Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Communist Thoughts posted:

I'm hype for this but think it looks a bit more generic than vermintide since it's much more of an fps now and there's a lotta zombie shooting it seems

Hopefully with them focusing completely on Nurgle Cultists this time around they'll dig a bit deeper into some of the more odd critters that lurk under his banner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Vargs posted:

Really hoping this game lets you jump into a real difficulty from the start rather than forcing you to slog through recruit/veteran equivalents like VT2.

Personally I'm hoping they don't lock content behind the higher difficulty settings like they did in VT2

Arghy posted:

Idk if they'd skip the micro transaction grind or not but hopefully they get a loving clue and put some weapon unlocks behind very small progression then just go straight to cosmetics for rewards. I enjoyed reds but i don't want weapon stats anymore i want weapons being weapons like chaos wastes, make it all about skins and looking dapper as gently caress. Give me 100 lasgun skins, i won't complain.

Would be nice if they didn't lock weapon types behind RNG loot and/or crafting, barely got to use any weapon types in VT2 due to that(didn't help that I never did figure out how the crafting system in that game worked, they made it way too complicated for a game about smashing giant rats)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

The Huge Manatee posted:

I do like the baseline health restoration from hitting things and sticking with your team, stuff that had to be specced into in VT2

Yeah having it be included from the ground up is a good change, also I like that getting revived refills your health fully minus the chunk lost to "corruption"

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Even the Ogryn's big clunky shotgun has surprisingly good range for a video game shotgun

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Grognan posted:

bonking armored dudes without helmets on the head with the ogryn club makes the best noise, and it oneshots them

The fact that his special attack with clubs is just pimp smacking enemies will probably never get old for me, also Fatshark better do a cosmetic set for Ogryn that is basically just Juggernaut

Also hopefully one of the objectives being killing weird cyborg Nurgle bugs is a sign we'll be getting some of the weirder Nurgle aligned critters in the full game or at least down the road in future updates/expansions

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

It's even very blatantly the reason why Nurgle is the antagonist again

Would be funny if the work done doing the Ogryn for this game leads to them doing a playable Ogre for Vermintide 3

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Man they better have more options for matchmaking in the final version cause this game really needs an option to restrict lobbies to one of a given class, having more than one Psyker on a team all but guarantees failure

Also the fact that you can't swap classes outside of reloading the whole drat game is just plain idiotic

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Again worth mentioning that Nurgle as a Chaos faction actually does have critters more interesting than what we've seen so far, it isn't all just Zombies

Though whether we get any at launch is the real question

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Playing this makes me wonder how nobody has managed to make a good replication of the Director in L4D, the AI responsible for changing the level and enemy/special spawns to make every playthrough of the level feel unique. It's been more than 10 years.

Killing Floor 2 did a pretty decent job in that regard, as did Deep Rock Galactic but yeah it is a bit of a rarity otherwise

Sharkopath posted:

The opposite is also fun, one of may favorite runs was me as the veteran leader with my 3 large sons clearing the way while i kept them safe from specials.

Had a similar experience with a 3 Ogryn, 1 Psyker team

Broken Cog posted:

Speaking of the Ogryn grenade, it felt really underwhelming, and considering how slow it was to take out and throw, I felt I was basically always better off just keeping the shotgun out and blasting away.
Was kinda funny how you're just tossing a box, but the novelty wore off fast

Kind of like how one never really uses the special ability as Veteran(as it is really wimpy) or your gun as Psyker(if you only had the revolver)

Vargs posted:

It's generally less about people berating others for their lack of green circles (though I have seen this happen) and more about people playing in stupid-rear end ways to get as many green circles for themselves as possible, which almost always happens.

Wildly firing shots at elites or hordes that are already being handled by teammates, causing friendly fire and leaving other areas exposed. Constantly trying to push just a bit past everyone else to make sure that all of the rat kills are theirs. Pointlessly trying to score snipes on single ambient rats before anyone else can reach them which ends up with at least 10 javelins in the group's backs by the end of the mission. Hell, that last one annoyed me enough that I fired up MSPaint to vent about it right after release:

This is pretty good

Internet Explorer posted:

This is definitely true. VT2 gated the difficulties a little more strictly from character power (level + item level). I saw there was a little of that going on, but it was a lot more lax.

Which is great because that was probably the worst thing about VT2, it gating content behind difficulty levels

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Perestroika posted:

With the whole Nurgle thing going on I'd expect some actual demons to make an appearance, especially for headhunting/boss fight missions. Chaos Spawn seems to be a shoe-in, but a Plaguebearer or even a Great Unclean One could certainly pop up as well. Or as a comedy option just a gigantic ball of Nurglings rolling around the map.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Hire the total war 3 animator who did Nurglings in that game.

yeah hopefully they'll be able to dig deeper into the Nurgle bestiary cause there's some great goobers there;

https://bogleech.com/halloween/hall14-nurgle.html

https://bogleech.com/halloween/hall18-nurgle.html

like just imagine this thing being a mission boss;

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Yeah I might do the Gamepass version first just to see how launch performance is, but any serious play would probably be on Steam since that will almost definitely have the longer lifespan

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Wheeee posted:

Ogryn has the age-old big character problem of being too big in relation to everything else, you have to be looking down constantly

Game needs ratlings

Wouldn't be surprised if we get one down the road, feels like the dialogue brings them up too often for it to just be an Easter Egg, personally I'm hoping for a Mechanicus related character, maybe even one for the new version of the Squats

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Okay that is comedy gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Internet Explorer posted:

Y'all are doing Sigmar's work. Or is it the Emperor's work? I'm not very good with Warhammer lore.

Sigmar for fantasy, Emperor for 40k