Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

New blaster pistol looks awesome, it has a rad sound effect and a little cartridge is ejected after each skill use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

wazu posted:

What is this magical item called?

Pistol is called Provenance, rifle version is called Causality

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Hopefully you mean "new to you" since both those are a few years old. :D

haha I definitely meant new to me. They're really cool skins!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Is that the staff that's currently on the CM flash sale today? Because god drat that looks cool

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

Yeah, it's Senya's Lightsaber Pike. However, I should mention that the default colour crystal is blue and that it doesn't come with the fiery lightning effect shown here (that would be the Executioner Lightning Weapon tuning).

Sold.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

OhFunny posted:

SWTOR's moving to a 64-bit client.

Edit: The game servers will also be moving onto Amazon Web Services.

Now can they please fix the horrible jerky too-fast mouse movement

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

kedo posted:

This fixed it for me: https://www.reddit.com/r/swtor/comments/s3yvmm/swtor_high_mouse_sensitivity_fix_in_2022/ The mouse speed was the main thing preventing me from playing this game for like, five years.

I'll try that again but it hasn't worked in the past :( I really enjoy SWTOR so I've sucked it up and just lived with it, but the jerky camera rotation drives me mad. And occasionally it just snaps to a new spot. No other game I've played has ever done this.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

This game definitely scratches an itch for me that no other MMO really seems to. I really enjoy it. I really like laser blasting luke skywalker motherfuckers while dressed as a stormtrooper. It rules.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

Obviously the fact that SWTOR is a Star Wars MMO helps set it apart from the rest, but I feel that all aspects of its roleplaying implementation give it something that few if any other MMOs have. Like Shard said, you can play a Dark Side Jedi or a Light Side Sith and it makes a genuine difference, especially during the class story*. It's notable too, I think, that pretty much all of the original content remains well worth playing and even replaying due to said class stories*. You look at an MMO like WoW, and in spite of its plethora of classes, is it really worthwhile to go through older content more than once per faction? And not every MMO even has distinct factions with their own areas and storylines to begin with.

Aside from that, I think SWTOR's just in a pretty good place as an MMO. There's lots of things to do and great quality of life overall - I'm particularly grateful that the Bind to Legacy mechanic means you don't have to spend ages grinding to get every alt up to spec at level 80. The only real issue is that the amount of work required to create new content of SWTOR's established level of quality and the comparatively small size of its playerbase (and possibly also its F2P model) mean that you have to settle for considerably less in terms of pure quantity than for the likes of WoW and FF14. That said: I'd rather have 10 minutes of SWTOR's punchy storytelling than 100 of the other two games' overwrought and/or ponderous writing. FF14 especially would try my patience to the extreme, judging from some of the videos I've seen.

Agreed with all that. The only thing that drives me nuts about SWTOR and almost makes me avoid playing it sometimes, is how janky the mouse movement is. I've done the config file trick to lower sensitivity but it's still jerky and janky and spastic and brutal. I hate it so much.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I was going to make a sith warrior and go LS so that's all great to hear. And is LS or DS inquisitor better?

Also DS agent rules, just total psychopath mode.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i do not want to gently caress Khem Val

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm playing both agent and jedi knight alts right now, because 1) I wanted to do a dark side story on the agent and it's ruthless and awesome, and 2) I wanted to bring a force user through KOTFE/KOTET and read that the JK was the best one to do that with as the story was basically written for them.

My trooper/vanguard is still my favourite character all around though, and I guess my main.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Error 404 posted:

In the outfitter, you can also use blaster rifles and sniper rifles interchangeably.

Suppressive fire with a blaster rifle is hella trooper for the record.

Wait wait wait. I can be a sniper combat style, have a sniper rifle equipped, but use a regular blaster rifle in the outfitter??? They don't have to match?!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

Yep! Sadly the same isn't true with Commandos, they can't use blaster rifles in outfitter, but that's because some of their abilities require an assault cannon, whereas all sniper abilities can be done with a blaster rifle.

hell yes, this vastly improved my agent!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Someone give me 1b credits pls

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Oh poo poo good call, I'm capped on tech fragments and forgot about those!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

Also apparently PvP Season 2 adds a flippin' set of space samurai armour to the game.

also this looks good

https://twitter.com/swtorfashion/status/1623768914160132098

also Andor pistol!!!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

If anyone needs a credit sink, DM me :wink:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Andor pistol sooooooon

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Time to fire it back up!!! Patch sounds awesome.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

While we wait for the servers to come back online (which apparently might take a little while yet), here's the full nitty-gritty on Galactic Seasons 4. Get a load of this flippin' paintjob:

:getin: to my fly as heck car

gently caress i want this

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I only have 2 swtor wishes for eternity:

1) fix mouse acceleration my god how is this still so bad

2) let me us a regular blaster rifle instead of a stupid ugly assault cannon as a commando

thank you god bless

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Preechr posted:

Be a trooper but play as a lethality operative. You’re shooting nerds with your blaster rifle all day.

I would but I already chose commando as my secondary style :smith: (vanguard is 1st)

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Medullah posted:

It's me, in the weird guy that largely loved Solo. It's better than TLJ and RoS.

I actually agree with this 100%, but Solo is still dogshit.

The best star wars, by far, is Andor followed by Rogue One. No contest.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

quote:

Daily Resource Matrices have been removed from the game.

thank gently caress

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Getting rid of daily resource matrix requirements for conquest gear has made gearing up alts sooooo much nicer

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Sombrerotron posted:

It helps with implants etc., but you do know that you can just get one character to unlock blue 336 mods and then buy them for any other character right? That ultimately takes care of most of the gearing-up hassle.

Motherfucker

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

How is a dot spec like plasmatech in PvP?

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

my only issue with Tactics DPS is that it feels entirely GCD-dependent, just not a very "smooth" spec to play. It absolutely nukes everything, though.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I need a bunch of datacrons so sounds good

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm having decision paralysis. I want to choose a 2nd character to play through all the expansions, starting basically with RotHC. I've done 100% of all of it with a LS trooper. It was fun but kotfe/kotet didn't really work well for a non-force user. So what should I bring through next? I have to choose one because I'm a filthy casual and this is a big time investment! My choices are:

LS jedi knight
Neutral BH
Neutral/LS sith warrior
DS as gently caress inquisitor
Neutral/DS imp agent

thank you in advance for deciding for me.

bonus pic of said trooper:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

JK makes a ton of sense. Agreed. I'm just really unsure about that given I already brought a full LS republic character through it all. So I'm definitely leaning towards

Neutral/LS SW
DS as gently caress inquisitor

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Hmm okay. OR I could do both DS inquisitor and LS jedi knight, for the true both sides experience, and just plan to play this game for the next year at least lol

e: I AM SO INDECISIVE
e2: okay what if I do LS jedi knight for the true canon experience, then imp agent DS for moustache twirling psycho killer imp experience
e3: i've decided to eliminate inquisitor because i just don't like the voice actor

CLAM DOWN fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 29, 2023

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Okay I am sold. It's SW time. Many thanks to all of you. The SW voice acting (for male) is great too!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Rookersh posted:

Rad, hope you didn't mind me laying down the hammer there. But whenever I'm indecisive I need someone to lay it on thick.

You'd have had a substantially worse experience doing JK for what you want. If you ever get time to get around to it, sure check it out. But if you have very limited time and want this to matter? SW. Easy answer SW.

SW/IA are the two storylines everyone needs to at least have done before finishing SWTOR.

Absolutely don't mind, I needed to be told what to do!!! Appreciate all of it.

howe_sam posted:

The male SI VA is whatever, but the Female Sith inquisitor is one of my favorite VAs in the whole game.

That explains it because my SI is a male lol

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Shard posted:

So SWTOR is run by Broadsword now right? Have there been any noticeable changes or improvements or unimprovements since they took over?

I mean it's been like a month. 7.4 is looking awesome though!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Pryce posted:

Honestly there's not a ton of juicy stuff (and Gary, who took over from Casey, was honestly one of the most supportive people at EA at advocating and championing SWTOR). The post-launch team of the last 6+ years have all been amazing. They're so eager to do more and push their limits, they are never satisfied with what can be done and always want to try one more thing. They (or past tense 'we') don't always get it right on the first try but every single person on that team is there because they want to be, and that's so rare aross the industry. I miss the team a lot and thankfully am still close friends with many of them.

Sorry, nothing super juicy to share!

That's so awesome to hear!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

duddits posted:

Welp, resubbed after about six months of not playing and found out the hundreds of millions of credits i had in legacy storage are gone. That kind of took the shine off my return.

where did they go??

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

duddits posted:

No clue where or why. I'm only on one server. I put them all in before my last unsubscribe for easier access than paying cartel coins for escrow access, and I returned to zero.

credits do not just vanish in this game. they just don't. so either you were compromised and your credits stolen, or you misplaced them or forgot something about what you had done with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

if someone wants to give me 104 billion i can test the limit for you