Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Chevy Slyme posted:

Character Idea: Goblin Monk with Monastic Weaponry/Ancestral Weaponry, Bullet Dancer Archetype, and an Explosive Dogslicer.

The explosive dogslicer is an advanced weapon, and Bullet Dancer Stance only works with simple firearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
All the rules content is in Foundry already, so buying rulebooks is just for the PDFs.

Several adventure paths (Abomination Vaults, Outlaws of Alkenstar, Blood Lords) have paid Foundry modules, and those will have maps, NPCs, and journal entries already set up for you, as well as ambient sounds for each map.

There's also the Bestiary Token Pack, which includes artwork and tokens for every creature in Bestiary 1-3.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

KPC_Mammon posted:

Is there a decent way to use a staff as a bard and still get the +1/2/3 item bonus that DCs assume you'll be getting? I'm only finding two-handed instruments and alchemical elixers.

Not being able to use magical staves seems kinda bad, especially with lower spell slots than sorcerers or wizards.

Each skill page on Archives of Nethys has a table behind a dropdown with every item that grants a bonus to that skill. Here's the page for Performance.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
aon and a spreadsheet

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

marshmallow creep posted:

So I am a little confused about Giant Instinct barbarians and want to make sure I am not missing anything.

When they change size, does that only increase their reach or does that also increase the size of their weapon? If it does, and you already have a Large weapon, does it become Huge? What about if you size change to Huge?

Since you can't increase your die past d12, it seems like using something like a large greataxe is taking a penality for no or lesser benefit (apart from the class specific damage bonus of course) so you'd be better served by taking something that does a d8 or d10 or can be used in one hand and then bigging it up.

When you become large using the Giant's Stature feat, it only increases your reach, not your damage.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
A level -1 creature is 2 levels below a level 1 party (1 - 2 = -1), so is worth 20 XP.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cyouni posted:

It's actually simple proficiency is why. But yes, you don't really want to use it as a primary weapon.

the heavy crossbow is simple, but the heavy repeating crossbow is martial

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Cyouni posted:

Ah, yeah. It's mainly that you can easily stack it using things like Crossbow Ace to get up to a d12 weapon at all ranges for 5 shots. You can also use things like Precision on Ranger and stuff like Penetrating Shot to take full advantage of the limited shots, but you'll definitely want a plan for after that. I've been playing a Sniper Gunslinger with an Arquebus, and the repeating heavy can hit close to the higher ranges of its damage consistently (since you're not relying on fatal) at the full range you can accept.

crossbow ace only increases the damage die of simple crossbows tho, if you have crossbow ace the only reason to use a repeating heavy crossbow over a standard crossbow is the extra range

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
pf1 clerics could burn prepared spells to cast an equivalent-level cure spell, and druids could do the same to cast summon nature's ally

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Toxicologists can use their class DC for any infused poison, not just ones made with Quick Alchemy, but other than that there's no way to use your class DC with Advanced Alchemy.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
your gm is wrong, if you're avoiding notice you can roll stealth for initiative even if the rest of the party are the noisiest fuckers in the universe

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
PF2e Companion Compendia is outright required if you have a player with an animal/construct/undead companion or eidolon

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
The colours + icons for damage types is the PF2 system itself, not a module

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Sleeping in armour leaves you fatigued, unless you're sleeping in armour with the comfort trait.
If you're wearing heavy armour, it comes with a padded armour undercoat which benefits from the runes on the full set of armour, and it has the comfort trait so you can sleep in just the padded armour and still get your armour's runes. It's probably not the best solution, but it's better than nothing.

e: If you have Trick Magic Item or a caster dedication, you can grab a wand of Instant Armor and cast it every night before sleeping.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Phalanx piercer also has reload 1, which is a big downside compared to a longbow.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Someone did a full writeup of the keynote here.
Of note, about the two new classes

quote:

Neither class has ever appeared in the world of Golarion before, the name of the book is still a spoiler.
So it's definitely not shifter.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Kwolok posted:

Do we know exactly when in November the new core releases?

November 15th, possibly earlier if you have a subscription

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
Rare backgrounds often have nonstandard benefits. In exchange for losing an ability score boost and a lore skill, Feral Child makes you trained in another normal skill and gives you improved senses. Feral Child is more nonstandard than most rare backgrounds (most of them seem to replace the free skill feat or trained skills with some unique ability), but it's not the only big outlier; Amnesiac gives you three free boosts, one chosen by the GM, and no other benefits.

e: Magical Experiment only gives a single abiltiy boost.

Red Metal fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Oct 11, 2023

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lurks With Wolves posted:

Also, skeleton and duskwalker are both versatile heritages so you can't attach one to the other. They both require the same mechanical bit to be traded out.

skeleton is an ancestry, not a heritage

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
There's pf2e ranged combat for more involved ammunition tracking, but other than that there's just what's in the base system.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

ItohRespectArmy posted:

there dosen't seem to be any of the ammo from guns and gears in the compendium, so I can't seem to do any of the attack macroes, I just assumed that the guns and gear stuff was a seperate module due to that.

The ammunition for firearms is called "rounds", so make sure you're searching for that.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
they do have the sliders, you have to click the arrow next to adjust donation then choose custom amount

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's part of the general rules for backgrounds

quote:

If you gain the trained proficiency rank in a skill from your background and would then gain the trained proficiency rank in the same skill from your class at 1st level, you instead become trained in another skill of your choice.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

Some stat blocks have like 2d6 slashing + 1d6 evil. 6 months ago only people of good alignment took evil damage. Now evil becomes unholy and only people who are sanctified holy take unholy damage.

For example this guy:

That part isn't true, here's what the holy trait says

quote:

unholy (trait) Effects with the unholy trait are tied to powerful magical forces of cruelty and sin. They often have stronger effects on holy creatures. Creatures with this trait are strongly devoted to unholy causes, and often have weakness to holy. If a creature with weakness to unholy uses an unholy item or effect, it takes damage from its weakness.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
In the next AP, Wardens of Wildwood.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
They'll probably do previews of some changes and additions in the lead-up to the book coming out, like they did with Player Core 1, but other than that, no.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

sugar free jazz posted:

except pf2 is good, so it’s definitely closer to 4e :smug:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe

Facebook Aunt posted:

If you have an alchemical shootist, look up life shot. https://2e.aonprd.com/Equipment.aspx?ID=1899

Not that great under normal circumstances. But if you have infused reagents and advanced alchemy, during your daily preparations you make 2 batches of stuff from each set of reagents. Ammunition comes in batches of 10. So you can make 2 healing elixirs or 20 healing ammunition for the same cost.

Great for emergency healing for a pal that is way across the map. Or between fights you can helpfully mag dump into your friends.

if by alchemical shootist you mean munitions crafter, the 10 bullets for 1 reagent only applies to level 0 ammunition. any fancy alchemical ammunition uses the normal rules for advanced alchemy, which is two items

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Fun Shoe
The hand management isn't that big an issue, since you can swap implements as a free action as part of using an implement's action

Second Implement posted:

While you're holding an implement in one hand, you can quickly switch it with another implement you're wearing to use an action from the implement you're switching to. To do so, you can Interact as a free action immediately before executing the implement's action. This allows you to meet requirements of having an implement in hand to use its action. For example, if you had your lantern implement in one hand, a weapon in the other, and a chalice implement you were wearing, you could swap your lantern for your chalice to use its reaction.