Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Georgia is the defending national champions. That’s pretty neat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Just realized Georgia State's first two games are @SCAR and UNC, with UNC actually coming to the former Turner Field.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Spacebump posted:

What caused Frost to be so bad at Nebraska? I wasn’t expecting him to go undefeated in the Big 10 but I thought his teams would be better than this.

We first start with the hypothesis that Nebraska's time as a national power is long gone and their ceiling is 9 wins or so, which even Mike Riley did.

Given that, Frost has to 1) be crafty in accumulating talent; and/or 2) be a lot smarter than the other guys.

Well, their recruiting classes imploded and Frost's charges have been the worst in-game coaching staff in the country. Their special teams are bad to the point of being suspicious.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Article ($$$) on Jake Fromm on what's probably his post-football life

Fromm backing into the Giants starting job, only to use the same flatulent, mistake-mitigating "offense" Waffle House playbook that James Coley made him run was so sad. I can't imagine having a lifetime of quarterbacking and the end result is "I (except for that one game) didn't turn the ball over much." Here's hoping he catches on in the third XFL attempt and is finally – finally! – given a chance to sling it.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Second dude's legs ripped AF

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2022 Georgia Bulldogs

Last year: :smuggo:

Departing: A whole bunch of guys

Returning: Stetson Bennett IV, who legitimately turns 25 this season; the BEEFDOZER® (TEs Brock Bowers, Arik Gilbert, Darnell Washington, and Oscar Delp, who should all be on the field at the same time running tunnel screens because it'd be hilarious), Kenny McIntosh, taking over at RB1; Jalen Carter, taking over as That Dude on the DL; LB Nolan Smith, who was once the #1 recruit in the country and has had a fine enough career at UGA but still seems like he has something to prove; Kelee Ringo :smuggo:.

Schedule:

Oregon (in Atlanta)
Samford
@ SCAR
Kent State
@ Mizzou
Auburn
Vandy
Florida (WLOCP)
UT
@ Miss. State
@ UK
GT

Georgia will be favored in all of these, usually by double digits. That said, they lost a TON of talent and flipping the knob from "historically great defense" to "probably great defense" could make things a little wonky. The '21 offense had the benefit of knowing that D just wasn't gonna let anyone score; what happens when they have to work a little? Also the punting situation is apparently not great.

Best case: Repeat. It's a stretch, but this is a runnable regular season table.

Worst case: Start with a greasy upset against Oregon, lose @ SCAR, get right enough to come back and win the East only to get obliterated by Bama and head to the Citrus or something.

Likely case: 11-1, SEC East champs, lose to Bama again with no mulligan this time, go to a NY6 bowl as a lowkey close to the Stetson Era. Flags fly forever, baby.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Hulu has some of the worst UX I've ever seen in any product, ever.

"I want to find an episode from a show I like." Well tap left four times, then down, then up again, then right, then...oh also it'll gently caress out and skip to the next episode and you get 4 minutes of ads if you try to go back

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Doesn't have TNT/TBS though, so there's some sports gap

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Raku posted:

lmao it even has a spelling error (your/you're).

also "RELEIVED"

Layers and layers of nitwittery.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nebraska's lone BCS Championship Game appearance: total rear end-kicking that set the program back decades
Nebraska's lone Big 10 Championship Game appearance: total rear end-kicking that set the program back decades
Nebraska's lone Aer Lingus College Football Classic appearance: ?????

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

lol that Frost would tell anyone who’d listen about his linemen puking during practice and then they come out and get steamrolled by Northwestern. Total clownfraud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

listened to that linked Cornhusker fan call-in show on a road trip earlier today and someone had the dueling bright ideas that 1) Nebraska should run the option again (yeah, yeah); and 2) ....they should get a "quarterback like Jake Fromm" to run it (I'm not kidding!)