Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

orangelex44 posted:

It's much worse. Snowfall was the only card Shaman was built around, because it was a board lockdown plus a wincon all in one... that you could repeat up to four times. By removing the "wincon" part of the equation you end up with a deck that can't win anymore (surprising, I know!). It's pretty decent at losing slowly, though!

Also as a part of this, the evolve package has turned out not to be good enough in the meta. Mage, hunter and druid all basically don't care and they're the Classes That Matter right now.

you should be happy - priest is back to tier 1.

the rest of us weep...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

Hahahaha you can easily report people now. Good.

how? my report button has been greyed out since forever... do i just have something disabled / need to turn something on?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Desert Bus posted:

This is buried WAY down in the patch notes but it's big if you wanna be an rear end back to rage adds. I try and make them friends but sometimes they're just terrible people.

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23831411/24-2-patch-notes

Feature Update: In-Game Reporting

In-game player reporting is now live for all players. You can now report friends, current opponents, and past opponents from the friends list menu. Grounds for reporting include inappropriate names, inappropriate chats, and inappropriate gameplay. Now we can all work together to make sure the tavern is a safe and inviting place for everybody to play!

hmmm... maybe this will work for me finally...

one day... :smith:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Beasteh posted:

I'm so loving tired of mage

What dunks on mage

hunter and druid.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Strawberry Panda posted:

CMBrick #1242 for a friend challenge quest!

still need this done?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mayveena posted:

If you’re playing standard, anyone see any class other than druids and mages? They need a emergency hot fix or something.

it's basically all quest, druid, mage, and some hunter. pretty rough trying to climb (and time consuming)...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
was grinding out some quests in wild and ended up climbing to legend.... might try this one again next month.

games are quick, and you'll auto lose to time warp mage while getting scammed by the usual suspects (druid, priest, etc.) unless your rng / draw is insane. also the number of people running reno + renathal in wild is very, very stupid.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Excelzior posted:

except you immediately run into the problem of leftover runestones despite their hype :laffo:

i am shocked. absolutely. shocked.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

AnacondaHL posted:

The tavern brawl is the most rigged poo poo ever, what in the actual gently caress

we finally got a new brawl, but it's actually worse than other brawls and makes us want the old ones instead :smith:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
activision apparently sent out a new survey, and streamers are getting real mad...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
was he the guy that created runestones?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Shockeh posted:

It finally happened, and I made Legend for the first time (3800) using Relics DH - All three games in Diamond 1 were Quest fuckin’ Priests, and all three got very upset at Theotar swaps loving up their numbers.

congrats! i remember the first time, and it was really great.

hopefully we'll get the mini-set soon because trying to play right now feels like playing with nerf guns.... i actually started playing bgs :smith:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jubs posted:

Speaking of, the achievement points are so useless. There's not a single incentive to collect them.

it's another way to keep players engaged, chasing after achievements (people love seeing number go up!). ever since they put these in wow, they've been spreading them to every single game... :smith:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Orange Carlisle posted:

monetization decisions being the only real conductor lol

i for one am shocked!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

mcbexx posted:

After finishing the puzzle, I can not help but wonder if one of the next expansions will add an Renathal-like card that expands your board space to 10.

more like with bgs, it'll likely cost us instead of being a card. only $19.99 per season for three extra spaces - what a steal, think of the value (and def. not pay to win, no no, they would never do that)!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

someone just used that minion that repeats the last battlecry you played to repeat theotar. They obviously didn't get to choose and my order in the court got swapped for their sire denathrius. they immediately conceded. weird, crazy, wonder why

I can't imagine running that minion alongside theotar. That just sounds like an accident waiting to happen

they probably thought it'd work like when you use theo + brann. good for you though!

while getting theo absolutely sucks, and him being neutral means you see him absolutely everywhere, the disruption that he brings is still a better thing for the game than some of the other cards / tech they have printed in these recent sets. things have gotten so bad, mage now has an official counter minion secret that they can run 2x of, and that's even after running the okani with brann package as well.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

kater posted:

just found out there's like a billion things under solo adventures. is any of this stuff cool? the last one i played I think was maybe the DH intro stuff.

OMFG FURRY posted:

anything with Dr boom is most likely broken for the single player content

yep, can confirm first hand that trying the dr. boom lab experiment puzzles will likely brick your game and you'll then need to contact blizz support for them to manually unlock your account. i too was trying to catch up on old content and multiple time in previous patches tried to finish the ones i was missing only to have the game lock up in an endless loop.

fwiw, the rest of the solo content seems to be ok still and i didn't have any troubles with the other adventures (so far).

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

PneumonicBook posted:

What the gently caress would even cause that?

I was just thinking of going back and doing some of the heroic stuff I missed but yikes

somehow when they do patches it breaks old cards / old card interactions... not sure how else to explain it except small indie company.

as i mentioned, i haven't had real issues with the other solo adventures, just really the dr. boom puzzle lab.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

dual type minions, loving FINALLY

the technology is finally here in 2022 or they are really scraping the bottom of the barrel with all of these packs, cosmetics, and bundles....

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
anyone else having issues getting hs to update on mobile from the amazon appstore? it keeps saying i need to update and then when i hit yes to install, it just spins and goes back to showing i need an update.

i swear every time they update the game, they make it harder and harder to use amazon coins. i used to be able to use an mobile emulator on my pc to do it until this past year's expacs seemed to break that entirely.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Sandwolf posted:

very hosed up if they're just gonna let people lucky enough to open the packs early a bunch of legendaries wtf

yea i'm pretty bummed that i missed out on this too.

tried opening some different packs and nothing works for me. but i could still buy something from the shop... so glad they have their priorities straight!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah same. Whole thing happened overnight my time so I wake up and find out I've missed a shitload of legendaries.

it's both frustrating and sad that the old blizzard saying is still going strong in 2022: exploit early, exploit often, and get rewarded.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

so i guess those that weren't lucky enough to open the bugged packs early are just sol. never change blizzard... sucks to be us.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
the real crime is locking all of those actually good looking portraits behind bgs (and the separate bg battle pass) and making folks pay for the crappier ones in the shop instead...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neeber posted:

Been sitting on a Challenge a Friend and Spectate a Friend daily for nearly a week before realizing none of my friends play this game anymore. Anybody up for some free gold? Neeber #1419 on Americas

added you last night, i'm in a similar boat. lemme know if you still needed these done!

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Neeber posted:

Yep, Accepted the friend request! Hope to bump into you sometime. I have a toddler running around so unfortunately I'm only on about an hour a day at most.

all good, congrats! understand 100%...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Rogue keeping Prep and Shadowstep :cool:

the entire team must be rogue mains... every year. another year of the rogue.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Still pretty early but I think Demon Hunter may be the first class eating a nerf this expansion

it shouldn't - it gets eaten up by a decent number options, one of which includes blood dk which is currently beating/ outlasting everything it seems.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Oenis posted:

kill all aggro decks, let fun reign for once

best feeling in the game right now is deleting a control player's deck with the tony combo. it's ok when they rope afterwards because i know they're destroying their entire place and smashing walls.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

fanny packrat posted:

I had awful luck opening packs this expac (hit the pity timer once, went over thirty another time) but I did get Tony. Which list are you running?

something like this:

### Tony Montana
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Free Spirit
# 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
# 2x (1) Rake
# 1x (2) Crazed Alchemist
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 2x (3) Wild Growth
# 1x (4) Smothering Starfish
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (7) Underking
# 1x (7) Zok Fogsnout
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAcaLBQadoASNtQSm7wS+mAXN0AWq4AUMiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAEwd8EvJgF7qMF/N8F/d8FiuAFkeAFqeAFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

you're gonna need at least 19 armor for the combo to work (tony, jailer, starfish) and it doesn't always work, but when does ... :wave:

you have a backup with zok and alchemist so if you instead can make a huge hp minion stick, just flip the stats on the next turn for an otk.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

TyrantWD posted:

Am I the only one conceding as soon as the opponent is revealed to be a blood DK? I have no desire to play through a 35 minute game. Had runs where I had to concede 5 games in a row, but I'd rather not climb than spend 3 hours playing 5 games.

nope you're not alone... reminds me of barrens priest.

as it stands right now, it seems that most of the game modes are busted: standard is being dominated by dk (see pic below), wild is being overrun by druid (due to twig, sphere and instrument tech), and arena is bookended by cards such as pack the house and also dk once again.

all in all, looks like a great start to the new expansion. but how about them new signature cards eh?

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
biggest whiff on a hotfix since... forever?

approaching wyatt cheng do you guys not have phones level soon...

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mayveena posted:

It takes longer to get them to 0 level and some games you can't afford to hold on to them that long.

No surprise on the DK nerf, they should have done that in the first go round.

eh? they should've been hitting dk cards instead of just chipping away at other decks (which still aren't really competitive compared to dk) and that "nerf" is probably actually a buff because it'll just further help bad [dk] players mulligan better.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Scholtz posted:

Yeah I like this expansion except for Blood DK. They have way too much health and they can answer to seemingly anything with the amount of discover they have.

that's pretty much this expansion. festival of death knights. hopefully it is fixed soon, but this last patch wasn't it.

on another note, tony druid is now putting in some work, making more folks break things and punch walls. the latest development has been the inclusion of mosher and attorney, which basically act like a one sided board clear that leaves you with a big boy to smash their face with, or as another finisher after jailer is down since the mosher will be immune (to most removal). very satisfying to use. something like the following:

### Tony Montana
# Class: Druid
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Wolf
#
# 2x (0) Aquatic Form
# 2x (0) Innervate
# 2x (1) Free Spirit
# 2x (1) Peaceful Piper
# 2x (1) Rake
# 2x (2) Attorney-at-Maw
# 2x (2) Groovy Cat
# 1x (3) Wild Growth
# 2x (4) Spread the Word
# 2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
# 2x (5) Nourish
# 2x (5) Summer Flowerchild
# 1x (5) Tony, King of Piracy
# 2x (7) Underking
# 1x (7) Zok Fogsnout
# 1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
# 1x (8) Mish-Mash Mosher
# 1x (10) The Jailer
#
AAECAcTbBAaJnwSm7wS+mAXWxgXN0AWq4AUMrp8E2p8ErsAEwd8Eje8EvJgF7qMF/N8F/d8FiuAFkeAFqeAFAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

ymmv but i'm gonna be jamming more of this since i'm stuck at dad legend again.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
quit and requeue another lobby.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I think we’re in the middle ground, no deck seems overly strong to me imo.

still pretty bad....

the percentage of dks you face keeps going up until you hit legend, where it dips to a chill 30% or so.

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
it really depends what bracket you're in, but dk is all over ranked. unfort. it worse as you climb, quick snapshot of just the last day in americas region:

it's gotten better only slightly, with dk dropping off by a few points but it's still dkstone (except at the lowest and highest ranks). ymmv depending on where you play, but safe to say, it's still dkstone until they figure out a way to unfuck the other decks or take a big bat to dk. to me, the bs with dks is the same as the brain damage and frustration with control priest, just wrapped up in a slightly different package. basically this:

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

Firebert posted:

Meta is rear end, druid is fun tho

More people should be playing rogue, that deck is unbeatable

doing god's work i see. more dks to put into the ground (until all the priest players come out again).

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe
yea i had my hs hiccup as well, cost me a game (or two). very tilting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

Fun Shoe

World War Mammories posted:

patch notes are live https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23935323/26-0-4-patch-notes

DK rule nerf: triple-rune cards of any combination (all the same, different like climactic necrotic explosion, etc) can no longer be discovered or generated

three card nerfs: overseer frigidara from 5 attack to 3, rowdy fan from +4 attack to +3, twig of the world tree got the expected nerf to "refresh your mana crystals"

wide variety of buffs. lots for warrior, including verse riff/bridge riff/voone/power slider, and thori'belore can now be revived infinitely

spitelash siren made cheaper, a 4 mana 2/5, so I expect that will make a resurgence

naga mage back is a big yikes... that feels like a real bad mistake they're gonna regret. maybe they can bring back some more classics next patch :smith: