Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Druid is overplayed compared to its actual strength right now. Wait until next week and you will see a different story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Been playing Prestor Druid with the new miniset cards (Dew Process, Attorney-at-Maw). Not sure what the most optimal list is but honestly most of the cards in this deck don't matter anyway.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

This thread has such an irrational hatred for druid lol, beast hunter is like 1/5th of all decks on ladder and everyone is still complaining about post-nerf guff for some reason

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Format needs more lethality so badly. Every deck being a giant minion pile is so boring.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Thread complaining about druid when it isnt even close to being the best deck again :D

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

#2 could be done by paladin when the game launched, so I'm not sure how indicative of anything it is.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Think we can make OTK Uther work again in standard?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Mayveena posted:

Hearthstone going off line in China unless they can find a new partner

https://www.ft.com/content/2d3a2351-8c19-4e11-bf16-54d05a668840

This seems bad, there's a lot of great Chinese players out there!

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

PneumonicBook posted:

Why would they nerf it? It's a completely reasonable aggro deck.

This thread hates Druid

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

This thread hates Druid.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

so glad renathal is rotating. always disliked that card.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

fanny packrat posted:

I played that list a bit, seems good. Shaman's zoo/burn deck is starting to get interesting. I need more reps with it, but it seems like it can get under paladin, burn out warlock, and concede against warrior.

### Custom Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Pegasus
#
# 2x (1) Flowrider
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Lightning Reflexes
# 2x (1) Miracle Salesman
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Pop-Up Book
# 1x (1) Spirit Claws
# 2x (1) Thrall's Gift
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (2) Dryscale Deputy
# 2x (2) Flash of Lightning
# 2x (2) Gold Panner
# 2x (2) Kobold Geomancer
# 2x (2) Needlerock Totem
# 2x (2) Wandmaker
# 2x (5) Crash of Thunder
#
AAECAfe5AgKXoASU5gYO6ucDo58E+Z8ExNAFze4FyvgFy/gFhY4G65gGzpwGnJ4GqKcG66kG7+YGAAA=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

This deck is extremely legit and only really struggles against control warriors who know the matchup and focus on armoring up. Highly recommend people to try it - barely costs any dust and is very high power level.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/ZachODR/status/1772283203996221476

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Get ready for demon hunter

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Julio Cruz posted:

there are at least ways to counter (or at least play around) these things though

with an OTK out of hand literally the only option is “kill them first”

Or armor up?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

World War Mammories posted:

someday this gunslinger kurtrus I opened will have his day in the sun

It's alright in the reno window shopper deck.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Firebert posted:

I’m so happy about this, this has probably been the most destructive expansion for the long-term health of the game since they did the Stormwind quests

This feels like an overreaction

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Were people really complaining about tentacle decks?? What in the world

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I’m so loving sick of warrior decks and I am genuinely stupefied as to how they have dodged any consequential nerfs for almost half a year

the odyn deck is completely dead now, what do you mean?

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Sandwolf posted:

I’m not sure this is how HL Warriors are winning games?

It’s weird to me because the last balande patch did a pretty good job at actually reasonably nerfing a bunch of power decks. That’s good! It opened up the meta a lot! But they barely touched HL Warrior, and now that’s the top of the meta. Predictably.

They hit all the board clear but none of the lategame value. Only way to beat it now is to go under. This is why guaranteed lethality is healthy for a format

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

bravesword posted:

I've actually been having quite a bit of fun with the Hero Power/Spell Damage/Dragon Druid deck. It has a lot of wacky plays available, it can push enough damage fast enough to pressure Warrior, and it's flexible enough that it doesn't feel like there are any truly hopeless matchups. The biggest problem is that, as it's playing three different "packages" that don't have a lot of overlap, you run the risk of drawing, i.e., spell damage payoff cards without any enablers, or not enough Dragon cards to trigger all the "holding a Dragon" bonuses, but I've found this to be surprisingly uncommon. (Chia Drake feels so much less anemic as a 3/5; it's unbelievable.)

Agreed, I love this deck. Aviana gives it at least a fighting chance when games go long, too. Feels like it has a good matchup spread.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

The problem is the lack of lethality in the format. If you could OTK the warrior then they wouldn't be able to sit around and milk all that value. But they killed wheel so oh well.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Toyrantus seems like a good card not only lategame but also on curve, especially if you ramp into it. Rare to see a card that is good tempo and lategame value all in one.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Desert Bus posted:

wtf

standard is so weird

Secrets aren't exactly strong at the moment, and it's very possible anti-secret tech will be in the mini-set if they think the secret package is strong enough to require it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

orangelex44 posted:

Zarimi Priest isn’t fun to play. It’s mindlessly throwing down creatures and hoping you don’t get wiped, which is even worse now because the nerf means you don’t have access to tempo zarimi plays where you just want the card/ramp/board instead of a finisher kill.

Sloppy posted:

They overshot bad on the Zarimi nerf, I don't think he's been online once in aggro priest for me since the nerf (in like 30 games). Going to cut him, not sure what for yet though.

According to the new data reaper report, Zarimi priest is the strongest deck in the game right now. You need to run Clay Matriarch after the nerfs, but that's all that it needs.