Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Strawberry Panda posted:

It's funny how I'll see some cards a ton and never really look at them. Then one day I'll finally zoom in and see what's happening in the art and it'll be completely different then what my mind put together.

I still can't see anything other than a weird chicken when looking at Sylvanas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I played a lot of Hearthstone back around the first time they introduced the Old Gods and I'm trying to get back into it but I feel so overwhelmed by the amount of cards now, and how often they seem to keep coming. Anyone else feel this way? Any advice?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

That’s all good advice, and basically what’ve I’ve been doing. Playing a few games here and there with the free Warrior deck they gave me, trying to complete quests.

I miss the days of a few major expansions a year plus some adventures. Do they release new PVE content still? I know adventures are gone but wasn’t sure what else they’ve got. I did come back a few years ago and play the Witchwood SP stuff a bit and that was fun

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I'm only in, like, the middle of silver but I'm on a 12 game winning streak because of bots lol

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

I’m envious as gently caress of y’all. Maybe it’s cuz I hit Legend last two months but at Plat 5 it’s wall-to-wall real players who are sweaty as gently caress. So this makes me think it’s largely an MMR thing. I miss playing against ColorNouns :(

yeah, it rules

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

do we have a HS discord?

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Sandwolf posted:

If there is any interest I will set up an extremely barebones SA HS discord. I feel like last time this came up folks weren’t interested but I’d love a more casual place to talk to goons about HS. Every other HS discord on the internet is insufferable for various reasons.

i would be interested, at least.

now that i think about it, i believe that i asked this same question a few years ago in an older thread lol

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

should i spend all of my banked gold(2kish come launch day) on the new expansion packs? i haven't played much the last few years so my collection is pretty out of date -- not sure what the best option is for non-wild play

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

I've been playing this game off and on since launch and my brain still doesn't work well enough to ever build my own deck. I won't say that I LIKE netdecking, but i feel like I could never account for even 1/4th of the interactions I would need to make a deck work

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Patch notes are out —

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en...nG7zbTdYzRQ6ksQ

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

He’s cute

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Gaining 30 amour and 30 attack at the same time and killing them is a kind of disruption, when you think about it

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

What’s this DH deck? I’ve never really played much of that class and wouldn’t mind trying it for reasons…

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I dunno why you'd bother making and learning a deck that's almost certainly going to get its loving kneecaps broken in a week or so

Just to gently caress around for a bit and try something new. I almost exclusively play Paladin and Warrior, and I wasn’t around when DH came out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Odyn warrior definitely feels a bit less powerful now. I won't say it's been nerfed but waiting until turn 9 to drop him leaves you much more open that I had expected. That being said, I'm still using the free version. I should get around to working on a more expensive version