Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Sumeru is pretty neat! I'm giving Noelle the nickname the drowning machine because she's hucking dudes into the river one after another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I've been doing those quests for days now. My inability to pass by a chest or challenge or puzzle has slowed things down, though. One day I'll get to Sumeru City (I mean yeah I've been there but nothing has been done in the city yet).

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

RareAcumen posted:

So do the unlocks for the vines covering everything, the singing arches, the dendro barriers and those broken elemental totems come from the Archon quest or the Aranara ones?

Getting into places blocked by vines, the pods with green hue inside and general stuff like that are all stuff you learn to access through the Aranara quests. I did the archon quest chain tonight and it was a few hours. I think the Aranara quests are more like 12-20 depending how distracted you get chasing after chests, dendroculus, puzzles, and whatnot. It definitely felt like after doing the initial quests with Tighnari, I ran into Rana on the way to Sumeru City and then I just did Aranara quests all week until I finally sat down to do the archon quest chain. I sort of wish I had skipped back and forth earlier to get the rep stuff and commissions unlocked earlier but I had just sort of figured the Archon quest line would be huge and sprawling, too.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Mailer posted:

I've done everything I've found barring the Aranyka sidequest, which I hear is like ten hours of hell, and I'm not level 2 yet. Will probably see 3.1 before I unlock bounties. :/

It's a long series of quests but it's not that bad. Also there's lots of everyone's favorite pastime, dunking on Paimon in dialogs.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I use Ayaka, Fischl, XQ, and Barbara. Barbara tanks the arm phases just self healing and throwing out normal attacks and only dies if I miss a jump in the wave blasting phase. Sometimes Fischl doesn't kill the flower somehow (I honestly feel like it's bugged sometimes and one charged shot doesn't do it) but Barbara at C6 gets one free res. I got Zhongli recently so I might change things up eventually but for now that's my main boss killing team although I switch Fischl for another cryo if I don't need electro. I've recently been working on Klee and Yanfei but I don't think either would survive long in that fight unless I was using ZL heavily. It feels like I'm always missing some key character in people's surefire teams to beat whatever but I've only been playing since April so that's fine.

After finishing the available quests in Sumeru definitely work on the 30 day event with the picture taking, sonic the hedgehog running courses, fighting dudes, and world boss stuff. The rewards are good. My second account which is AR 38 can't start the Sumeru quests yet and I'm not sure if it's Chasm quests stopping him or Inazuma. He's right at the point in Liyue where he can leave for Inazuma but I haven't done it yet.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I found some of the new weapon recipes in Sumeru. For the Forest Regalia (claymore), Sapwood Blade (sword), King's Squire (bow), Moonpiercer (polearm), and Fruit of Fulfillment (catalyst), after you finish up the Vanarana quest chain and unlock the Tree of Dreams, there's a Aranara named Aravinay to the right of the path right by the Tree that has them available for pages of "Story of You and the Aranara" that I assume you got from turning in all those quests helping them out.

The location is probably common knowledge but I don't read a lot about the game unless I get stuck on something. Heck it took me a while to find the silapna to re-enter which is of course right in Vanarana to the NE of the main pool. The weapons themselves have a kind of wood and leaf and gold dendro motif. No idea if they're good but they use new billets.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Incoherence posted:

Is there even a way to farm the new billets yet aside from the conversion recipe? There's no new weekly boss for Sumeru yet (presumably it'll show up in 3.1 or 3.2 or something).

I have the sword and claymore midlander billets but they were both from turning in sigils at the tree of dreams. It looks like rank 4 gives the sword, 14 gives the claymore. I'm not high enough to see if there's one at 24 yet.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I made a Sapwood Blade just to check it out but even the first ascension is Copper Talisman of the Forest Dew which is in Domain of Forgery: Tainted Clouds which is M/Th/Su. I'll have to upgrade tomorrow.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Zenostein posted:

lol that's just the cursed sword but wood. does it glow?

Not without ascension, maybe after it's powered up a bit.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I upgraded the Sapwood Blade to see if it has cosmetic changes. Looks like it gets some internal brightness from 40 to 50 but that's all I noticed.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Playing a bit on my alt account since the Sumeru archon quest chain is gated behind the Inazuma one and some Chasm stuff, and I just had the fun of showing the resistance fighters how to do archery on Yashiori island while lightning kept striking the targets and causing me to fail or striking me and throwing me out of the box. It took like five tries to finish it. Pretty funny!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Infinity Gaia posted:

I like the Aranara questline, all the Aranara's are cool and good and my friends :colbert:. Plus they all love to engage in the national pastime of dunking on Paimon.

It's an important part of adventuring.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Maxwell Adams posted:

Well, I did it now. I broke the video game.

https://i.imgur.com/2rcVBSj.mp4

I can fast travel to the domain 'Fragment of Childhood Dreams' and drop down, there's a cave with some robots I can go through. I can play the game normally, except I can't shoot arrows, because I'm actually underwater. If I go upwards enough I reach the surface of the water and pop out.

Yeah, there's a youtube channel where Moosashi does a lot of out of the map exploration and unintended stuff that's fun to watch now and then. He's got a series with Traveler-san which is his alt account where he only plays the traveler at low level who made it to Inazuma at AR 7 by walking along the bottom of the ocean, which is a challenge due to all of the lightning and well, being on the floor of the ocean. Here's a recent one where he covered getting to the underwater waypoint before lowering the water and just getting under the map in general.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD-egDTAPBY

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

My alt account got the Sumeru archon questline unlocked finally. I had it to the end of Liuye before Sumeru went in, but unlocking the archon quest requires doing the Inazuma archon questline and then the Chasm stuff with Dain that counts as Chapter II Part IV of the archon quest chain. Sumeru is Chapter III. Inazuma isn't super long if you only do the archon quest and required story quests and ignore everything else and spam spacebar through all the talking.

Since it's only four weeks old, this account doesn't have many characters so I've been using Diluc as my carry and picked up ZL when the banner came out. Due to getting a lot of primos with quests I'm 26 pulls from pity on the Tighnari banner but I might stop rolling on it since Collei is at C4 already and how many dendro characters do I need? The Traveler is my only Anemo unit on that account and it just hit AR44. I'm going to have an issue when I get to the next world level since I've been ignoring artifact domains to hold out until 45, so I'll have to run a lot then. Zhongli definitely makes things easier when you're a little underpowered, I opened both the Signora fight and Azhdaha over the weekend and didn't have much trouble repeating them as weekly.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

The second time I did the archon quest, it only took a little over an hour. Spacebar got a workout.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eimi posted:

Shameful coward who has never watched the Endless Eight.

God damnit, I'll never get those hours back.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hellioning posted:

On one hand, no, I did not do all of that, so that's fair.

On the other hand I didn't need to do all of that for Mondstadt or Liyue so that still seems weird as hell.

I think Inazuma suffered for having things implemented through multiple versions. Hitting it all at once when I started playing this year, there were different systems to do puzzles on different islands, multiple islands hostile to the player that needed to be unlocked and solved, and Enkanomiya has a whole pile of even more puzzles and unlock mechanics and plays like its own nation. I mean, the Chasm is a bit like that too, but there's nothing in Enkanomiya required for the archon quest line to unlock Sumeru stuff unlike the Chasm. Enkanomiya, Seirai Island, Tsurumi Island, and large portions of Kannazuka and Yashiori Island are basically optional. Also, Enkanomiya feels really bleak and weird so it was kind of a sharp contrast to a lot of stuff in the game. I also was just hitting a high world level when I got there so it was kind of brutal with long fights against enemies with tons of HP like multiple ruin guards, bathysmal vishaps, and lawachurls. Those are hard when you're new and you've spent your resin on leveling up characters and weapons and your artifacts are kind of just whatever you could get and your character talents are maybe 5-6 for most of them.

Right now it's worth blazing through the archon quests and the required story quests to get to the event stuff in Sumeru for a free Collei and primos, but Inazuma world quests send you to most of those islands eventually and there's just hours and hours of stuff to explore. You're at the end game at AR55+ (turns out they made adventure experience required to get from 55 to 60 way higher amounts than previous AR levels), with no quests in your log and no story quests undone. The hangouts are optional but some story quests unlock stuff like a world boss in Liuye (Zhongli's quests) and Inazuma (Raiden's quests). You'll get so many story keys you'll unlock them all in a few months. After that it's mostly working on powering up characters and doing daily stuff in between releases. You can also work on hitting 100% in every area but it's a challenge.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

It was funny when I realized you could put Paimon as a companion in the house in your teapot and there's a bunch of stuff to talk about with her.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Well that was lucky, time to save primogems for future banners where I'll get more Qiqi and Keqing constellations.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

FractalSandwich posted:

I actually didn't know 4-stars had a soft pity at 9 until I saw this post, cross-referenced it with my own history of getting 4-stars at 9 more often than 10, and looked into it further. For some reason I thought they were hard pity only. Worth mentioning explicitly in the OP?

It's in the OP, but there's a lot of words. I think it's a good psychological trick because every 10 pull gets you one 4* at minimum and the Starglitter to go with it which is often spent on some more intertwined fates.

quote:

These bad luck protection systems are also in place for 4*s with a hard pity at 10 rolls for all banners. However, there is no way to guarantee a specific on banner 4*.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Elentor posted:

I got Ganyu and I went from doing no damage to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f5s0UFq1Dk

My gf was watching and laughed at the phase skipping, blessed lol.

And yeah I picked the brother because I'm not into the cutesy stuff, which yeah it makes the game harder for me to swallow, but the game is so good that it overrides that.

Nice! One trick I learned (like, over a month into playing the game) is that if you want to use the elemental burst (Q ability) from another team member right away, you can hold alt when you hit the number for them. It will switch to that character and use their burst right away. Early in the game it's not that critical to be switching up team members all the time, but later on it's the way to setup good elemental combos and buffs and stuff, so that was a handy thing to learn. I'm sure they covered it in the intro somewhere but I made an account like 6 months before I actually got into the game because of some amazon prime giveaway codes or something so I probably forgot it in the meantime.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

They updated the daily check-in page today with a running set of extra 7 days of bonuses, the ability to make up for a missed day (by earning a coupon to do so by clicking on some of the hoyolab links), and a link to a 10 day "Gifts of Encounter" where you enter daily for a chance to win a welkin moon. According to the details 10% of the entrants get a welkin moon and the rest get 100k mora at the end.

Okay the link I had didn't work without the huge amount of stuff after the ? in the URL, but just go to the daily check-in page.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

FractalSandwich posted:

Now that I'm at World Level 7, if I never bother grinding out everyone's A6, is the game just going to warn me that the entire world is "highly dangerous" forever?

Yes!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I got Collei C6 on my alt account and she can do a little more damage! That account is only like 5-6 weeks old though so I'm behind on everything but lucky on pulls (got both Jean and Venti which I don't have on my main account). Neither account has Bennet. Pretty sure he doesn't exist.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Stare-Out posted:

There wasn't one.

For me it was a tiny circle to the left of where you click to read the text.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I fought the Aeonblight drake last night just to see how it was, and I forgot to switch to a team with an archer because I was tired. I assumed it was going to be some kind of scaled up ruin drake. It took a long time. I didn't know I could have just used the Harpastum toy to hit its weak spots. Now I do thanks to this Moosashi video. Not much to spoil here, it's a boss version of drakes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CcRKLXXQjk

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

MoonCrab posted:

Does anything in the mondstadt thing require stuff like daily logins?

I don't really have too much free time at the moment and I've had to wind genshin down to dailies and resin at the moment. But I'd skip the resin if there's some time gated stuff.

It doesn't seem like it, but it's still unlocking stuff day by day and the fourth thing to do isn't available yet. It may be a lot to do all at once if you do it later but there's a couple of weeks (ends on the 17th).

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

How many hundreds of years old does the traveler have to be to have a drink?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

RareAcumen posted:

I don't get why it got deleted

That memories thing had some bugs. It told me I just pulled Kokomi as my most recent new character, but that also Kokomi had been in 1200 domains or something as my most used character, which is not true.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Link from the share button on the new web event with Nilou:
The web event for Genshin Impact's new character: Nilou is now available! https://hoyo.link/1fvGBBAd

You get 40 primos and a handful of mora, enhancement ore, and some gems.

The daily login event from a week ago also did a drawing for 10% of the entrants to get the welkin blessing and everyone else got 100k mora so check in on that, too. I got mora, but that's okay, I needed some.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I just got Venti and I think I will stop rolling until the Nahida banner. I was at about 75 pity and I feel like going for the archons isn't a bad idea for someone who started playing recently, even if Venti isn't cool anymore. I hope they do another Raiden banner sometime.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Eimi posted:

It's a neat idea but my roster is still incredibly shallow and I don't think they could've made all the menu work necessary less fun if they tried to make it awful.

Same, I'm just getting my 1000-1600 and calling it good unless I somehow have extra time to revisit. My roster isn't bad but I've only been playing since April and there's just not enough resin to go around with 36 characters or whatever.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Hellioning posted:

I have played through some story quests and the final archon quest I have yet to complete and I would like to express that Itto is my friend, he is incredibly stupid, and I love him for it.

Not a fan of the actual writing in his quest (weird as all hell outside of Itto himself) but I could listen to him say stupid poo poo for hours.

I laughed at a ton of Itto lines and also "they threw beans at him" in the cinematics.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

I was hoping they'd let us mark like 50 more things on the map for sumeru. With fishing spots and ore nodes I ran out, although the latter is the main filler and I've deleted a few for new fishing spots.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Also if you're somehow playing without bennett DIluc can still easily access pyro swirls since he can use his burst or the first of his 3 skill charges, swap to an anemo unit, and swap back without losing all his buffs or ending his rotation

I don't think Bennett is real.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Since I have my main account at AR56 only missing Bennett as a 4*, and my second account which is way behind on completion because I can't be assed to go find everything twice at AR53 also with no Bennett (although missing a lot of 4*), I'm saving up my starglitter for when he hits the shop in... May? National team May 2023!

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Glazius posted:

May AND November.

Oh that's good, I'm saving primos for Nahida's banner so I'll likely have the starglitter for his November store entry.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

You have to average helping one sick girl per expansion. Bake-Danuki masquerading as girls don't count.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

165hz so I can get sick headshots on all the... hilichurls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Bennett isn't a myth, I got him on both accounts! No Nahida yet, but we're approaching soft pity now.