Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
i don't know what's happening but there are a lot of numbers
hyperbloom soup seems like it could be a fun team

those green numbers in the second pic are doing 20k damage when I have a level 1 naked collei so I'm gonna guess that's Kazuha causing blooms with his burst. (mine is only 760 em so with better artifacts those numbers will be even juicier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Happy Underpants posted:

That lvl 90 guy is an npc and not a rollable character right? Tears in the rain.

Yeah those are the new enemies. That's from the Sumeru artifact domain.

I really wish the game would add a training dummy somewhere so I could test out reactions and rotations and stuff and see damage numbers without having to murder a bunch of dudes in domains

Lobsterpillar posted:

Has anybody got a link to decent locations for Tig's ascension flower?

You can use the official Mihoyo interactive map, it should have the locations for all the new stuff.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Zenostein posted:

To be honest, if I was going to look at a signposted tunnel, it would've been where that one fatui guy died, not on the surface. Frankly, from just looking at the map you'd probably do like me and take the northern chasm teleport and walk around.

Also hell yeah, I got a keqing and now I have to actually level up this lion's roar and swear at the TF box for giving me crap artifacts. Nice!

You don't even need to go looking for it though
they put a whole new teleport waypoint on the map in chasm
if you head to the new chasm teleporter to unlock it you will just walk right into the entrance of the tunnel, since that's where the new teleporter is. It's impossible to miss it unless you just ignore that teleport entirely.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
3.1 stuff is already leaking on reddit

Cyno: video, kit
Nilou: video 1, video 2, kit
Candace: video 1, video 2, kit

Some notes about the kits:
  • Cyno's burst is Razor v3.0, he pulls out lightning claws and unleashes his inner furry. But unlike Razor he does all electro and no physical damage. His skill adds 4 seconds to his burst duration with a 3s cd so he can stay electro-infused permanently if he wants to. He adds a bunch of flat damage to his infused attacks based on his EM so he is probably being pushed for quicken teams. Also he has a QTE gimmick! If he uses his skill at the right time when that giant eye appears on screen it gets bonus damage and shoots some homing electro bolts.
  • Nilou's skill does a 3 hit combo and then based on the final hit either shoots a sword beam and infuses herself for 2 more water combos or creates a lingering water pool that can apply wet after she swaps out. Her passive hugely boosts bloom reactions, but only if the team is 100% hydro and dendro units, so no Anemo/Zhongli allowed.
  • Candace is not actually a shielder, instead she has a Beidou/Yun Jin style parry skill. Her burst gives the whole team a hydro infusion, so I expect to see some funny reverse vape teams. Only 9s duration and 20s cd though so it seems noticeably weaker than Chongyun's skill. Also just like Chong it only works for melees so sadly no hypercarry hydro damage NA builds for yelan.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
if she applies infinite wet like that her optimal comp will be hu tao + xiangling :v:

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

I should really just make some alts already. This is clearly something they like doing.

What so you can loot the alts' co-op worlds? Keep in mind that they have to be the same world level as your main account....
Just pester some goons until you find one who hasn't rolled the new character and doesn't mind. Or wait 3 days to level cyno up... 2 whole loads of mats should be more than enough.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Eimi posted:

Collei is a good support, though Dendro Traveler might actually be better, which is a first. Tighnari is...he's a single targeted focus Ganyu that doesn't provide anything supportive to the party. I don't have him but he has that one role and that's about it.

His only role is doing damage but there are a ton of other characters that fit that same description so it's pretty silly to write him off based on that.

The key to how good he is is: how much damage?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

Whats the similarity between dendro mc and tighnaris?

Edit: also the supports tighnari wants are mostly fischl or yae, then collei or dendro mc for dendro res/running the dendro shred artifact, and then a flex slot for a shielder, healer, or buffer. He doesnt get much of anything out of xq or xiangling, and bennets about as good as sucrose for him.

The dendro shred set works on anyone, not just dendro characters. You could put it on fish or bennett for example, if you really wanted to commit to only using them to in Tighnari's team. However having a second dendro does help out Fischl/Yae's damage since it means you can more easily get 100% uptime on quicken.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The important thing is that dendro MC's burst only reacts once, kinda like anemo MC's tornado's elemental absorption.

So as soon as it touches hydro or electro you're fine and it will never get popped.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
most people just level it up and don't think about it
it got way overdramatized in terms of how "bad" it is.
turns out it only really matters in like one team (Eula, who doesn't even use Bennett that frequently)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

I only think he needs one thing to be great, and that's to not be hard countered by tight spaces. Killing Eremites in tents is a nightmare.

Oh no, it's the Ningguang burst problem all over again

It's not just tight spaces, if an enemy is up close against a wall the homing projectiles will often try and circle around behind them and end up hitting the wall instead of the perfectly exposed juicy target right there. It can even happen in domains if you have enough knockback to push enemies off into the corner.

x1o posted:

What stats should I focus on for Dendro traveler? I mostly just blindly follow the spreadsheet but they don't have a dendro section yet for obvious reasons.

Depends on team comp. If you're doing a quicken team Dendro MC should have a healthy amount of EM alongside still having a dendro goblet & crit hat, since both the dendro and electro get to do EM-scaling reaction damage there. (And quicken reactions do benefit from crit and all that stuff, but not attack). In that case you can also do the new gilded dreams set.

In a bloom/hyperbloom/burgeon team bloomine's EM won't matter. IDK how good the damage scaling on DMC's talents are but you would probably just go for atk/dendro/crit or ER/dendro/crit artifacts with like... EoSF? Or if the damage is crap just go for Noblesse instead.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Aug 26, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

YoshiOfYellow posted:

There's something intensely satisfying about Tighnari's burst animation followed by a waterfall explosion of numbers.

My primogems are in danger...

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Heizou can certainly be built as a damage-focused punchman. You could also build up Lisa, she's not really as good but she has some new life comboing together with dendro chars for quicken reactions.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Does the character who procs the elemental reaction have to be the one holding the set? I would have put it on ZL in your comp (or another low damage character like kuki in other comps).

Nothing to do with reactions.

deepwood memories set posted:

After Elemental Skills or Bursts hit opponents, the targets' Dendro RES will be decreased by 30% for 8s. This effect can be triggered even if the equipping character is not on the field.

This uses similar language to Milelith etc so it almost certianly only works from the wearer's skill/burst.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I think they added that feature for GAA specifically. They didn't have a habit of making long story domains with specific-element puzzles before that, at least not without forcing you to bring a specific character like in story quests.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

I have enough primos to force the 50-50 on Zhongli, but my instinct is telling me to let it go and keep saving until I have a better understanding of who else I might want and why. Especially since the all the one-time primo rewards from quests and statues and whatever else will presumably start drying up eventually?

Zhongli is like a top 5 character in the game alongside kazuha and bennett and idk who else.
But really you can just roll for characters you like instead of going for strength and you'll do just fine, there's nothing that really requires optimized teams besides 36-starring spiral abyss for an extra less-than-1-roll worth of primogems and even that you can brute force through by just grinding better artifacts.

So pick Zhongli if you think he's cool or being invincible and never dodging is fun, otherwise wait for someone you think is cooler.

Once you've hoovered up all the one-time primogem rewards in the universe, the rule of thumb is that you get about 60 rolls each patch cycle once you add up all the dailies, events, new content with one-time rewards, etc. So it'll take about 1.5 patches to save up for another 50/50, or 3 patches to save up to get a character guaranteed.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 31, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I figured the grinding-friendship-xp thing was just a vague excuse to pull different characters out of storage and play with a variety of teams/characters instead of instagibbing everything in the overworld with your abyss team.

Personally I like running around with my abyss squads all the time so I don't bother with it.

Excelzior posted:

you can convert old billets, if you have any in excess, to new ones with Dream Solvent

It's really weird to me that they added a separate billet item if they were just gonna let you convert them anyways.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
The teapot generates 5 friendship exp per hour and it takes 29,100 exp to hit level 10, so if you fill your teapot with 8x level-1 characters and never play them it will take ~243 days to get them all to friendship level 10.
In the past 243 days (since January 1st) there have actually only been 7 characters released, so it should be possible to keep up with only the teapot.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I assume the new dendro artifacts would be decent on traveler and collei? Just wanted to check before i start grinding that domain

New dendro artifacts are good if you are doing a dendro+electro quicken team. Not at all useful if you do bloom or bloom-related stuff like dendro+hydro+electro.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Collei's E is so sluggish and unreliable in the path it takes, and her Q has bad ICD for reasons. But the biggest shame is how cool her NA animation is.

what's the icd like on the aoe pulses after you catch the boomerang?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Endorph posted:

and artifact sets like viridescent venerer and deepwood memories still trigger their res shred even if the character with them equipped is off field.

Wrong!
Artifact sets do not work from off field unless they specifically say they do (like Millelith or Gilded Dreams). So if Fischl wears a thundering fury set she won't get the cooldown reduction from reactions while she's not on field, and if Sucrose throws her burst but then swaps out before it swirls any elements she won't apply the VV debuff, even if you throw loads of elements into it later.

Weapon passives do work from off field though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Kazuha's tornado does trigger his A4 passive from off field which will still give you a pretty meaty damage buff and make your damage numbers a lot higher even without VV.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Rolled for Zhongli on the thread’s overwhelming recommendation but completely forgot the 50/50 mechanic existed!

So I can now say my first 5* character is Jean. She seems cool! Any tips on using her? Her skill letting her pick people up and fire them off cliffs is hilarious.

If you hold her E you can aim straight up and throw enemies high enough to take fall damage even on flat ground! Fall damage is proportional to max hp though so if you're tossing around little low hp hilichurls it won't hurt very much.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

Is Sayu really good at breaking Abyss Mage shields? It seemed like it when I was using her some yesterday. I would just keep rolling on them and their shields dissolved super fast. It may have helped that it was triggering Raiden's thing at the same time.

If you're a new player who is still <AR35 or so, Jean is great (she's also really good/useful after that, but is just exceptionally fun when you're mostly just relying on doing regular attacks to people).

Her skill is fun, she has a powerful heal, and her "auto-attacks heal" ability can be very handy early on (or at least it was for me).

Sayu is good if you infuse her roll with whatever element the shield is weak to. Pure anemo on its own does quite low damage to shields though, on par with just whacking them with a claymore.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Ytlaya posted:

In this case I think she was infused with Electro, but there were two separate mages with different element shields and they both went down really fast (one was Pyro and I forget what the other was, I think either Hydro or Electro). It seemed to be largely a function of how fast they were being hit, since they went down in the form of a lot of fast small decreases.

I was thinking of various weird/goofy options for characters to be involved in collabs, and then realized that Aloy from the Horizon games is probably at least as weird as most of the stuff I would have come up with.

Maybe we'll get Joel from The Last of Us as a Genshin character

Ah, if you're hitting multiple elemental shields at once anemo chars like Sayu are great for that. You can trigger swirls for any element you hit, not just the one that's already infused. So if you get between a Pyro and Hydro mage and start spinning, each time you hit the hydro mage you'll trigger an aoe hydro swirl that does big damage to the pyro shield, and each time you hit the pyro mage you'll trigger an aoe pyro swirl that does...moderate damage to the hydro shield (seriously why don't hydro mage shields have any real weakness?)

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Maxwell Adams posted:

Alright, I've been trying to boost my hyperbloom damage, and I'm getting nowhere fast.

Dendro DMG% = does nothing. Hyperblooms deal dendro damage, but not like that.
Mona's Burst = does nothing. It must be calculated as more damage being caused by you, even thought the talent says it increases damage taken by the enemy.
4 piece TF = does nothing? I've recorded some footage, and I'm not seeing any change in damage output on hyperblooms, regardless of whether that character is on field or not.

Bonus damage % from goblets, Mona, geo resonance etc has never affected flat-damage reactions.
4TF should work, or just stacking more EM with 2pc Wanderer or 4pc Gilded.

Keep in mind that the reaction damage from sets like 4TF stacks additively with the damage increase from EM, so if you already have high EM it will in practice be much less than a 40% increase.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Sep 2, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Neither opinion is wrong, but fischl does a ton more off field damage and applies more electro. Even if it's a comp that is friendly to raiden's field hogging fischl is still often more damage. It's only very specific comps that raiden ends up better. Ofc if your characters have underbuilt ER in general raiden will always be better. And a lot of the time they're very close in damage so it's not like you're deprived building one and not the other.

The advantage of Raiden is that she can theoretically enable her teammates to go for different builds with less ER and as a result more damage. That could mean swapping an ER sands for an atk one, changing a Favonius weapon for one with crit instead, or it could mean swapping high-ER-substat artifacts for higher crit substat pieces. But that last option is only really there if you've been grinding your face into the artifact mines every day for 2 years and have a good selection of well rolled artifacts.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

Fischl is electro support battery. Raiden is electro sub-DPS battery. Supports are like really good in this game. You can never have enough supports.

There's no reason you can't use Ayato and Raiden it's just not ~optimal~ to have two sub-DPS who will overlap on field time. Raiden works best on a team of 3x supports like Raiden/Collei/Yelan/Zhongli or Raiden/Xiangling/Xingqiu/Bennett. Ayato and Raiden will have issues with shielded enemies because Raiden does no off-field electro to elemental shields. Since you have c6 Fischl, Ayato and Fischl should be BFFs forever. This is an absolute no-brainer Ayato attacks extremely fast and c6 Fischl has no cooldown on joint attacks which will then trigger electrocharged on every attack and proc Fischl's A4 every 0.5s in addition to Oz's attacks so you will see a lot going on at once.

Not sure what the distinction between support and sub-DPS is for you because Fischl's literal only two jobs are doing damage and generating energy.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Sanctum posted:

All I mean is how you use the character in rotations. What role are they filling? I've used Fischl as a main phys DPS with Chong/Bennett as supports. Like Ning or Heizou can easily be a main DPS or sub DPS depending on how you rotate them.

Main DPS (long rotation) - Spends most of the time on field dealing consistent dmg (e.g. Yanfei, Ayaka)
Sub DPS (medium rotation) - Has a 5-10s skill/burst window or series of moves they stay on field to do with longer downtimes (e.g. Raiden, Ayato)
Support (very short rotation) - On field as little as possible (e.g. Xiangling, Diona)

That's just my semantics. Point being your team wants 3-4 supports. (You can never have too many supports.) What a support is can be as relative. Some people run proto amber Yanfei as a healer/shielder instead of main DPS. :v:

I think it's a mistake to conflate "support" = "quickswap / off-field character" and "dps" = "on-field character" since while those roles have a lot of overlap they're far from absolute. For example Xiangling does the lion's share of the damage in the national team but spends less time standing around on field than even Bennett does. Or Sucrose or Kokomi drivers in taser teams vs Beidou as the off-field damage dealer.
But then Xiangling in a Ganyu Melt team is playing a supporting role instead of a DPS role even though she has the exact same playstyle and field time as the national team, so your priorities of e.g. who to focus on for artifact/talent upgrades first will change.

Kuki shinobu too: she's normally a support just used for heals + some electro application, but with dendro you can now build her as a damage dealer focusing on Quicken.

"Driver" or i guess "carry" makes a lot more sense for the role you're describing since "main dps" implies that they are the main source of damage-per-second.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Sep 3, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah Ei's whole thing was that she was the war god who spent 100% of her time practicing hitting stuff with swords/spears and was just completely useless at every other subject.
She let Makoto do everything and make all her decisions for her which is why she was such a godawful leader when she was suddenly running the country on her own.

Sanctum posted:

Maybe my Collei shouldn't have 83% crit rate if dendro bloom reactions can't crit? What does collei want, her skills seem to say ATK but dendro reactions say EM and more EM. Should I try removing hydro completly for aggravate reactions and focus on that if I want to keep crit rate on Collei? Right now I only get bloom/hyperbloom with electrocharged dendro soup.

What's the point of the deepwood dendro set? Unless I'm running two dendros I don't see a point in having dendro resist shred on anyone compared to the very useful EM buffs from gilded dreams 4-piece.

EM on Collei doesn't matter for bloom teams because 99% of the time the hydro(/pyro/electro) character will be the one triggering the final reaction.
Unless you're doing collei+xingqiu+yelan or something with tons o' hydro.

The deepwood set reducing dendro res works well for bloom teams because, counterintuitively, hyperbloom/burgeon still do dendro damage and not electro/pyro. So if you have a high EM Fischl/Yae triggering hyperblooms, the deepwood set on Collei or Dendro MC will shred resistance so those hyperblooms do more damage. For Collei herself you just want enough ER to spam her burst for elemental application and then some generic damage stats. Her stats won't influence the reactions so it's just to optimize the raw damage on her abilities. And it's pretty low priority compared to the rest of the team.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Thinking about the upcoming banner. So whats up with kokomi

Shes a healer that does a good job at applying hydro?

Yeah basically. Mihoyo had no clue what they were doing when designing her and so her ultimate and passives are both pretty much completely useless but hydro is so good and her E applies it continuously in a big AOE for such a long duration that she ended up being really good anyways.
You play kokomi just by pressing E and swapping out and enjoying infinite hp and an unlimited supply of freeze / electro-charge / bloom(?) reactions.

She doesn't apply hydro fast enough for vaporize teams though.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
ok her ultimate and 2/3rds of her passives are useless
(and the third passive is something fischl gets a better version of for free without even needing a passive for it)

she's still really strong though!

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

I remember a lot of people saying that her dash was clunky, which it was kind of up until the most recent patch, but a lot of people kind of overlooked her other perks like easy Cryo infusion, a really great charge attack with quick hits and a ton of range, a really high damage multi hit burst and her passive talents as well like the crafting one. Her skill also hits in a pretty large radius, has a decent refresh rate of 10 seconds and is an easy self-buff to go along with the easy cryo infusion. She's good enough on her own, but now they've also added Shenhe to make her potentially even more lethal. Her only real sort of drawback is she doesn't contribute anything for the rest of the roster aside from her crafting talent which is outside combat anyway.

I rolled for ayaka on a whim (and randomly got her off-pity) just because I thought the dash infusion thing seemed cool. And then I realized that 85% of her power is in her burst and didn't use her for a long time, besides dashing across lakes.

Now that I have Kazuha so her burst will reliably hit more than 1-2 targets she actually feels playable.

I still get the feeling that Ganyu is 10x better for overworld stuff though I didn't have her myself.

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Sep 7, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

No Wave posted:

Ayaka is an overworld queen now, not only does she have a fat skill and no downtime for doing stuff but she meshes exceptionally well with yelan and kazuha. Ganyu is roadblocked by shield mitachurls and getting staggered out of charge shots constantly is a complete drag, I own her C1R1 and don't use her.

This is all a question of personal preference ofc.

Ayaka's normal spam stuff always felt extremely anemic to me compared to my Ningguang but I'm sure part of that is just bad blizzard strayer domain luck.

Ning has been by go-to overworld character basically since the first Zhongli banner. (Even after rolling Itto.)

Although I've also been having fun running around with a kazuha soup team lately.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Qiqi's E skill might as well not exist, just spam attacks long enough to get the Q talisman from her A4 passive and then swap to the character who needs healing and hit it with them for a single-target heal that's ~8.5x as strong.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

FractalSandwich posted:

They always announce all the 5-stars for a patch ahead of time, right? So I can wait to see who'll be in 3.1 before I decide whether or not to commit to Kokomi?

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561655444426588161
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561656393752809473
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1561655193393307648

they haven't given an exact banner order yet but those 3 characters are all coming up soon

you can find a leaked future banner order here. that site compiles info from 'reliable' leakers so its banner order is probably right:

saveyourprimos posted:

Patch 3.1 - First Half
- Cyno (5✰) release (Electro Polearm, Short Male)
- Candace (4✰) release (Hydro Polearm, Tall Female)
Patch 3.1 - Second Half
- Nilou (5✰) release (Hydro Sword, Short Female)
Patch 3.2
- Kusanali (5✰) release (Dendro Catalyst, Female Child)
- Layla (4✰) release (Cryo Sword, Short Female)
Patch 3.3
- Scaramouche (5✰) release (Anemo Catalyst, Short Male)
- Faruzan (4✰) release (Anemo Bow, Short Female)
Patch 3.5
- Dehya (5✰) release (Pyro Claymore, Tall Female)

RPATDO_LAMD fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Sep 8, 2022

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

gandlethorpe posted:

Huh, how'd I miss that there was a new Cryo 4* coming soon? Also, lol, a 4th sword user. Should be interesting to see what their design philosophy will be with new Cryos when there isn't any direct synergy with Dendro.

well there's been absolutely no leaks of model/kit/etc
just some trustworthy leakers saying "i know a guy at mhy who knows a guy who says a cryo sword character named layla is gonna release in patch such-and-such"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

RareAcumen posted:

I have never memorized a single character's ICD or elemental application rate and I'm doing just fine focusing on crit and artifact sets.

you don't memorize icds and poo poo
you just gotta hit stuff and go "hm this character makes a lot of reactions", "hmm this other character makes relatively few reactions"

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Kale posted:

Really what is with people and having to read with this game. Is it just a super popular talking point basically.

The game's dialogue system is really bad, it displays one sentence at a time with constant unskippable delays (so you can't actually get immersed in reading the dialogue at your own pace, it's constant stop-and-go)
You notice it a lot with dialogue-based commission quests like the extreme cookery or o archon series in inazuma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
don't be silly
it's just paimon using her unlimited unkown god powers to shapeshift and mimic everyone's power while fooling the traveler into thinking she's actually their friends