Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is the game soft locking for anyone else in the domain area of the Silent Seeker of Knowledge quest?

You eventually get to a room with an interactable spot you can't interact with and no way out/nothing else to do. Unless i'm missing something.

edit: nm, just stupid genshin being genshin things

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Aug 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yawn, dropped about 350 artifacts into VV conversion and got zero "usable" pieces. Not even a feather or flower. I wish there was a better system for recrafting, but I am glad you don't have to farm the elemental sets anymore.

What other QoL changes in 3.0 are there aside from more artifact sets being craftable that I might be missing out on?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
any data on new artifact domains and worthwhileness yet?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
hm, first good artifact drop in like 3 months

Just need a char who wants HP sands on set to exist, or a gob/head emblem piece that don't blow for Yelan or drop. Although the atk is unfortunate for her

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The thing that makes the Raiden fight dogshit to me is the fact that you pretty much need to take an Electro character to it to avoid getting one-shot by the ult where you need to break the orb with an electro ability. It will 1-shot Zhong-Li with like 40 or 50k HP through a fresh shield. I've managed to break it without, but it's very inconsistent.

The jumping over ripples is actually a bit cool, but It still always feels a bit janky when they make avoidance phases in Genshin, something about character movement is universally off.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Yeah, I am choice overloaded for the next set of characters.

Still have about 150 wishes saved, on 30 or so pity with the next 5 guaranteed, no tighnari and c1 collei.

I don't have any of the chars that go good with them (no yae, fischl is only c2 rather than c6)

It's hard to build for the future in this game with a new character overload

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The Kokomi, Dendro Traveller, Rosaria, Kazuha team is pretty funny. Doesn't really work too well against one target, but shits out AoE damage and clears groups of smaller targets as fast as or faster than an Ayaka freeze team.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'd like to remind the thread that EM Kokomi, Dendro Traveler, Rosaria, Kazuha is a good team.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
.. did they really put another poo poo-rear end water elemental stage with birds that are impossible to hit with most characters in this abyss cycle?

They just released a bunch of new content with new enemies that have somewhat decent design after learning from 2 years of mistakes. Why would they add these pieces of poo poo to the rotation again?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Harrow posted:

It's kind of funny that Kuki Shinobu was designed to be the perfect hyperbloom activator before players knew hyperbloom existed, it just took until 3.0 for people to realize the only reason she wasn't good was because the reaction she was made to work with wasn't implemented yet.

Kinda like how every idiot Genshin content creator on the internet acted offended at how 'bad' Kokomi was when she was released, most insisting that she was worse than even Amber. Until the meta changed, new artifact sets came out, etc.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
The worst part about these new characters is always collecting ascension mats. I feel like if they tripled the amount on the map and quintupled the amount you needed, I wouldn't even mind. They feel WAY too scarce sometimes.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

nice

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mailer posted:

Cyno kind of perplexes me. Like on the one hand he's a straight up NA carry, like a fixed version of Xiao, and that seems like it'd be a strength with aggravate. On the other hand I feel like we won't know if he's strong or not until Nahida drops and welp. Also he has no nipples.

Just looking at both chars, if I had been leaked the design like 3 months ago without knowing anything about either, i'd guess Candace to be the 5 and Cyno the 4, since 4s tend to look more plain than 5s.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Mix. posted:

https://streamable.com/pf2kwk

Layla gameplay (though it doesnt show the star attacks since no enemies)

Which banner is this char on? 3.2?

Looking somewhat likely that I will chase a C2 for Nahida.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tsyni posted:

I have been playing since the beginning and I must be the only person that doesn't mind how artifacts are now. Some perfectly optimal pieces are hard to get, but I like that, because they aren't really necessary to make your character powerful.

The big problem with artifacts is that there is no way to slow guarantee you get something you want. The system would be infinitely better if you could sacrifice 5-10 copies of an exact set+piece combo to replace a stat (or add a 4th to a 3 starter) on a like piece, and or 10 generic pieces of a like set to undo the most recent roll. If you could for example sacrifice 10 Severed Fate Goblets to change a def into a crit rate% and another 10 to change a flat HP into EM, etc, at least you could build a piece you would use over the course of a month or two. With the way artifacts drop in this game, you'd still probably be looking to sac like 30 or so goblets and potentially hundreds of generic pieces to make as close to ONE "perfect" piece as you desire.

Why doesn't this exist?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
40 wish 50/50 win, 80 wish 50/50 loss 70 wish c1 40 wish c2.

There goes half a year of saving, but I'm glad I got the c2 before running out of gas completely.

Anyone have weapons and artifact tier lists yet?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Do we c6 Bennet yet in 2023?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I hope the answer is yes, because that exclamation mark drove me nuts after 2 minutes

Need ideas for teams that use Cyno, as it's been an entire patch and I haven't even incentivized scarab farming yet

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

MoonCrab posted:

So many unleveled units orz

Do people not like seeing numbers go up?

Why would I ever focus on leveling units when I can throw 6 weeks of resin directly into the shitter trying to get one usable artifact piece?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've been interrupted in being able to complete the archon quest because of other bullshit quests interfering with NPCs like 3 times now. Makes me wonder if this is a design choice, lazy programming, or both?

Why would you intentionally impose this kind of limitation on the player when MMOs 20 years old don't have the same problem?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Tree Reformat posted:

If I wasn't stuck with XQ and Barbara as my only hydros, I'd have probably had to learn Onfielder Nahida by now. Alas, I have had to learn XQ onfielder, which certainly feels strange but works enough I suppose.

We'll have had three Lantern Festivals by the end of 3.4, and Lisa will still be not dead from her "year left to live" terminal illness. Events and Story time have almost no relation to each other in this game.

Yet they make sure you've done X quest and Y character isn't busy with another quest before you can start events. It makes very little sense

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They really like putting rear end in a top hat floors in the abyss, like the Dendro Cube and the Drake on 12-3 this time around. At the end of the day it was a pretty easy 36, but those two floors specifically seemed like pretty P2W choices.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Oh yeah, forgot about that one. The have Kokomi or lose floor

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The game awards is a marketing event for whichever games pay the most money.

Presumably that sony thing in Japan was just a marketing event for playstation in general so they were a bit more unbiased with the ability to pick any playstation game they wanted and still sell consoles.

Yeah, I mean, during their mid-season shows they give out "awards" in bullshit categories that don't actually exist, like 'most anticipated game', often to games that almost no one even knows are in development to anticipate.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Standard FFXIV music tends to be extremely good, about on par with Genshin (wherein Genshin's music is easily the one unequivocally good thing it has going for it, when everything else is fundamentally flawed in some way), but where FFXIV would spring ahead in a close race is when they go all out on something like a major raid boss theme. The production values on those feels like the most effort put into any single game music soundtrack past and present.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Endorph posted:

but when can i purchase 70 scarabs

came to post this

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
40 wishes > 2 x new wind grill and 1 x wanderer 50/50 win, but another 85 or so pity

but the real luck

first feather drop ends up being goodish

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Coolness Averted posted:

Oh, I saw she used scarabs in the trial and just decided I was never gonna use her

Please tell me they didn't take away the 3 precious scarabs that I got from doing that trial already.

please.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Endorph posted:

shoutout to this tier list with tartag in the same tier as kazuha/nahida and klee in the same tier as fischl. youtubes grasp of the meta is incredible

The weirdest thing to me is Tartaglia in the SS tier.

XQ and Yelan are both units I would see there long before Childe. XL up there is a bit odd as well. I'd say this person is stuck on National comps from a year+ ago, but the XQ placing makes no sense if that were the case.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Manatee Cannon posted:

idk if you could only have 1 5*, kazuha's still prob the best one just because you can't replicate that vertical mobility with 4* characters. maybe some day

Probably the most meaningless point to make an argument for Kazuha being the top dog, tbh.

Nevermind the fact that he just kinda works with almost any team, look at his movement ability!

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Are they intentionally ruining banners by putting Xinyan on them, or.. ?

Wasn't she just on a banner? Stop, you assholes.

Also, put some new goddamn weapons on the battle pass for gently caress's sake.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DancingShade posted:

I was intending to save for Dehya (since I have a guaranteed 50/50 and everything) but after much reflection I think I'd rather wait for the hydro archon... next year. Or whenever they show up.

Hyperbloom is doing me well. Burgeon might also be okay but a sidegrade at best.

?

You mean like getting a high constellation for the hydro archon? Between now and whenever the next archon comes out is probably somewhere between 400 and 600 wishes worth of free or low-cost wishes. You don't have to pass on a character coming a month or so from now for one coming in 6-9 months.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

DancingShade posted:

More so I can get the gimmick weapon (of type TBD) after losing at least twice on whatever the weapon banner is. Those things are wish-eaters.

Fair enough.

Speaking of which, what is a good estimate of wishes per 5* overall? Like maybe 60-65? Even if you go to pity several times in a row, eventually you will early pull stuff. Is there a average 5* per 1000 wishes based off some large sample size of public data?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
That's a good banner for 4*s for newer accounts. Absolutely terrible one for anyone who has been playing for any amount of time longer than a year or so.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Forget about upcoming chars, lets talk about the things that matter

did they add more scarabs into the game with the new area this patch?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Hm, this weapon banner is almost tempting. I already have a homa, but multiple homas are good. How worth it is that yelan bow for a c0 yelan haver?

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
This game is very wake me when the next archon is available so I can pull C2+weapon right now zzzz

Also, how did those codes from the latest livestream expire in like 16 or so hours

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
They didn't really add anything new to the game this patch at all, did they? Aside from some quest lines.

This mid 3.0 cycle is extremely meh, if I manage to keep interest enough to do dailies/abyss/events for the next 5 or so months while nothing happens, might have my first c6 archon whenever the next one comes out as a welkin only guppy.

I really wish there was more to do in this game in terms of actual permanent high-level gameplay content. I also wish every BP wasn't the exact same.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I've got like 200 wishes and 69 pity w/ guaranteed 50/50 win on the event banner. Getting the ice aunty is an option I guess, since I have Ayaka at 90. Otherwise I think i'm looking at a c2 water archon + her weapon in like 6 months and a whole lot of nothing inbetween.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I have a c2 Nahida already. I wonder if I can make the 200ish wishes I have now and guarnateed 50/50 win in the next ~10 or so pulls work out to C2 Nilou (from not having the char), C2 Raiden (from c0), and C2 hydro archon if I focus on those 3 things. I'd have to win 7 50/50s between now and the next 6 months or so.