Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I think there's no problem with Alhaitham being a carry, just in opposite directions from Tighnari (and maybe stronger, being a limited unit) like having better AOE or being a hypercarry instead of quickswap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

quote:

New Liyue Daily Commission:

Follow-up content of "The Sparrow Studies the Blade" - "The Day the Sword Departs" series and follow-up content of "Where Is the Unseen Razor?"

:aaaaa:

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
The current card event does let you view the card traits, maybe it still uses/used the old values so they thought it smart to include in patch notes?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Turns out even a modest goal like C2 Faruzan can ruthlessly cost you several (lucky) pities. Alhaitham and Baizhu are going to be total crapshoots.

I'll have to go back and count my Gorou constellations for later.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
My only complaint about Wanderer so far is I never realized he had those little blue highlights on the back of his head until now and they are surprisingly distracting.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Do not use Wanderer to farm his own artifacts without a shield, is a piece of advice I can give.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah, if you're just using her as a body to hold VV she does have wider value than Gorou, because Petra is annoying to use. The second you pull Sucrose you should be kicking Faruzan to the curb though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1601068389287575553?t=L_Ve4mVvvNy9kqrPnX98VA&s=19

Aww yeah the drip is hitting, literally. This man barely has a drop of rear end but he's just putting it out there.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I expect most of the remaining Harbingers will probably have one soft edge for people on the fence, but we've still seen enough of real turds like Dottore and Arlecchino that they can maintain appeal from their worst selves.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Not sure what I expected of him, but even with the minor complaints I may have about Tig, Alhaitham's solutions don't feel compelling enough yet. Maybe if I had Yae, or there were cool new electro supports on the horizon he'd seem more appealing? I guess it's also hard to tell whether Kaveh would appear as a support for him/dendro in general and improve my impression.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They offer a set of lv80 characters that have enough synergy to play to the stage gimmicks and easily clear the event, though you can also complete optional dungeon rooms for more buffs.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
After Lantern Rite 2 I would have a hard time feeling bad if Keqing never got featured again. It would be nice if they did something for Qiqi but at this point she might just be a hanger-on for whatever they do with Baizhu.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Still salty about how plentiful and easy to collect those stupid fruits are vs a majority of other specialties, and they haven't even made a second character to use them.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
His own artifact domain is not particularly kind to letting him float either. Grounded hydroshrooms have incredibly annoying attacks to deal with if you're not getting them deleted ASAP or using a shield. He's got decent enough synergy with low demand shielders like Thoma/Layla that I don't find that limitation to be terrible though.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Still praying I'll ever get a Skyward Blade.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Mihoyo made the fake guys in a boardroom to cultivate this response, it's too late to stop.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Patience for Baizhu should be rewarded by also including a new 4* on his banner. Though seeing him next to Nilou has me willing to settle for him just being strong & flexible enough to do well outside of her teams.

Kaveh is just distilled suffering.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Eh, I think you see the affection between Kaeya and Diluc in Hidden Strife. The dividing line should just be between whether you read that as familial or well, more lol.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
otoh they made Sumeru exploration mechanics that work better with electro. Dunno if pyro is ever particularly useful despite it affecting stuff, though there are torch puzzles here and there anyway.

Collei is a great character for Sumeru overworld since she can do both the bow-required puzzles and dendro puzzles/traversal.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I feel like way back when there was a melt Bennett team with Chongyun that would basically play like Diluc and use his skill to get melts.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Yeah I was thinking of the on-field Bennett one that used the cryo field to set up melts, rinse and repeat.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Tae posted:

5 star weapons are not a better percentage gain over just another character you don't have unless you have *all* the characters, and even then most people have as good 4-star weapons or just Fav it up

I would take a 5* weapon over Klee.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

MoonCrab posted:

Kinda regretting not trying harder for Scara every time I start a domain and have to run to the middle of the room like a chump. Hopefully Yelan can assuage this somewhat. Must be nice...

She can try, but you really can't beat air dashing with the fallback of anemo resonance + Lost Prayer + bunny hopping. The boy moves.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I'm assuming Layla needs to be decently built because trying to drag her around without 100% burst uptime doesn't give you reliable cryo infusion at all.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Wouldn't they just treat him like Mona and basically give two outfits to non-CN players? Unless there's something about how they implement a playable character that would mean he can't just use the existing design.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
We will surely understand Candace in Fontaine, maybe.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Ok now you're just posting stupid gossip about games this thread isn't even about.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
You're also not obligated to post the inane complaints people have about games on other sites, so what? Just add me to the chorus of people who find your posting habit insufferable and move on with your justifications I guess.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
To be clear I don't think some Honkai posting about playing it or the game mechanics or story is like a crime against this thread, and I do just scroll past it. ZZZ and SR can take this immunity too. I know there was some recent stuff showing off like a new HI trio character that seemed fine despite getting pulled into this drama by the end. It's just taking the already tiresome drama posting that happens about Genshin and also applying it to a game that isn't even the main thread topic is like a second order of magnitude to bad posting.

Anyway for some on topic content, that leak roster that dropped now being clarified to likely include characters from Mondstadt as part of a Mondstadt expansion is probably what has me most excited. Even if Varka is still but a dream...

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I couldn't use Tighnari for more than a patch cycle, CA archers just seem to go stale quickly. Ganyu seems more appealing for her burst than anything at this point, but rolling a burst slave feels gross.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I don't find Raiden enjoyable to play, and aside from her newest use case of hyperbloom trigger (which dumpsters a lot of her design), she seems to have risen so high in estimation off of being a top International carry. So I get why she's hyped but also don't feel like it should be that compelling when she slots into stuff as a marginal Kuki upgrade or the driver for a boring shell we've had since launch.

Take with the grain of salt that I'm perfectly happy slapping things in Abyss with a worse team like Itto pure geo and not needing 36* to feel fulfilled about it.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

ninjoatse.cx posted:

A well built Raiden slots into any team where there's a gap in cooldowns. In addition to being a top tier burst DPS, she'll make sure everyones' bursts are charged when she's done. her biggest drawback is she's electro, which was a bigger liability before dendro.

You can do whatever you want with the team building, but her use in the International shell is why she got the shining reputation to start. Electro is still a liability at times and she may not be bringing the best value to your slot anyway. :shrug:

I do see her more as a build-around like No Wave, exceptions to this being the dendro teams or a physical (Eula) enabler.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
drat, they ruined Mika?

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Incoherence posted:

Ironically, Mika isn't as good as a Razor support because it doesn't sound like he has any off-field cryo application: you'd have to run him as one half of a double cryo.

Yeah, I think I'd be a bit more into him if the phys support seemed a bit more generic. Don't think I can safely roll him either way, so I won't be able to test Scara/Faru/Thoma/Mika anytime soon.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Love the boys' night vibe, though this kind of makes me want to roll Kaveh more.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Mordiceius posted:

Protip - if you're here to collect beautiful waifus/husbandos, then doomposting is pointless. This is the path of zen.

Doomposting is a natural consequence of this, because people want the characters they like to be good, or at least not feel like a chore or arbitrarily worse than what they already have. Not even getting into how a character can have an entirely different role or playstyle than someone's preference.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

sushibandit posted:

That's more or less true because GI is a very easy game, but it can also be argued that if a character is "bad" by way of a poorly designed or lovely-performing kit, they do not feel fun to play, therefore you're effectively being punished for pulling them because you liked their design or characterization - it doesn't really matter how awesome a character looks if they're not fun to play.

Likewise it's possible for a garbage character (in terms of design and personailty) to have really fun gameplay and a strong kit and therefore be worth pulling and playing even if you actively dislike them. See wanderer.

Yes, idk why it always has to devolve into being obtuse about there being some level to which the (ease of) gameplay aspect of the character affects enjoyment for plenty of people. Maybe positioning this as a defense of a concept ("doomposting") that reddit has run well past a sane limit is the problem.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Mailer posted:

This. Given the strength of both teams with a Nahida carry I can't think of a case (aside from missing characters for it) where I'd want her sitting in the back. Her spreads and TKP hit pretty hard as is and then you see Hyperbloom pop up and everything dies. I'd hoped there was some interesting interaction with Al that gave him a place but if he's dendro application+damage I've already got the archon of that.

But you don't have two archons of that, and thus the use case for Alhaitham is born!

Yeah it's not that exciting, I guess.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
I've run out of the 3* ores sometimes even with leveling event weapons during their release. Part of it is having 5* weapons and being lazy to convert my ore, but I've got duplicates of weapons raised/worth raising and the idea of lots of different weapons having potential use means there's always something I could work on....if I farmed the accession materials anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Instead of making Abyss more annoying, you could just rotate the teams you use?