Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Make every single poster in the AEW thread a thread IK of the AEW thread and everything will be fine thanks to mutually assured sixer destruction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Oh not the lists of names again

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

History Comes Inside! posted:

You can’t play the “I’m new to wrestling what even is this” card at the same time as the “here is my unpopular opinion full of insider terms” card because it makes you look like a disingenuous fuckwit.

What insider terms did they use?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

That DICK! posted:

gently caress the mods. they are losers.

:smith:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Evil Badman posted:

Sticky the Pet thread for Petsember.

Oh yeah of course. done.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

stab posted:

New rule: anyone saying PPV instead of Pape gets a sixer

nah

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

HulkaMatt posted:

One thing I'm sure everyone in PSP wants is for one of the new mods to go back in my history, find my old Giant Baba avatar, and switch my Takada av to Baba again. Many, many people are saying this. Posters on all sides.

e: suddenly having a crisis and unsure if i ever had this avatar here

Uh

So these ^ are the ones I could find publicly and then also there's

There might've been a couple more where the edits were subtle enough that I thought they were duplicates or something idk.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Ya'll stop fighting in here.

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Dave is permabanned poster scoopstomper58.

No such poster exists.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Edward Mass posted:

Are we any closer to Dynamite/Rampage thread tags?

Hmm...

Edward Mass posted:

I still firmly believe we could use individual thread tags for Dynamite and Rampage. It would make it much easier to go back and look at old GDTs.

JOHN CENA posted:

I'll knock these out tonight.

*crickets* :shrug:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

This is now live! (next to the piggy on the tag list, at least on my screen)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Bad mod, never changed my username Malcolm Morphoplex.

I know this is probably a joke but just in case, only admins can actually do this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
the toxx thread is here in case you need it

I apologize for there not being an applebees thread.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Rarity posted:

EMF post your busted tiddy

Whatever this is, please, no. Especially not ITT.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

JOHN CENA posted:

wheres junpei hyde she has posted here less than 5 times in the last 6 months

Probably busy :shrug:, do you feel like the forum is undermoderated as a result?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Sorry, didn't mean to seem dismissive if that's how it came off, I do think that asking if this is causing a tangible issue has some validity but I will admit I was primarily doing so in jest. Regardless the actual decision is primarily an admin one and, well:

JOHN CENA posted:

i talked to hand knit uh let this one go.

As for this

NienNunb posted:

They should make me the IK of the Gen Thread so I can prevent any more flagrant anti-film rhetoric from further poisoning our found family.

I can't remember the last time I saw a report come out of the chat thread so it seems like it's pretty chill in there, but now that thread-specific IKs can be added by any admins instead of just Jeff/Astral this should be relatively painless to actually implement assuming the chat thread doesn't have significant objections. In general perhaps even a rotating comedy IK would be welcomed there just to spice things up? I dunno, just spitballing here.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
:siren: MOD CHALLENGE :siren:

Make a drawing(digital, physical, whatever medium), must feature a literal sea lion, must be obviously wrestling-related.

Best drawing as judged by me gets to be IK for 2 weeks, best drawing as judged by the community (if there is a strong consensus) gets to be IK for 1 week.

Submit by the end of Sunday March 5th (I'm in EST but if you submit something good and call a technicality based on hawaii/alaska timezone or whatever, I'll allow it)

Actually, this is a dumb way to do this, let me make an actual thread. click here for the thread

Brut fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Mar 1, 2023

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

what’s the cut off date

Great question! edited in to the post

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

"I don't understand an established term for lovely discourse, so I'm going to dismiss what's going on and make it into a joke thread about it instead."

gently caress this dead gay subforum. poo poo like this is why I unbookmarked all my PSP threads.

I really didn't mean to dismiss the legitimate discussion happening ITT at all, if it came off that way I sincerely apologize, I just figured we could have a fun art contest and have a real discussion about the forum culture. I don't personally have much to actually contribute to the discussion as this is mostly about the wrestling threads and I do not watch wrestling nor regularly read the threads about it, if anything the term sealioning is the one thing I'm actually familiar with out of everything else mentioned ITT (aew, wwe, rampage, tony khan, etc).

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Mekchu posted:

Go make a thread for your idiotic mod challenge then, rather than poo poo up the feedback thread?

You're right, which is why I edited this in within like a couple minutes.

Brut posted:

Actually, this is a dumb way to do this, let me make an actual thread. click here for the thread

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Don't do this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

That DICK! posted:

I get that enclosed pool area is a jokey forum where anyone can say any blatant untrue thing they want, but can the mods actually get off their fat asses and do something about people saying the big show isn't actually that big in this, the wrestling forum of record? the big show stands at 7'4 without shoes or anything and it seems loving absurd to me that the mods would A. not know this B. would not know that this constitutes a person being big. why do we even have mods if they're going to police jokes but not genuinely hosed up poo poo?

drat it you almost had me there for a moment

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Rarity posted:

Free QoP

You're right. I will free them in 36 minutes.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Stop, not here.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Orange Carlisle posted:

if the stories are true about why RacistGuidingLight was banned

What does this mean?

Anyway this is a 5 year old regular ban they could've paid :10bux: if they wanted to keep posting, like immediately, or at any point between then and now. I'm assuming they are either already back on a new account or have no interest in posting here, do you have some information pointing to the contrary?

If they are back on a new account, I'm not going to out them just because of this.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Chris James 2 posted:

My default is to assume all new accounts are re-regs of either perma’d or merely-probated-but-still-wanna-post accounts. Example: the two new permas in the last 12 hrs in the Leper’s Colony

Keep in mind that if you only look at the leper's colony you'll only see the reregs that are permabanned users, and not the ones who are not.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
What the gently caress. Welp it's just me and Karmic again, like old times.

CarlCX posted:

This is the other half of why I'm fine staying an IK. Becoming a mod is some kind of terrifying mummy curse.

Hell, you didn't even technically ever agree to become actual IK, you won a contest and I just never took it away cuz I saw you change a thread title or something at some point. Someone might just mod you in the same way one day :getin:.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

how do you even get banned from tinder?

I've heard of people getting banned unjustly due to mass-reports (from what I understand it doesn't take much, something like 3-5 unique reporters) but given this particular context I'm guessing that's not the case here, obviously it's always hard taking people's word for why they themselves got banned but I've seen it from the other side, in terms of people saying poo poo like "haha me and my friends reported so-and-so and they got banned", which is why I'm pretty confident that it does sometimes happen.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
It was closed by OP 4 times.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Ganso Bomb posted:

I didn’t even know there WAS a suplex thread!

It is barely 2 hours old and at least an hour of that has been closed

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

That DICK! posted:

whys this guy so mad about EPA?

There a reason you're quoting a post from April as if it was just made?

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
Please welcome your new IK, Erin M. Fiasco!

In celebration

Cavauro posted:

Free "Malcolm Excellent" from probation in time for AEW Rampage tonight at 10pm Eastern Standard Time.
Malcolm is now free, I hope their posts tonight are excellent!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Rename the sub "Matt Taven's Mat Tavern"

Why?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

no offense and I appreciate the effort but its starting to feel like we need an active mod for the wrestling side instead of the MMA mod trying to understand what the heck is going on in the wrestling threads

I agree, this is being worked on.

Gumball Gumption posted:

Yeah, I think it's coming from an earnest place but the new mod style of chiding people for their posts and insisting they post normal is not great. Either you think a post is worth a sixer and you give it or you don't and then you the mod :justpost: like a normal poster.

Selecting random posts to call out and give out posting advice to always just makes people cranky and kicks dreams back up after it stopped.

Well the thing is that I don't watch wrestling so I would have no reason to :justpost: in the wrestling threads, the posts that draw my attention are posts that have been reported, which speaks both to the selection and the timing, I try to check reports every day but not like every hour or something, so I'm gonna get to things late in those situations.

More generally speaking though, use 'your buttons before your words' is pretty much the opposite of the advice I mostly see kicked around when folks talk about modding. Because I'm less familiar with the threads I have less of an idea when it's a one-off and when it's a pattern of behavior, I try to give the benefit of the doubt and give people a chance before just starting to hit people with probes.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

IGgy IGsen posted:

I don't know poo poo about boxing but I read Hajime no Ippo. If I come in there and tell everyone about the fights in that, how popular will I be with the regulars?

Only one way to find out

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Suplex Liberace posted:

you cant just put us all in an octagon and not expect us to break out in fights constantly.

poo poo, my bad.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

Erin M. Fiasco posted:

I'll do it, should it replace the current subtitle?

I haven't done any thread title editing because I'm worried about overstepping :ohdear:

thread title changes are like the lowest stakes stuff, have no fear!

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

NienNunb posted:

This is the type of nonsense we need to be cracking down on. Please give me my star so I can take care of posts like this.

Okay

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!
:justpost:

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

edogawa rando posted:

:thunk:

Punch Sport Pagoda › [Feedback] What Do You Want Out of PSP?

it said TKO when Shard posted.

This thread probably needs rebooting at some point anyway but I'm gonna wait at least until it's not the holidays and my body temperature is back to 2 digits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

KungFu Grip posted:

why are we back to psp i thought there was a vote for a new name

Brut posted:

Vote for the new (temporary) subforum name in the poll above!

it was never gonna be forever. I had some thoughts about changing it to some of the other ones that got lots of votes every few weeks or so but kinda seemed like it wasn't worth the trouble since I have to bug admins about it every time.