Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

The good news is that you don't need to condition the beer separately, it will get lagered while sitting weeks in the Dover truck park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Bit surprised about that figure. What, presumably larger traders, are accounting for this overall increase if all the small ones like this brewery are seeing their exports obliterated?

Oil and gas prices have been high? There has to be more to it, but it's a factor in the last six months.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Truss is like a comic book villain enemy of Sanna Marin or Jacinda Ardern.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

All of these look more prime ministerial than Boris Johnson ever was.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

bump_fn posted:

it rules that they wont call an election for two more yeara. democracy lol

The third PM in row who haven't been elected to N:o 10 but chosen by Tories to replace the last guy who resigned in shame! The previous guy who became the PM by rising from opposition to win a general election was Tony loving Blair in 1997. That was 25 years ago.

How the hell is Britain this bad at letting the people choose their overlords??? Yes, monarchy, I know...

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Jedit posted:

I know we'd all like to forget David Cameron, but come on.

I knew it, but then I remembered Gordon Brown and got so angry.

So one time in 25 years!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

My fellow Britons, I am Liz Truss, your Prime Minister and I'm pleased to tell you today that I have signed a law that will outlaw EU forever. We will begin bombing in five minutes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

So we know that Andrew can't sweat. Does this also mean that he's unable to cry at his mom's funeral because tears are just eye sweat?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Gods 'ave the Queen.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Oh yeah I don't doubt that NI has a lot of people who are emotional about the queen.

Outpouring emotions, inpouring Guinness.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

What colour smoke signal do they send from Buckingham when she croaks?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

I love it how searching for 'King Charles' gives just information about cavaliers :smugdog:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I thought he was supposedly taking a different regnal name precisely because charles is a slightly... inauspicious name for a monarch.

Chuckie

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

If Charles has any smarts in him then he'll assume a name that instills feelings of nostalgy and continuity in subjects.

All hail HRH king Elizabeth III

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Has anyone checked if the queen is really dead or just hibernating?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

McFlurry Fan #1 posted:

Well it's good that something happened so that we can angrily ignore all the actual problems we have at the moment

You can socialize all of her possessions now!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Monaghan posted:

Do people have brain rot and somehow forgot that she was 96 years old? Not exactly a spring chicken.

Does The Holywood Reporter tell you anything? parody account

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

This can't be right, the previous one was numbered XCX

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

nobody tell J.K. Rowlings about trans stamps

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

How did he fit that through his sleeve? :psyduck:

Stripper's tear-away suit.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

NoneMoreNegative posted:

so much going on in one photo

I wasn't prepared for a new season of Little Britain

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Tesseraction posted:

Cream for the Queen

Jizz for Liz

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Presumably not self reflection?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

smellmycheese posted:

Centre Parcs are throwing people who’ve paid for a holiday out for the day as a mark of respect lol

https://twitter.com/CenterParcsUK/status/1569666674713923584

They should shut down all power plants as a mark of respect, that way everyone can sit in the dark and think of the queen like they should

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

darkwasthenight posted:

The robotic arm Quin is fine but Islam managed to perfect the art years ago: the Jamarat Bridge is designed for crowd flow of 500,000 people an hour with no robots or moving walkways involved.

Admittedly large numbers of people have traditionally died on that part of the Hajj, but these would be Monarchists so I don't really forsee any massive loss.

You got to include ritual stoning of the anti-semite Joremy Crobyn in the royal pilgrimage itinerary.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Scientastic posted:

I used to live in a tenement flat in Edinburgh, which we were too poor to heat, and my two cats were absolutely fine over winter, I wouldn’t worry about it too much.

When you say "too poor to heat", just to be clear I assume you mean "keeping temperature way down" rather than "turning everything off". Animals will be fine if the temperature is a few degrees lower, but if you let it go totally cold then moisture will come in and it's no fun for anyone.

It's a good excuse to get close together, anyway :3:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Scientastic posted:

No, we literally did not have heat or hot water, that was money we had to spend on food. The cats were fine, we spent a lot of time under duvets.

I wouldn’t recommend it, it wasn’t much fun, but it is doable, the four of us survived.

That's really :smith: and unfair. My understanding is that British homes are awfully isolated so it's understandable that just a little bit less heating won't do much.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

You can clearly see that he is dragging his feet on the ground as they take him away. Reportedly he also had 'blades' with him. A dangerous, hardened criminal!

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

lol

so what is the purpose of televising a funeral anyway, do people make bets on the coffin suddenly popping open and the corpse running away or what? :confused:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Red Oktober posted:

I'm not completely supportive of this one now - there's another video which shows right before where he dodges past a few police and through a barrier, and it is about 10 seconds before the convey passes through, so I do get why they did what they did.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1571769472251207680

I get the police reaction. However the audience reaction...

"Shoot him!"

:thunkher:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Answers Me posted:

Hmmm

https://twitter.com/redeyedsprite/status/1572618735797805058?s=46&t=ncw7GHB3c0vFqsrcs9fpCA

I’ve seen a few melty people say ‘oh he’s clearly got ADHD/is neurodivergent, give the guy a break’, but as someone with ADHD I’m going to stick with ‘he’s high as a kite’ until I hear otherwise…

This clip is really confusing, you only get a glimpse of him at the very end.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

keep punching joe posted:

Imagine Liz Truss' tenure as PM was shorter than Liz Truss' leadership campaign.

She's already served under as many regents as Duke of Wellington or Winston Churchill did, might as well rest on her laurels.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Kegluneq posted:

You should actually be keeping your fridge in noted coldest room in the house, your bedroom

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

peanut- posted:

Telegraph going full bore on the idea that actually Kwasi just didn't mini-budget hard enough

“Teacher,” they said, “we know that You are honest and seek favor from no one. Indeed, You are impartial and teach the way of the Chicago school of economics. Is it lawful to pay taxes to government or not? Should we pay them or not?”

But Supply Side Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a Bank of England note to inspect.” So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“The Queen's,” they answered, "the richest woman in the kingdom!"

Then Jesus told them, “Give to the rich what belongs to the rich, and to the plebs nothing."

And they marveled at Him.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Nonsense posted:

Please do not interact with faceas in any way. Thank you.

That's not an option for many as long as monarchs stay on pound notes.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

feedmegin posted:

Not sure if we've ever beheaded a Prime Minister per se. One did get shot.

Before there was modern office of prime minister, the lord high treasurer held the same role. At least Edward Seymour, the King's uncle, was beheaded. His brother shot the King's dog.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Somehow the lions are also clowns

Also all clowns are cannibals who want to get the audience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

One of the few commonalities between Hillary and Nicola is that people will just make poo poo up about what she said anyway. I heard she wants to turn all the women into men and all the men into frogs, that's what I heard

So you're saying Sturgeon is going to resurrect the Auld Alliance, then?