Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Good Power-ups:

the shoes in Sonic

Quad Damage in Quake

that giant mushroom in New Super Mario on the DS that makes you huge

Rocket Lawnchair from Metal Slug

Fuzzy from Yoshi's Island

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They've been developing this game for 17 years and it's still missing core features from the rest of the series, joke developer

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Vermain posted:

i just acquired the ultimate power-up (a 144hz monitor) and it is absurd how much of a loving peasant reality i was living in on 60hz, jesus christ

it's admittedly also hammering home that i need to knuckle up and buy a 1080 but so it goes

This is why I will never buy a 144hz, to my brain 60fps is already the height of gaming fluidity, why would I want to go and ruin my standards by making accessible a setting not every game has and requires even more computing power if it can?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Five years in and it really wouldn't hurt to update the position of 'not as powerful as the competition', like even if you don't care about graphical fidelity the frame issues and loading times are really starting to become glaring outside of first party games

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Metal Gear Rising: Revengenace is right there guys

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It certainly doesn't help that the author of the series has spent several years working to alienate a large part of her fanbase as much as possible

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

is breath of the wild a gta-like

No it's a Strand-like

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

This is just the phase tranisiton cutscene, the next Queen is the hard part

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Is YuGiOh the irl game a game where you *could* do a smug anime guy smirk and say 'how predictable, you've fallen perfectly into my trap'?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

"don't go to qcs to disagree with a decision" seems like a problem

He didn't get perma'd for disagreeing with a decision

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

no, but the thread right now is in a "investigate everyone who disagrees" mood which makes qcs unusable.

and i completely agree with blasting that thread/IK but that specific atmosphere nearly killed the forum two years ago.

Your takeaway from 'guy sticks neck out for people posting cp, is revealed to have also posted cp' is that QCS is just too darn nosy about peoples post histories?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and the way this is exploited is by expanding the definition to include whoever you don't like. "bigots" turns into anyone who thinks blowing up FYAD was an overreaction, and ive seen enough poo poo to know that it's entirely possible to expand the definition of pretty much anything this way.

i don't disagree at all that the thread should have been gassed and the worst actors banned at all. but when people start posting poo poo about how anyone who disagrees should be suspected, that's bad poo poo.

zuuuuuuuuh?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

In Twilight Zone protagonist-style voice: 'Yes, we're free of the paedophiles, but at what cost?'

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

To be fair. Some of the Kirby games I've played were really boring, to me

I could never get into Kirby games and it took me a while to realise it's because of the complete lack of momentum in the platforming, Kirby has a very low top speed and stops moving the second you stop inputting movement and no matter how much craft is put into those games I just can't get past how dull they feel to control

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Reading this is Raiden's voice

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

There's a point where something stops being a test of skill and starts being a test of patience. Tedium is not difficulty.

I remember reading the no aphere grid FFX guide expecting loads of really clever ability and status manipulations to make it through and then the Seymour Flux guide was like 'keep trying until you get good RNG and he doesn't wipe your party' and I realised these people are just masochists

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Wasn't the new FE a gacha anyway? It seemed like a gacha

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

hatty posted:

Random encounters are fine

I tried to play Suikoden 1 for the first time a few months ago and I threw in the towel about 8 hours in because there were just so many pointless autobattle encounters, and then I read that was before the encounter rate was considered to get bad later in the series. They can be fine in other games but Suikoden's were awful

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Last Celebration posted:

Also, no sarcasm, genuine question: do you think Burn/Terror doesn’t detract from the game? I don’t mean stuff like Headless Ape’s terror yell move that’s telegraphed or Corrupted Monk’s puking attack, but it’s kinda lame to fight the (grounded) Headless and have to periodically retreat because even if you do perfect deflect chains you’ll die if you don’t cure your Terror, or Demon of Hatred being an otherwise sick fight except, again, perfect deflect chains still mean burn buildup.

It's generally agrees the Headless suck for thoae reasons, but the reason DoH gets called a Dark Souls boss is because it's a fight best dealt with by dodging and ignoring the burn buildup altogether, which makes getting stance breaks basically impossible but is much much safer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

They're also making more Subnautica iirc, our own General Batutta is working on it I think