Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
The onion just posting current events these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Odds he had a Taurus?
Worse. Reported that he had a Bersa.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Marshal Prolapse posted:

That’s would be a loving yikes.

That’s like being a US President with all the security and whatnot and getting merked by someone with a Jennings or Bryco or Rohm lol.
John Hinkley's got you covered.

He used a Rohm RG-14

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Crab Dad posted:

lol not even hiding that poo poo hahaha oh those poor people.
The urge to roll past that at 3am and put some holes in it must be excruciating.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Platystemon posted:

https://twitter.com/chrisgeidner/status/1567523876451614720

This is incredibly stupid and evil even by contemporary standards.
JFC, what an absolutely idiotic country/timeline we live in.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Dude has like 10% the panache of the "This is democracy manifest" guy. What a let down.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Bored As gently caress posted:

Apparently the job of nuke couriers is a pretty lovely life - you get kickass training and weapons, but you're traveling more than 75% of the month, basically you're home 1 week a month if that.
That seems like a real lovely system for keeping up vigilance against a very low probability threat.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

not caring here posted:

Yeah, the trump plane has basically been up on blocks since he had air force one to threw ketchup all over. No maintenance done, an engine that needed a full rebuild or something to that effect. Wasn't air worthy no more.

Did a fund raiser a few months? ago to get it back up and running. Took the cash, plane is still in the the hangar. Trump gonna trump.
Hangar? Last time I saw it (like 2017-18) it was still just standing in the elements on a ramp at LaGuardia.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
6 hours is a small price to pay to have that rap sheet entry.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
Flu+booster crew checking in. Vax and boosters last year did nothing to me but make my arm sore. This year, the combo with flu gave me about 24 hours of dull body ache and brain fog. I appear to be better now (40 hours later).

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

SquirrelyPSU posted:

The Haslams are categorically awful. Good on the fan.
The Haslams should be pelted with bottles wherever they go. Not just in the stadium, mind. Anywhere.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I don't think that a man who publicly identifies as Jewish would get in bed with nazis. Granted, in this hell timeline anything awful seems possible, but there you have it.
Uh...Ben Shapiro? Laura Loomer?

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

welp, time to see if I can noclip into another reality. this one is bullshit.
If you figure out the cheat for that, let us know.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

there's so many steps of failure in accounting for those weapons involved before those even got to milsurp that it's mind boggling, even for the military, and also assuming the end buyers were never in the service because who amongst us would have M16s and also nobody would know we have them
Not a vet so maybe I have too much trust in the system, but I'd be a bit freaked out because I'd assume everything has receipts somewhere and some accountant will eventually catch up to it.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

You also have much greater faith in the system than anyone who has been in it.

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Hahahahahahaha.

Noooooooope.
Whelp, I learned some things today.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

With your username I can’t believe you didn’t know this!

What forum do you mod anyway? I don’t know how to figure that out on this new version of awful app.
TFR, the other forum that gets accused of being full of killers.

Maybe if follows that I get nervous around unlawful possession of things with serial numbers on them.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

kupachek posted:

I can't really think of anywhere in CONUS that doesn't face an extreme weather event that wouldn't invoke a "just move" response from people, and environmental factors will just get worse the more people you jam in and more ecological changes you force. Earthquakes, wildfires, tornados, hurricanes, flooding/flash floods severe drought, nowhere is really immune.
The Great Lakes. They're boring but they're safe, and their extreme weather events generally rack up single digit body counts.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

Can confirm. It's cold but the homes are built and insulated for it. Same with summer heat, and basements help. Grid is largely nuclear and hydroelectric so plenty of baseload as well

Deaths are usually from some dickhead in a pickup thinking he can drive 100km/h in 2 feet of snow.
Also, 65 year old dudes who aren't gunna pay for no plow service trying to shovel out their driveway for reasons having heart attacks.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Eason the Fifth posted:

But then you have to live in the great lakes region which, except for cedar point, is 4/10 at best
There is some personal calculus around that being a fate worse than death that one would have to solve.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In short: Arizona's cool! Just don't go to Phoenix.
Thats great and all unless you're a woman between the ages of 10 and 60. No people and natural beauty don't insulate you from a state's terrible policies. If it did, Utah would be a great place to live.

Defenestrategy posted:

If you want to preserve this beauty then fencing off Arizona from the vast majority of people is probably the best way to do this.
Really, whats needed is to fence midwestetners out. Corn fed chuds moving to nice places are the ones loving them up with their reactionary bullshit. Beto won among Texas born voters, etc.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Sep 30, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
NASCAR fans (and drivers) are also pissed that the new car they started using this year seems to be causing more concussions from collisions than the previous design.