Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

:lol: because they didn’t charge trump some chudge is going to throw a monkey wrench into things and gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah if she rules that way, there's no way it doesn't get instantly appealed and thrown out. She sounds like she is making it up on the fly.

the 11th circuit is likewise stacked with chudges.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

IPCRESS posted:

So empty folders, in the absence of a SCIF somewhere having an un-jacketed pile of papers, basically confirms that this stuff is in the hands of a hostile foreign power, doesn't it?

Or at another trump property or at kushner’s place or who knows where. It isn’t good, regardless of what the outcome is.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Is it safe to say this is the largest spillage of classified material ever?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Nah. Not even close.

I know of several GWOT era leaks that blow this outta the water, size wise.

Not even the first time HCS was hosed with by the chief executives.. ask Valerie Plame about that.

Flynn is a bigger security threat than Trump unless Trump gets re-elected.

I’m convinced Flynn has committed straight up treason. Like full blown. I have nothing concrete to show for this theory, but poo poo feels right.

Flynn took $300k from Erdogan to kidnap gulen and illegally extradite him to Turkey. Flynn plead guilty to lying to the FBI about this to keep his large adult son from being charged with crimes. When he started loving with his guilty plea, they should have brought charges against his son.

He’s also the person who primarily pushed Trump for martial law poo poo. You’re 100% right.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Hadn’t heard of them before. Thanks fella’s.

When lowtax first came back in 2018 or whenever he suggested we should be more like them making funny content. Something like half the moderation staff quit.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Here's the full horseshit order if you want to read it: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.64.0_2.pdf

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It enjoins criminal investigative use of the materials. They literally cannot prosecute based upon the materials now.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It isn't a delay without consequence. Six of the eleven judges on the 11th circuit were appointed by Trump and one by W. The odds of getting 2/3 non-chudge in the 11th is essentially nil, and they'll overrule anything en banc if that does happen. The question is whether the SCOTUS backs Trump, because the 11th is going to rubber stamp this poo poo. It is completely captured as well. See, for example, all of Florida's lovely laws that keep getting reinstated by them.

Mr. Nice! fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Sep 5, 2022

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

maffew buildings posted:

If social media has taught us anything it's that you're a lawyer so you have no idea what you're talking about hth

I definitely am not an expert, but I can do math. 11th Circuit judges like Lagoa that Trump put there are just as awful as Cannon. They have a 6/11 majority with a helping of a W chudge to boot. No way they overturn this order. Which means this comes down to whether or not one of Roberts or Gorsuch sides with Trump on this issue. We'll find out sometime next year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dance Officer posted:

You're in a race to the bottom, have been for years, and it's time to play catch up by gerrymandering the hell out of any state you can, in favour of the dems. So elect people who will do that.

The SCOTUS overturned all non-republican maps that have been drawn since 2020.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

brains posted:

what's next is a federal court ruling that requiring employers to provide safe working conditions is unconstitutional, followed almost certainly by the same ideology ruling the EPA illegal.

They already ruled that EPA can't use the clean air act to require limited levels of gasses in the air.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

DOJ's officially appealing the chudge's ruling on the Special Master:

- Executive Privilege review is bullshit (the appeal)
- Can't sever the National Security Risk Assessment like the chudge wants because the FBI is tied with DOJ's counterintel division and here's an FBI affidavit about it (requested stay on the 100 classified documents)
- Need to know what was in those empty folders so FBI needs to investigate (stay request)
- Go ahead and Special Master the unclassified poo poo, we really don't care

https://twitter.com/charlie_savage/status/1567965654090760201

Makes a lot of sense, so they'll probably lose

This isn't the appeal, yet. This is them asking Judge Cannon to voluntarily stay the part of her order they are going to appeal.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

orange juche posted:

28.8k is very nearly half of 56k, (28.8*2 is 57.6), it was not quite the absolute limit you could fit via trellis modulation, but it was drat close. They squeezed a bit more to make 33.6k bidirectional modems but they had to rework ISP/telco infrastructure entirely to hit 56k/33.6k to people's houses. Further refinement of V.90 resulted in V.92 which was the last telephone modem spec which allowed 56k/48k connections.

They were saying the difference between 9.6kbps and 56kbps is 33.6. That's not right, though, cause the halfway point between 9600 and 56000 is 32800.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also the 21 year anniversary of Seth McFarlane missing his flight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leave posted:

Why the gently caress is it called Marine Force one? Like what what do helicopters have to do with Marine stuff?

It's just Marine One not Marine Force One.

That just happens to be the name of any helo that the president is on. It's probably being flown by marines as well.

I think any ship he's on is technically Navy One while he is onboard, as well.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The current governor is trying to bury as much as possible to help her pals. She fired the prosecutor when he sought subpoenas from the state over the records.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

This is why republicans want to convert medicaid to block grants - so they can deny the money to anyone who need it and otherwise use it as the governor’s personal slush fund.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Leave posted:

How much trouble is Brett Favre in for his Mississippi bullshit?

Unless the feds step in - zero. The current governor has already fired a prosecutor for issuing subpoenas related to it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

He's a rich white athlete with good ol' boy ties in a corrupt, Southern (but I repeat myself) state, what does your heart telk you? It will be a surprise if he even has to give back the money he stole.

He didn't get any money. He funneled the money into a new volleyball stadium at his alma mater because his daughter played there.

He probably could have donated that money out of his own pocket and wouldn't have been too impacted.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ah, forgot about that. gently caress favre.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

facialimpediment posted:

5th Circuit to Social Media sites: UNBAN ME YOU COWARD

https://twitter.com/mmasnick/status/1570922679145992193?t=reH6dSmlZXQb5c5yiq7PvQ&s=19

It's basically just chudge nonsense, like how the presence of Nazis on twitter is a hypothetical not worth addressing. Also the First Amendment and Section 230 is now inverted in the covered states because of shadowbans and Donnie being banned off Twitter, basically.

I will note that the SCOTUS is likely to overturn this ruling. My thinking comes from their action earlier in this case.

The district court enjoined the law. The fifth circuit stayed that injunction pending appeal. The SCOTUS vacated the stay, so the injunction went back into place. The fifth then today overruled the district court, reversing the injunction. The SCOTUS will get the next action on this, and they have already overruled the fifth once in this case.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Platystemon posted:

I thought that judges really hated to be overturned.

Maybe these judges would benefit from some CBT.

Judges don't give a poo poo about getting overturned. One of my old bosses favorite stories was when he won on appeal, went back to the lower judge who ruled the exact same way as the first time stating that he was "giving them a second chance to get it right."

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

They may not always be right, but they’re never wrong. Judges don’t give a gently caress unless there is discipline or something coming there way, and even then they rarely care.

Federal judges are appointed for life. They don’t loving care about getting overturned.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I’m pretty sure max titers was a joke.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dance Officer posted:

I don't get it. Is this an amicus brief or something? How in the hell did this end up on the docket, even Trump's usual idiots aren't sovshits.

lots of crazy people file things to federal cases all the time.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

NY AG suing Trump and his three kids that work for him for $250m.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I will note that Pattis has not questioned Jones yet. He was whining that court is responsible for keeping his client in line, but the judge wasn’t having it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

CommieGIR posted:

Its all so terrible.

Like: Some basic googling or research would've told you how to make a uniform that likely would've slipped under the radar. No, he just award shotgun'ed a set of blues and though nobody would notice.

iirc he had on marine bloodstripe pants and some black steel toed boots.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Blind Rasputin posted:

pipe hitters.

I love that marcellus wallace saying he was going to get some crackheads that will do anything for a buck has been misinterpreted by white people so badly. I’m not faulting you personally, but wanted to point out the origins of the term. I laugh every time I see dumb poo poo like “pipe hitters union” because they’re calling themselves crackheads.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Also, that Gaetz won’t face charges article is a republican writer writing that republican former prosecutors are saying that he shouldn’t be charged. No one from the DoJ is talking to that jackass at the Washington Post. It’s the same guy who wrote about “DoJ leaks” that Cannon used as a basis for the special master.

I don’t believe gaetz will be charged, but that wapo article is hot garbage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

McNally posted:

Regular AF trousers but bloused into desert boots.

Thank you.