Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

sigher posted:

This is a loving awful, and terrible thing dude. You're probed so I'm just going to assume you'd say something along the lines of "Well they put all of that online," or something along the lines but like, weaponizing someone else's suffering, pain and openness about their personal lives is completely hosed.

the funniest thing about this (bolded part) is that it's also completely wrong

having been doxxed by kf (my largest crime: running a website, banning people who break rules), they absolutely do not just go after what you've supposedly posted online. they certainly try, and they'll dig through twenty-plus years of Content, but they will also dig into anything they can get their hands on. people i know who've gotten similar doxxing treatment will have a ton of stuff in their Kiwifarms Doxx Profile™ that is outright wrong or incorrect because they tried to scrape poo poo that isn't online, or will just blindly shoot for things that are close

the bolded part also just assumes that everything is online by our intent. as another example, i have a registered fcc callsign, because i'm a radio amateur enthusiast. that, by itself, puts my name and current address one google search away

basically i agree with the quoted poster in "this is hosed up and awful", but thanks for showing your true colors i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Haven't they been harassing a completely unrelated person named Shaun because the youtuber Shaun and him happened to share a first name and graduation date?

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

kiwi farms? more like dead farms, am i right?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Captain Yossarian posted:

Lol remember the goon that met their spouse on Kiwifarms? Can't remember anything other than that and the floor pizza

That was Clochette and The Saurus, and you're probably better off not remembering any more than you do.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Duder PM'd me and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just an extreme grass toucher who only posts on SA for the sports forum. I could see someone like that just not being plugged in enough to know what he was saying, and I don't like the idea of us turning on ourselves to try and purge out people who aren't left enough. Either he'll say some stupid poo poo again, or he'll never say stupid poo poo again, and both effectively achieve the same goal.

e: I just think a lot about how like 14 people from here got an article in Vice about how they're totally nazis, and it makes me feel gross and weird. That shouldn't have happened imo, but I don't want to start a troubles derail.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Thanks for outing yourself as a Kiwi Farmer, dumbass

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Zamujasa posted:

having been doxxed by kf (my largest crime: running a website, banning people who break rules), they absolutely do not just go after what you've supposedly posted online. they certainly try, and they'll dig through twenty-plus years of Content, but they will also dig into anything they can get their hands on. people i know who've gotten similar doxxing treatment will have a ton of stuff in their Kiwifarms Doxx Profile™ that is outright wrong or incorrect because they tried to scrape poo poo that isn't online, or will just blindly shoot for things that are close

the bolded part also just assumes that everything is online by our intent. as another example, i have a registered fcc callsign, because i'm a radio amateur enthusiast. that, by itself, puts my name and current address one google search away

basically i agree with the quoted poster in "this is hosed up and awful", but thanks for showing your true colors i guess

I like the cutting room floor, good job

what the gently caress is wrong with people

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Zamujasa posted:

Yo you run TCRF? That's really sick, I had no idea it was a successful goon project

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Holy moly TCRF, hell yeah

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

CaptainSarcastic posted:

That was Clochette and The Saurus, and you're probably better off not remembering any more than you do.

Lmao that's right

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Now my morbid curiosity is piqued.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

HereticMIND posted:

Behold! The true face of terror!

Yeah, I got nothing.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I like this in the same way I like the Union version of Dixie Land: I know it will piss off the worst people.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

TaurusTorus posted:

I like the cutting room floor, good job

what the gently caress is wrong with people

sometimes i say that homelessness is bad on twitter, i guess? i don't know, i didn't look at our thread too deeply. i'm pretty sure that the thread featuring a bunch of people in the preservation community was made/started by someone we banned, who has gone on to get banned over and over with new accounts, and who also got booted out of a handful of other game preservation communities for being a toxic poo poo. it's a shame they lack even a shred of self-reflection

that seems to be a theme with a handful of kiwifarmers -- people who got banned or blocked or ignored, and rather than contemplate the why, they get mad and treat it (doxxing/harassment) as getting back at the people who wronged them. it's all really dumb

kf was also directly responsible for near's suicide, so it's a bit personal

anyway, keffals declared victory, i guess
https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1569798938592526336

personally i'm not sure how good it is to declare it dead and gone when it seems to be intent on rearing its ugly head up again every few days, but i'm also not going to pass on celebrating victory when it's deader than ever

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Zamujasa posted:

Firstly, I'm so sorry that you went through all of that. God willing, they'll never return. Second of all, the cutting room floor is awesome and you should feel awesome!

Terrible Opinions posted:

I feel like bringing up Chrischan isn't really a winning move in the "kiwifarms doesn't try to encourage self harm" argument given that every famous incident involving Chrischan is the kiwifarms (called the cwiki still) goading them into self harm. The fact that Chrischan never actually killed herself is irreverent.

This. At best, at absolute best, Kiwifarms did her no good by stalking her, and the amount of bad faith to argue that they only did no good for her, let alone that they in some way helped her, could probably fill the Marianas trench. I can't think of a single decent thing lost from Kiwifarm's destruction, not one thing to go "it's good that it's gone, but..." over. It's gone. Tens, maybe hundreds of thousands of vulnerable people online will breathe safer without them around.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dejan Bimble posted:

I'm against all internet CIA cosplay. I do not care about peoples weird lives. I wish people who are autistic and let's say vulnerable would not have access to devices that let them be manipulated at a distance by people who you could call psychopaths or at least sociopaths without much exaggeration

[...]

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Speaking as a person with autism, go gently caress yourself. Hard.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Boba Pearl posted:

Duder PM'd me and I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt that he's just an extreme grass toucher who only posts on SA for the sports forum. I could see someone like that just not being plugged in enough to know what he was saying, and I don't like the idea of us turning on ourselves to try and purge out people who aren't left enough. Either he'll say some stupid poo poo again, or he'll never say stupid poo poo again, and both effectively achieve the same goal.

e: I just think a lot about how like 14 people from here got an article in Vice about how they're totally nazis, and it makes me feel gross and weird. That shouldn't have happened imo, but I don't want to start a troubles derail.

I might give him that benefit of the doubt, but 'lolcow' is one of those really telling terms, in that an 'extreme grasstoucher' wouldn't be using it because the only communities that use it in common parlance are uh... horrible stalker dens like KF or ED.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
Only ever heard "lolcow" on 4chan and Encyclopedia Dramatica so I am incredibly weary of people who drop it casually. It's gross. A gross way to talk about people that you goad in to doing things so you can laugh at them

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

I first heard the term "lolcow" when I was looking for a streamer's twitter and the top result for her twitch tag was her full name and place of residence. I'm not inclined to give anyone who uses it unironically any benefit of the doubt.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
When a website whose mission statement essentially boils down to harassing freaks/weirdoes/sickos has a transphobic userbase that sees being trans as both something that inherently makes someone a freak and as a huge red flag that someone is a sicko, it ends up being indistinguishable in practice from a website with a mission statement of "we harrass trans people, and also some other people too"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Terrible Opinions posted:

Haven't they been harassing a completely unrelated person named Shaun because the youtuber Shaun and him happened to share a first name and graduation date?

they wanted to doxx youtuber Shaun for calling them a bunch of dorks, figured out when his graduation year was, combed through videos of the graduation event and finally determined a guy named Shaun in the event was him, then proceeded to find that person's real name and address. It would later emerged that youtuber Shaun never attended his graduation at all

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
The whole Chris Chan thing is a perfect example of the way KF inevitably escalates and the reason the safari rule exists. It may have started off as pointing and laughing at an extremely online weirdo but it quickly moved on to providing them opportunities to act out, then directly loving with them and anyone associated with them.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"lolcow" as a term is a tacit admission that you actively go and gently caress with them. Cows don't just leave buckets of milk lying around as part of their day, you gotta get in there and loving milk them.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
null death gripped his dick till it went permanently numb like that junkies arm

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Some of nulls haters have claimed his contact/interaction with chris chan over the years is a manifestation of troll remorse.

But the idea that Chris chan sexual assaulting mother was a CIA operation? now thats some good conspiracy theory!

The story about how the video of chris chan arrest was made is insane, another alt right, grifting youtuber, gamer gater, drove to the hotel where chris was, to stalk her. Then at the last minute got the video.

Now I wanna make a wall of photos and internet posts and connect them with string

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Ups_rail posted:

Some of nulls haters have claimed his contact/interaction with chris chan over the years is a manifestation of troll remorse.

But the idea that Chris chan sexual assaulting mother was a CIA operation? now thats some good conspiracy theory!

The story about how the video of chris chan arrest was made is insane, another alt right, grifting youtuber, gamer gater, drove to the hotel where chris was, to stalk her. Then at the last minute got the video.

Now I wanna make a wall of photos and internet posts and connect them with string

Please don't.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The one time I checked out Kiwifarms around when Lowtax plugged it it wasn't especially focused on trans people, but since then the entire American right wing's simmering hatred for trans people seems to have boiled over into a frenzy so it's not hard to believe that kiwifarms followed suit.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

im so glad the site of sicko stalkers got blasted off the web, gently caress all kfers and any of their copycat groupies!!

it'd be nice for those users to get into legal hot water too, but p doubtful on that bit...

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Booky posted:

im so glad the site of sicko stalkers got blasted off the web, gently caress all kfers and any of their copycat groupies!!

it'd be nice for those users to get into legal hot water too, but p doubtful on that bit...

I think some of them actually are!

https://twitter.com/keffals/status/1566613484867141632

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

good!

get their asses!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

This will be a bigger deterrence then anything else I'm ecstatic.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

:bisonyes:

Yesterdays Latte
Nov 14, 2021

Oh hey, thanks for running TCRF! Lost hours to mashing the random page button on that site, even added a few things myself :hfive: Got a lot of joy from that place.

It baffles me that weird internet nerds would go after people who are so critical to the preservation of lost and forgotten content from games, considering how many of them played those games and that, ostensibly, their culture is an offshoot of gaming nerd culture. It's like the 4chan/Gamergate to KF pipeline digested off all of the positivity, just leaving behind a reeking turd of hate. I'll admit that I didn't know about Near's work before it became a news topic, but I had used it, and knowing who they were and how they had affected me really hurt to know that they were gone :(

I'm sorry that these assholes went after you, and I'm glad that, though they aren't necessarily gone, it's at least that little bit harder for them to organize and hurt people again.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

HereticMIND posted:

Now my morbid curiosity is piqued.

Lol I think one or both of their red text was basically permanently "I met my spouse on a website dedicated to stalking and harassing a mentally handicapped person"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Internet Old One posted:

A few years back he had to shut the site down briefly when it caused trouble for his family. He could have simply said he could no longer participate, it was out of his hands, and handed a backup off to some lackey, optionally an incompetent one if he wanted to put the whole thing behind him.

I’m not so sure he’s being forced to run the site like he says.

The site's users are rabid animals who eat their own at the first opportunity, if he deprives them of their hate group clubhouse he's next on the chopping block. Helldump went after their own for far less, and Kiwifarms is end-stage Helldump taken to its worst extremes.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The site's users are rabid animals who eat their own at the first opportunity, if he deprives them of their hate group clubhouse he's next on the chopping block. Helldump went after their own for far less, and Kiwifarms is end-stage Helldump taken to its worst extremes.

I once read a helldump thread where the target was soo goony, (and possibly mentally challenged) they felt guilty.

I could never look at helldump the same after that.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Yesterdays Latte posted:

Oh hey, thanks for running TCRF! Lost hours to mashing the random page button on that site, even added a few things myself :hfive: Got a lot of joy from that place.

It baffles me that weird internet nerds would go after people who are so critical to the preservation of lost and forgotten content from games, considering how many of them played those games and that, ostensibly, their culture is an offshoot of gaming nerd culture. It's like the 4chan/Gamergate to KF pipeline digested off all of the positivity, just leaving behind a reeking turd of hate. I'll admit that I didn't know about Near's work before it became a news topic, but I had used it, and knowing who they were and how they had affected me really hurt to know that they were gone :(

I'm sorry that these assholes went after you, and I'm glad that, though they aren't necessarily gone, it's at least that little bit harder for them to organize and hurt people again.

Near was just such a weird harmless curiosity, I can't imagine anyone bearing them ill will :( Like ok maybe Near was a little bit obsessed with emulation accuracy and maybe if you don't care about that the same way you chuckle and shake your head but then why would you not just move on with your loving life

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

and Kiwifarms is end-stage Helldump taken to its worst extremes.

Pretty much. The way I see it, SA could have gone down the same road as KF if things had been a little different.

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Thank you for TCRF, and gently caress kiwifarms forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seven Force
Nov 9, 2005

WARNING!

BOSS IS APPROACHING!!!

SEVEN FORCE

--ACTIONS--

SHITPOSTING

LOVE LOVE DANCING

Bargearse posted:

Pretty much. The way I see it, SA could have gone down the same road as KF if things had been a little different.

It got pretty close. I look at the helldump goldmined threads and for every person you could say deserved to be ran off (xizer, legorobot, etc.) there were others whose 'crime' was they have Asperger's and post weird.