Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Wait…I’m a notable poster? poo poo, I’m just a loser trans woman, does this mean I have to elevate the quality of my shitposts? Oh God…
Uhhh…gently caress Tom Brady?

They didn't say notably good, stay the course LoL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
The Bills might be a pretty good football team

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
I remember watching a video on Josh's off-season work with his terrible mechanics and how it took much longer to get his timing back on the long throws with his new emphasis on footwork and keeping his shoulders aligned. He claimed this was why his long accuracy was so bad and that he was focusing on the long ball before year three. Seems that focus worked out. Josh's dedication to fixing what was wrong with his mechanics is impressive.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

🙃

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Daw

This should be a fun matchup for years to come.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Other than Spencer Brown, no one lost much time to heat related problems. Most of the injuries were just regular injuries most notable for being at positions already weakened - OL and DB. Some sloppy plays by the Bills and some clutch plays by the Fins were the biggest difference in the game. Not Buffalo spending extra days practicing in 90 degree heat. Players from both sides missed time getting IVs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Dolphins by a billion

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Sounds like excuse making to me :colbert:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

Josh is like a college student who does a 20-page research paper the day before it's due and gets an A on it.

Yeah he had me nervous for a bit but he aced that Covid shot research!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Seriously though that was a sick throw and a ballsy as hell call.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Man I love KC games. What a fantastic game!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Professor Funk posted:

what is happening in this thread rn

apparently there are some fans in the thread who aren't in post-victory sunday night mode

sad really

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Josh Allen and Patrick Mahomes have made similar ill advised attempts at hero ball that cost them the game - Pat just yesterday.

edit - beaten by fsif

Sunday Morning fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Oct 18, 2022

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

lmao

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

pasaluki posted:

This, Moorman punting out of the end zone flyer, the 6-3 game and the 0-8 game against the Browns, the Peterman honeycomb hype video...

The Bills feel like they are going to begin a reign of terror and will get tons on the whagon which is fine, but the real Gs know how it used to be.

The Bills breaking my spirit in time for hockey season. The Sabres finishing me off by December.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Pablo Bluth posted:

Remember when everyone said Diggs was a diva and he'd throw a tantrum when Allen keeps overthrowing him?

One of those times where moving a disgruntled player was exactly the right move for both teams.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1583298134955814912

So glad the Bills didn't make this move. Beane hits on too many draft picks. That could be 2-3 quality players for a glass running back who's gonna cost a fortune after this year.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

If I was an offensive mastermind I would tell my marginal qb to not throw at the hotshot rookie corner

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Everyone is losing in this game

Especially the viewers

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

TheBizzness posted:

Thank god the Dolphins aren’t on nationally for the rest of the season.

3 more prime time Steelers games though! :dance:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

fsif posted:

Mitchell woulda won

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

syzpid posted:

The Pats just gave up 33 points to the Bears

pasaluki posted:

We've had a chance here to spend some time looking at the Bears. This is a pretty impressive group and really a young team that you can see getting better all the time. Coach [Matt Eberflus] has done a really good job here with installing his system and I think adapting to the personnel that they have there. Obviously, getting a lot of young players involved. It's one of the youngest teams in the league. Offensively, [Justin] Fields is a major threat every time he touches the ball, very athletic kid. [Darnell] Mooney is really an outstanding receiver. He's had a ton of production and I can see why. He's very good at everything, plays multiple positions. In the slot a lot, but they'll move him around and he's had a ton of production. Then, of course the backs, [Khalil] Herbert and [David] Montgomery are very good. This running game is right there with Cleveland. I mean they literally have about the same exact amount of yardage. I think [Khalil] Herbert is leading the league in yards per carry. They're very hard to tackle. They do a real good job with their running game and the play action game as well. A lot of explosive plays. Lead the league in yards per pass attempt. They've hit some big plays. Some of those are catch-and-run plays and then when you add on [Justin] Fields' scrambles, which might count as running plays in the stats, but they're actually passing plays, in terms of having to defend them. They're really a lot of explosive plays there that are a problem. Young offensive line, talented offensive line, two young tackles. But, really the backs, [Darnell] Mooney, [Justin] Fields, guys that can really score on any play. A good group of tight ends that they use in there, so they give us multiple formations and personnel groups. Special teams is another young group, core group of players. [DeAndre] Houston-Carson is really one of the better coverage players that we'll see all year. [Velus] Jones [Jr.], the rookie, has been great for them and [Josh] Blackwell is very fast. They have a lot of team speed. [Dane] Cruikshank, and some of their linebackers, which those guys run well too. It's really a good group. One of the better groups that we've played. [Cairo] Santos, really solid kicker, veteran guy. Just hits the ball straight through, very consistent. The skills, got a big leg, punter's got a big leg. He [Trenton Gill] whacks it down there pretty good. So, they can change field position, especially with their fast coverage players, the three guys I mentioned there. They've done an excellent job of creating good field position for their defense. [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the return game, strong, explosive guy. We spent a lot of time on him. Really dangerous with the ball in his hands. Then [Dante] Pettis and [Trestan] Ebner, Ebner on the kickoff returns, another fast guy. Plays really in all their special teams. [Dante] Pettis, an experienced guy back there, they use him some on punt returns. But, it's a good special teams unit, very sound, good players and a lot of tough matchups there for us. Defensively, Matt's [Eberflus] obviously brought his very successful system from Indianapolis with him. In Indy, they led the league in turnovers for four straight years. Forced a lot of fumbles. They're very disruptive on the ball. Ball security is going to be a big issue. They've got a lot of outstanding players. They're hard to block on the front. Obviously, [Robert] Quinn is one of the great defensive linemen in this era. I mean, his numbers are ridiculous and whatever it was last year, 17, 18 sacks. This guy is a major disruptive force on the edge. The two linebackers, [Roquan] Smith and [Nicholas] Morrow make a ton of tackles. Obviously, [Roquan] Smith leading the league in tackles. Been at the top of the league almost every year. He's very hard to block and a very good tackler from sideline to sideline. He's got a lot of range, very instinctive, gets off blocks well, obviously finds the ball and really is just a tackling machine. [Eddie] Jackson's been a guy we've played against before that always is around the ball. Very instinctive player at the safety position. He does some different things, but he's around the ball. Kind of quarterbacks the secondary back there. Makes a lot of plays, makes a lot of big plays, turnovers, returns for touchdowns and stuff like that. That's kind of his play making style back there. That's a problem. Coach Eberflus has really done a good job. I mean, in the second half, they're the best defensive team in the second half of games in the league. Haven't given up much of anything here in six games. I think they're under seven points a game in the second half, or something like that. You watch them play in the second half and seems like as they gain confidence, figure out what the offense is doing, make some adjustments, they've been able to really shut almost everybody down. That's obviously a big concern for us as well. Young players, guys that we don't know very well, that have already jumped in and made a big impact for them, first and second year players. Guys like [Darnell] Mooney, [Kyler] Gordon on defense, [Velus] Jones [Jr.] in the kicking game, [Trenton] Gill in the kicking game, players like that. Then obviously, there's a few guys, [Cairo] Santos and certainly [Robert] Quinn, guys like that, Roquan Smith, that have been around for a while, that are good players as well and have had good careers. We'll again get to work on these guys from a schematic standpoint and get to know them from a personnel standpoint, but we've got a lot of work to do. They've had some time here and talked about some of the things that they're going to change or do differently or whatever, so we'll have to be prepared for maybe something that we haven't seen from them, whatever adjustments Coach Eberflus and his staff decide to make. Need a good week of preparation here and be ready to go Monday night.

Bill saw it coming

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
One of the differences I've noticed between Josh and the string of mediocre QBs before him was the way he owned the team from day one, even when his play was still spotty. It's hard to describe the difference but it was there. He just took command of the team like a good veteran QB in a way all those failed QBs just couldn't. Even when he was hero balling interceptions and throwing short passes into the dirt he never felt like he was losing the team.

I can't speak for the other teams because I'm pretty much just a Bills watching homer, but that's something that always jumped out at me compared to past Bills QBs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yea but in week 7 Zappe was running basically the same offense Mac was for the first 3 weeks. More shotgun, way less play action, fewer heavy protection sets. Basically when Mac is expected to play the game plan asks more of the QB, probably because he’s a first round pick and has a year starting under his belt. That’s probably stupid but not malicious.

Oy! We're trying to have a controversy here!

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
It's going to be hard to find teams that can cover both Tyreek and Waddle and as much fun as it can be making smartass comments about underthrown rainbows, as long as he stays healthy Tua is hitting those 15-20 yard routes consistently.

Besides, Tua just wins football games :shrug:

I still feel Miami is the toughest AFCE opponent. Just got to get that secondary back.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Just because I'm a sicko I did some napkin math on the first 18 games of Bills QBs drafted since 2000

05-06 JP Losman 277/490 56%, 3178 yds, 18 tds, 15 ints
07-08 Trent Edwards 328/537 56%, 3605 yds, 15 tds, 18 ints
13-17 EJ Manuel 330/567 58%, 3616 yds, 20 tds, 15 ints - yes it took all 5 years of his career to reach 18 starts, including one for oakland
18-19 Josh Allen 287/509 56%, 3398 yds, 17 tds, 16 ints - not including his rushing tds

Please note Tom Brady was the quarterback of the Patriots this entire span of years

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Hey I still remember 20 years of bad boring football. I remember taking poo poo for enjoying even bad Josh Allen football because at least he was fun to watch. I'm happy other fans of this cursed division get to watch some fun football. But then I had my smug rear end in a top hat years of fandom in the early 90s and that really doesn't work if you never actually win anything.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
gotta admit that's a pretty good system

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

t a s t e posted:

Anyone except diggs catch a pass challenge

singletary accepts the challenge

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Going to bed at half time was the right call

Not going to blame the loss on injuries or anything because everyone gets them and so many other things went wrong today, but man did this team rely so much on Hyde/Poyer.

Also, when facing a qb that melts under pressure I'd like to see way less 4 man rushes than that. I know it's the Bills thing not to blitz but come on.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
There's no concussion protocol in the tailgate parking lots

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

TheBizzness posted:

I really enjoy when I can’t watch a game, to come to this thread after it’s over and being able to read all the Dolphins posters real time thoughts on the game.

When I read the doom posting at the beginning of a game I know the Bills win by 20 - sensible chuckle

When I read the doom posting at the beginning of a game the Bills lose in the last seconds - sad nod

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Are they sure they got on the right plane? If they mistakenly fly to Singapore they might not make it back in time. :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

Sunday Morning fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jan 3, 2023

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

t a s t e posted:

The best Sunday of our season honestly

Even had fun games to watch. Good games, good plays, good results.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Also helps when the freezing rain turns in to plain old dusting of snow

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

th3t00t posted:

If the Bills lose because they didn’t run the ball on 1st down which gifted the Jets and extra time out. Lmao

Nah

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
White knows how to get the ball into Wilson's hands and with that defense that's more than good enough. It's maybe not quite as impressive as Tua getting balls to Hill and Waddle but I feel the Jets have a pretty well rounded team with White at QB and I really don't want to see them a third time.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Any chance Jackson is getting all these reps because he's a RFA next year? Both him and Elam are flawed CBs right now but they need to make a decision on Jackson and this could be a prove it stretch while they know Elam will be here next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose
Milano got so much time on the practice dummy sunday afternoon they gave him the day off