Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I mean Cam did start out pretty well last year though? He just almost immediately got covid / hurt and proceeded to look like dogshit. Opening two games were pretty optimistic.

That Seahawks game was a ton of fun even though the Pats lost, I was absolutely bullish about them actually being good after that one

Unfortunately it was only week 2. Then Cam went on to exceed 200 yards passing like 3 times the rest of the season, and 2 of those were against the deadass Gase Jets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bellmaker posted:

I understand them trying to get used to Miami weather but uhhhhh

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34537928/bill-belichick-says-new-england-patriots-left-early-south-florida-get-acclimated-conditions

This does appear to be why they're down there, but uh yeah I am not sure why they basically set up shop in someone's back yard. Maybe Kraft has a buddy on the board of trustees

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Meanwhile Fields is already dead and buried

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Bills fans remember to call your doctor when you wake up in the morning still absolutely rock hard

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

Von got a goofy rear end head

He appears to have a merkin taped to the back of his head

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

The Giants gave their franchise to a journeyman OC who rode Josh Allen’s lightning bolt rise to superstardom.

10 years from now

“lol I can’t believe another idiot team hired the latest McDermott disciple. They never work out”

I have no ill will whatsoever toward Daboll but it would be extremely funny if the Giants hired him away and he turned out to have nothing to do with the Bills success

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

That video has a “CJ Spiller’s one good year” sighting, too

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

At least before he could credibly play action to AJ Brown instead of whatever the gently caress is going on at WR there now. Maybe Burks and/or Phillips develops into something.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Diva Cupcake posted:

RedZone isn’t even cutting to the Jets game at all. What the actual gently caress.

I need to watch Baker Mayfield every other play?

Look when the Giants and Panthers are playing a total trash can of a game, you just have to make it the centerpiece of Red Zone

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Belichick handing the reigns to another mastermind as he cruises off into the Florida sunset on "VIII Rings", you love to see it

For an actual comment, that seems like a weird way for him to describe the Cowboys

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This seems… bad. Hope dude is ok

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

I mean I don’t know but they said on air that their medical consultant said it was a sign of head trauma.

“Man I hope it’s just head trauma” kind of puts poo poo In perspective

This is not a direct reply to you, we all heard the same comment. Just, it’s scary :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

This has me wondering what the scene would look like if Snyder pushed his wife off the yacht tragically lost his spouse and remarried. Obviously people will turn out for a freaking billionaire’s party, but would he be able to pull talent like Elton John to play for him? Just how much does the entire world despise him?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

His contract really balloons next season. His 2023 dead cap number is like 18 million, and 11 million in 2024. I’m sure there’s some restructuring shenanigans that can make it more palatable but (to my limited understanding of contract/cap crap) trading for CMC would be a multi year investment. You really gotta believe he’s the missing piece.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I thought much of the point in Carolina moving their best player was to get out of cap hell for next year. If they are willing to take on all the financial burden and risk then yeah that becomes a LOT more tempting.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

sirtommygunn posted:

lmao if PFF is brought up a single time in any contract negotiation.

Amy beat me to it but I was gonna say, Geno is probably printing and framing PFF grades as we speak lol

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Reporters running with unvetted DMs or like, literal PFTCommenter tweets, and then getting clowned, is one of the few blessings of social media.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

It's still Dan Shaughnessy, but yeah.

I can’t believe this dipshit has been covering sports for the Globe for longer than I’ve been alive. And I’m old.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Kalli posted:

I'm seeing a lot of people biting on the Broncos over the Jets, and I don't get it, but I'm usually wrong, so I guess? But I don't understand how the Broncos win that game without defensive scores.

Agree the line is fishy. But I think you answered your own question. Denver's path to victory is forcing multiple bad turnovers, then scoring off them (which is the shaky part of this proposition), and finally grinding clock on 30 really gross Latavius Murray carries. If the Jets protect the ball I have no idea how Denver wins.

Personally I am eagerly awaiting Melvin Gordon fumbling the game away after sulking all week over losing carries to Murray.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Isn't Shaughnessy a baseball HOF voter too?

yeah. He has somehow won many awards and accolades despite his MO being to just gripe about things, and stir poo poo between front offices, players, the media, and fans and then watch what happens

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Oct 20, 2022

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Russ is out. Not sure if that helps or hurts us.

The line moved from Jets +3 to Jets -1.5. Which feels more like where it should have been even before the Russ news

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

syzpid posted:

I was walking through a Philly Suburb the other night and I saw a house with 2 brand new team flags. It was a Bills flag and Patriots flag and I was supremely confused. I would say they were bandwagon fans if the Pats flag looked older but they were both new. Would have loved to hear the story of how a Bills & Pats fan ended up near Philly

One of my best friends from childhood is a massive Pats fan living just outside Philly in Media (he went to Drexel and never left the area) but I can’t help you on the Bills side.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

lol I was coming to post this. Bill's leaks are getting sloppy, at least try to make them somewhat credible. "Calls on our WRs? Let me check with the boys back in the front office. They got us working in shifts!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9CynvMlFyo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Ehud posted:

that's a TD

edit if we don't score a TD here, that's going to be absolutely brutal

Yeah idk why they didn’t challenge that. Didn’t end up mattering but that seemed super obvious

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

Get in last place

But enough about where the Mike White Jets will finish

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

t a s t e posted:

What if it was Blach Wilson

Would the fan base still be rallying around Mike Black

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Lol that we almost beat the Vikings last week. Pats look completely helpless out there

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

fsif posted:

Anyway if the Bills end up losing this I'm going to spend the rest of the season saying that holding call created a 10 point swing, even though Nick Folk missed the FG

Lol there is no way the Pats win this game they look like poo poo

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

The Pats' D is dogshit expect for exactly when the opposing QB is Zach Wilson.

I can think of at least one other reason Wilson looked bad (it’s cause he is bad)

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Relentlessboredomm posted:

what ended up being the final death toll from that pats game, seemed like 5 dudes died right at the start

Kyler probable torn ACL, Parker concussion, Rhamondre ankle thing of unknown severity, Conner briefly went to the tent but came back

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

First time I’ve seen a “my uncle works at Nintendo” post (maybe) come true

Edit: there you go

https://twitter.com/mysportsupdate/status/1602649958250848264?s=46&t=L6WGC_TozCPajAwbFcF5sA

Earlier this year a dude posted that his friend treats Bengals and Ja’Marr Chase was going to miss time with a hip injury before it happened. Which probably got his friend fired and/or sanctioned so good job as always, reddit!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Well this sucks :(

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

https://twitter.com/jordonr/status/1610116502845558784

Apparently this guy is his friend and "marketing/brand agent" or something. Seems... very slightly positive? As positive as "being put to sleep to insert a breathing tube" can be :smith:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

TheBizzness posted:

Probably should ship Diggs and his bad attitude out of town. That dude is a cancer.

The Pats even got noted Bad Attitude Dude Randy Moss to perform. Maybe you could trick old senile Bill into taking Diggs off your hands.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Love to hire the guy who is "experienced" in coordinating like 6 passes per game. Rapsheet is going to throw out his back carrying all that water

Nodoze posted:

Definitely a better offensive assistant than Matt Patricia...

Always a good sign when the bar is so low it's being carefully stepped over in hell

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 13, 2023

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Professor Funk posted:

This would obv be disappointing but I think it might be fine from a football standpoint (whether that's enough to save Saleh and Douglas...ehhh).

Now, from an AFCE thread standpoint it would be loving hilarious

Don't underestimate the "giving Hackett a high profile job to lure Aaron Rodgers and faceplanting AGAIN" angle, either. If it comes to pass that guy needs to be in the Guinness book of records for largest horseshoe inserted into a butt

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

lol Pats fans.

Hey it doesn't say we think the script is bad :v:

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

The reigning Heisman Trophy winner named three other teams that intrigue him before giving the more standard answer for any player coming into the league.

“San Fran, Raiders or Falcons,” Williams said. “I’d play anywhere.”

I know he's just wishlisting and not saying what will actually happen, but I am trying to imagine what kind of cursed season would result in SF picking first overall. Purdy's elbow never heals, Lance finally plays and is a Zach Wilson level bust, CMC and Bosa tear ACLs in preseason...

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

mcmagic posted:

I still think Pitts is going to be good but he was drafted too high.

Pitts just seems like a massive disconnect between coach and GM. If you aren’t going to use him as a Kelce or Gronk tier weapon that’s the focus of your offense why the gently caress are you drafting him at 4 overall.

It’s hard to say how good he is or will be because he got like 2 dead on arrival Mariota targets per game

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Well that's certainly some "gently caress it's the offseason, we need some twitter engagement" content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s interesting that a lot of the areas where the Pats got “D, among the worst in the league” still received like 85% positive ratings from players. Not a lot of margin between great and terrible.

I have no doubt they are cheaping out in those areas just thought it was interesting.