Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I don't really dislike the dolphins. Of all the bills' division rivals, they're probably the only team I could see myself supporting if they went on a run. But with all that said, outside of Tom Brady, I've never been more invested in seeing a QB eat poo poo than I am with Tua. He's such a stupid weenie and I want him to poop his pants on gameday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I'm not old enough to pretend to remember the old rivalry. I like teal and thought the uniforms were cool as a kid

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
greg roman is not a serious offensive coordinator in this league. its amazing to me that baltimore still employs him

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i can't understand the series of coaching decisions that would lead to joe flacco throwing the ball 59 times, a good 20 of them with the game totally out of reach, while letting mike white throw the ball 0 times

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
remembering wanting to pull my hair out watching nate hackett call plays for the bills under marrone and wondering how he turned that into a head coaching gig somewhere

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
warner did a video reviewing josh allen's play on 3rd downs in the rams game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faTdMSH7X2c

biggest takeaway isn't that the rams defense played poorly, it's that they played pretty well and josh dismantled them anyways

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
regardless of what DVOA and whatever else says, there is literally no reason to allow joe flacco to throw the ball 58 times before he leads the offense to its first TD. it's incomprehensible to me. if he's sniffing 40 passes and you have no touchdowns on the board, you cut your losses and put mike white in and hope he sparks something. keeping flacco in that long is the most loserly, defeatist poo poo imaginable to me and it hurts my brain even as a non-jets fan.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua sucks lol. baby arm QB with no self esteem. mcdaniel is tight with him because they both got made fun of by cool, handsome jocks with huge arm power like josh allen, so they both operate on the same bitch rear end wavelength. vibrating on the exact same bitch rear end frequency. obviously some athletic difference between the two of them though...mcdaniel has a stronger arm LOL

can't wait to see tua cry next week, literally weeping at the podium after getting his rear end beat. unbelievably stoked to see him get chased down up and down the field as he nervously throws 5-yard bounce passes to his receivers lmfao. kids menu ordering rear end bitch

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Phobeste posted:

mcdaniel is the cool friend who stays over a lot. Like a lot

he draws up plays in lego

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua JAGovailoa

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Ehud posted:

edit also don't try and plant these little seeds. every bills fan is required to beat their chest and predict a 21 point victory on sunday

21 is way too low a margin lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/AliMiller/status/1572721896441155585

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
lol what the gently caress is this

https://twitter.com/BuiltInBuffalo_/status/1574105991846805505

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Paracausal posted:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1574119706088378368
me stumbling around after drinking a litre of rum, nah man my back just locked up

"dog ate my homework" rear end excuse lmfao

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
josh has been hit in the dick at least 3 times this game. this is insane. the dolphins have a bounty on josh's cock. ive never seen anything like it

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/Matt_Bove/status/1574133882269605888

obviously not official word from medical, but that's a big relief. probably

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

mcmagic posted:

How do you have 500 total yards and only 1 TO and only score 19 points????

17 points. 2 of the points came from the dolphins' punter kicking the ball directly into a guy's rear end for a safety

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i'm done being upset about the bills losing to the miami dolphins. it's wasted effort at this point. i'm going to put my anger towards something more productive, like actively cheering against the miami dolphins for the rest of the season

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

The Bills beat themselves by all accounts so perhaps Bills fans should root against… the Bills?

i'll save that for when they're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs in week 17, thank you very much

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
hell,

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

I just worry that the Bills are fundamentally soft and unable to win close games, or survive losing players to injuries. Just feels like we're a over-emotional and highly brittle team.
And we still can't run the ball reliably, especially in short yardage situations. Every time we lose like this, I worry losing in the Divisional or Conference round is our ceiling...

one-score games are coin flips and the bills had some of the best injury luck in the league two years in a row. the stretch they're going through right now is everything going wrong at once, and while they could lose an entire season to homer at the bat, nine separate misfotunes-rear end luck, they're still a fundamentally good team that has a chance to win every time josh lines up under center.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the bills ran almost 40 plays more than the pats did week 1 lol. speculation about them partying or not giving themselves time to acclimate is fuckin weird

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
that was disgusting

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mcdaniel saying that he just reports what the team medical say seems like such obvious hedging to me but honestly i don't think anything is really going to happen as a result of this whole thing. the league will say it's revised some policy/procedure, at most a team doctor will get canned, and the same poo poo will continue to happen

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I don't think it's entirely mcdaniel's fault, but as much as one can argue that he needs to just trust his medical team, he also has the ability to overrule them in extreme cases. at the end of the day, this wasn't a question of whether or not to shut someone down early to have a season ending surgery for a non-serious injury. it was a question about whether or not he should have held tua out for a game or two early in the season as a precautionary measure.

I don't give a gently caress what the dolphins' medical team said about tua's back or whatever. mcdaniel has eyes and can watch the same replay everyone else saw from sunday and independently decide to play things safe to protect his player, and he could have done so without even throwing the medical team under the bus.

whatis fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 30, 2022

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Any system that requires an NFL head coach to make a medical decision to play or not play a player who wants to play, says he’s fine to play, and has been blessed by the actual medical professionals as fine to play is 100% guaranteed to fail.

Head coaches are just about the last people on earth who should be deciding if players are healthy. Aside from the obvious problems of them not being medical professionals and having severely misaligned incentives I have to imagine that it would cause some conflicts with the NFLPA to have a coach overruling both the player and the medical staff and not playing a guy while saying it’s for his own good. Especially if there are contractual ramifications like playtime bonuses or lack of guarantee for injury.

he was listed as "questionable" all week. is the decision to play tua under that designation a coaching decision or a medical one?

if you're earnestly arguing that the determinations by team medical professionals should be taken as the gospel truth with absolutely no questioning or pushback from anyone else, then what is your proposed solution to the problem other than "hire better doctors?"

if this is an argument that the entire system is trash and needs to be completely overhauled then sure, hard agree

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua 100% did not have a concussion frome the game on sunday, which is why he was monitored for concussion symptoms every day since then

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

This feels lazy - it can easily be flipped as the team was 100% concerned etc which doesn’t feel plausible but it’s certainly arguable

I mean sure it's arguable, but under the vast majority of circumstances, you don't continue to test for an ailment you're claiming the person doesn't have, never had, and has already been ruled out.

I know the sentiment I'm expressing isn't 100% for certain, but I don't think they deserve any benefit of the doubt right now. The team literally announced that Tua had a head injury during the game and then tried to reverse course using the flimsiest excuse possible, but then monitored him anyway? That doesn't pass the smell test at all. They 100% knew his head was injured, used the "orthopedic" excuse to skirt by, and then monitored him because they 100% knew he got his bell rung.

edit: if there is some sort of rule dictating you need to test someone the day after they undergo any sort of concussion test then that's fair, but that's the first I've heard of it

whatis fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Sep 30, 2022

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
mcdaniel is george, tua is lennie, and mcgruber is the farm

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
i told myself at the beginning of the season i was going to be thrilled if the bills were 3-1 or better, so im gonna choose to be happy and ignore any and all red flags

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/BuiltInBuffalo_/status/1576933169353269248

Elam has been playing pretty well for a guy that seemed to lose some of his shine post-draft. Coincidentally enough his first few games remind me a lot of Tre White in that you've heard basically nothing about him, which is typically a good sign for a rookie corner.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
https://twitter.com/sadbflofan/status/1576957629146238976

i love stef

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the only good thing about the bills stadium deal is that it's coming from state taxes, meaning a large number of jets fans are footing some of the bill

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

this poo poo is always so funny to me because it meant a room full of adults had a serious, closed-door conversation about whether or not a ping pong table is going to prevent them from achieving greatness or whatever and then they somberly broke the news to a larger room filled with even more adults

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
they banned the ping pong table because it was straining tua's arm lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

Kalli posted:

Yeah, and I mean Buffalo's locker room has those ammenities, because it's Buffalo, yeah no poo poo guys want to hang out and play Ping Pong when the alternative is drunk @ Applebees.

the bills players would play less cornhole if there were more museums and a better symphony orchestra in buffalo. it's tragic i agree

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
the ping pong table story is more fun than the concussion conspiracy but i'm happy to make fun of the dolphins for either of them

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
tua sucks lol

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

If I were the Bills I would give up an early third, 4th,5th and 6th which those picks would have been after you won the super bowl 3 years in a row.

But hey, you might have drafted a quality guard, can’t let that slip by.

i want the bills to make a couple deadline moves, and i'd even be open to one at RB, but i think there's better value to be had. i also think i'd rather them pursue an OL, a safety, or a WR (in that order).

getting a marquee player at RB would have been all sorts of fun but it always felt unrealistic and unnecessary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whatis
Jun 6, 2012

TheBizzness posted:

Winning multiple super bowls is a luxury the bills cannot afford

this troll is falling so short of its mark it might as well be a pass thrown by tua more than 10 yards downfield!!!!