Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

what's a game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I can't believe Yakuza is shifting fully to the "Like a Dragon" branding, feels good that the series is big enough that they think they can survive that name change

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

thiccabod posted:

Was it the previous PS5 thread where people were talking about Dead Rising a couple days back? Because 1, 2 and Off The Record are all currently on sale on the US PSN store for $6 each

Yes, that was me! I already own all those games, but other people should buy them too!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I appreciate the thread change VG. I lurked in the old one and posted occasionally, but the atmosphere was not great so I eventually stopped trying.

Is Yakuza Like a Dragon a good starting point for that series? Or is it too much of a spin-off to be a good intro? I’ve been interested in that series for a while but I have no idea where to start at this point, and Ishin looks rad so I’d like to get at least one Yakuza game under my belt before I pick that up.

Like a Dragon is an RPG and most of the other games are beat-em-ups. I'd start with 0.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

As someone who saved every survivor in 2 back on the PS3, the game does not expect you to do that (and it's not even really possible on early runs due to survivors that require large amounts of money to save). There isn't even a trophy for saving every survivor, the max it rewards you for is like, #50.

e: but yeah, unlocking the shortcut at the very least and then exploring the world for combo weapon blueprints and finding the gambling books so you can get the money for that loving tuxedo (:argh:) sounds like a plan

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

In my first year of uni a friend invited a bunch of us round for like a hang party while he did the really long mode in Dead Rising and then he died after about 100 minutes to the guy in the food court

Well, he only had about 740 minutes left before he got the 7 day achievement. So close!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dunno if this is true but if it is, lmao

https://twitter.com/SlimelordKRS/status/1570033822640775174

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

I cant believe the queen of england was the talent agency director dude of whatever that is exactly

The main actor of Judgment was a pretty famous Japanese actor named Takuya Kimura, who was represented by talent agency Johnny's. Johnny's is notoriously protective of their clients' images, to the point where press photos of Kimura for films have had him photoshopped out of the pictures. Judgment and Lost Judgment seemed like they were never coming to PC or getting another sequel because RGG Studio wanted to put the games on PC and it caused friction with Johnny's, who didn't want people modding Kimura into doing sex things or whatever. It's very funny.

e:

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's very funny that DR1 let you pick up three durability extension books that all apply to the small chainsaws for some reason, each tripling their durability so they now last twenty-seven times longer. And if you re-enter the area you can just pick up a second small chainsaw.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Beat Dead Rising 1 yesterday (gently caress that final boss, holy poo poo) and moved on to 2, which I've played before. It was kind of exhilarating, going back to it. I almost ran out of time for a story case and I had to carefully prioritize and route my survivor rescue attempts to make it to the case without letting anything time out. As much as making combo weapons and killing zombies, carefully managing time is part of what makes that game so interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It definitely comes off as working the refs from Sony, but that's not actually an incorrect statement (in the sense that the Activision Blizzard acquisition is a massive step toward further media consolidation, which is an inherent bad)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this deal would have major good implications for Xbox gamers and the future of the gamepass imho

It's cool for them until some pencil pusher looks at a bunch of spreadsheets and says "hmm, we don't need all these different redundant departments, let's cut half our new employees" or "single player games aren't selling well, we should stop making them," and they now control 30% of the industry so that decision is incredibly harmful

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hopefully the game's writing will be not-insufferable this time

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

negativeneil posted:

I want a GTA6 where after 2 stars the police are likely to just roll in and make the situation a million times worse, shooting the wrong people, yelling poo poo like "I AM FEARING FOR MY LIFE RIGHT NOW".

It wouldn't be clever or interesting social commentary, but at least it would get the next generation of gamers prepared for real life.

edit: Ive played only a few hours of GTA5. Does Rockstar ever satirize American police or is that off limits for them?

I don't remember them doing too much with that in 5, no.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Remember everyone to screenshot whatever posts you think might be interesting, many of them will not be long for this world

ok

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I don't really understand why you post every Skill Up video with no additional commentary in here. Not trying to be rude, it's just a little weird to me.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kilometers Davis posted:

It’s weird to share a video about games in a gaming thread? BP obviously likes the content and wants to share. What’s the harm?

If he thinks they're cool, he should maybe post about that instead of just spamming the links and saying nothing about the videos themselves.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Because I feel like it. :)

The description is in the video title? If you're aren't interested just don't press play?

That's not the issue. Keep posting them or stop, do whatever you want, all I'm saying is that you should just say something about them when you do. Legitimately, I'm more likely to watch one of those videos if I know why it's interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hopefully that means the Bloober Team rumors were fake too

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's a remake yea

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

None of those games continue the same story with the same characters, though

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Resident Evil also doesn't actually do that most of the time, nor is it open world. These are terrible examples.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Anemone Hug who worked on Hardspace just voted to join IATSE

Wow, good for them! Can't wait to see them on TV opposite Charlie Day and Danny DeVito!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No but really that's cool news

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Shrecknet posted:

which is why I asked. there's so many games with sequels that do not require playing the first so I asked.

As someone who's ehhh on the gameplay, the story of Horizon 1 is the reason to play it. Don't skip it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Anyway, jumped back into Cyberpunk on PC for an hour tonight after playing like two hours of it back in July. This time I was getting a weird issue where the game would run great 98% of the time but sometimes when I left a menu the game would hiccup and lag for a bit before resuming properly. I updated my display drivers though, so hopefully that's fixed now.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Real hurthling! posted:

Me watching his ds2 enemy tracking video :yeshaha:

Me watching his why is there no nword in bioshock video :yikes:

wait wtf

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

youtubers: not even once

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Vikar Jerome posted:

is there any decent undetectable hack that lets me use my dualshock 4 on ps5 games????? i got a stonk on for cyberpunk and my goddamn dualsense is still fried with no replacement

also has anyone watched cyberpunk edgerunners???

I've only seen the first ep of Edgerunners but people are really into it. Though apparently the subs on the later eps are hosed in some way. The dub is good though, it eventually has Giancarlo Esposito in it for some reason.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Nah, they're apparently badly edited in the sense that they're garbled or wrong in some way

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

fridge corn posted:

It's the same studio that did kill la kill, the show that made me stop watching anime altogether, I think

Kill la Kill is very bad but they also did SSSS.Gridman, which loving whips. Probably one of my favorite shows ever.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I think TLOU Part 1 has an option to mirror the world every time you die, so it probably has a straight up mirror world

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tunic is extremely good. Don't look anything about it up.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Escobarbarian posted:

I already bounced off one isometric Zelda-like this year with Death’s Door

Death's Door is also extremely good, though disclaimer that I played both it and Tunic on PC Game Pass so it's not like I bought them

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I haven't played much of the Final Cut, but that's just because I burned out hard on Disco Elysium because I LP'd it over the course of a year. I keep trying to go back and see the new stuff but I have a hard time reacclimating.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/1575158901397504002?t=wnYyT1dIDfUjvIfEHLZp0A&s=19

Lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

google strikes again, lmao

https://www.theverge.com/2022/9/29/23378713/google-stadia-shutting-down-game-streaming-january-2023

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The worst part of calling the genre title "Soulsborne" or "Metroidvania" or even "roguelike" is that pedantic jackasses will insist you talk about Souls, Metroid, Castlevania or Rogue without using the genre name. Like, gently caress you, Rogue is a roguelike, you know what that means when I say that and I'm not going to invent a new genre called "rogue" with only one game in it to satisfy your weird anal-retentive need for absolute precision here.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Please for the love of god, a new Ape Escape, I'm so thirsty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Kilometers Davis posted:

"ps5 no games" meme is so boring zzzzz

PS5 thread has no jokes