Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Final Fantasy 7r 2...the greatest final fantasy of all time... out now. ONLY on eht pee ess five :praise:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Augus posted:

ff7 rebirth is extremely good

Final fantasy 7r2 is the greatest game of all time!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

man nurse posted:

It is pretty funny walking into a room and hearing a clattering of physics objects from your party members walking around

They knew this happens and decided to keep it in. I love their delibrate design choices

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Queens Blood is incredible! I love the on the fly captivating strategical thinking + chess like aggression and utilization.

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
It really is

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Got queens blood song stuck in my head all day

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Paracausal posted:

I think that FF16 is just really boring. The plot, characters, world, even the game play becomes mash the cool downs, a character action game with no teeth.

All effort was concentrated into making s tier cinematics. Pray yoshi p never makes a single player ff ever again

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

unattended spaghetti posted:

I’m really looking forward to Rebirth because Remake is at its weakest when you’re stuck in these micro hubs doing phoned in sidequests. Everything else about it is aces but I am not a big fan of that. I was thinking about skipping them until I got the loving nail bat from a sidequest in sector 5 so now I really won’t because I don’t know what other important stuff might be tucked away behind them.

But guys, I’m having just the most revelatory time with Remake rn. So many ancient memories lying dormant just waiting to be triggered by all the reverence and awareness of the original in this. Over and over I’m smoked by another long-forgotten moment or scene or interaction. I’m cynical as hell about nostalgia bait but holy poo poo these guys just get it right and I’m so glad I have the rest of this to finish and then Rebirth after.

You could skip but intermission the yuffie dlc for remake is worth playing too. Really fun and neat package wrap up of remake

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I appreciate that they made Yuffie even stronger. Shes so nuts. I love the talisman that gives atb off abilities too

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hope everyone has a great weekend playing ff7r2! :cheers:

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth is the greatest game ever made!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Rinkles posted:

I remember one of the devs name dropping the Witcher 3 as inspiration for how they wanted to handle sidequests. Does that come through?

E:re:Rebirth

I find the side quests to be very good by gaming standards. its not always go here, do x, turn in repeat. the side quests have this progression system to them that keeps their story going.

as for open world design yes theres a bunch you can do, mostly combat challenges (and combat is the best part of the game) but i think just the sheer amount of stuff along with sidequests, varied music and environments, ridiculous cinematography/writing/storytelling makes this one of the more unique games in the open world sphere. its hard to really call it open world because the story just keeps going and you keep going to the next place and its just More Gameplay More Fun. its so good. also minigames galore

veni veni veni posted:

That makes them sound like FF16 which had easily the worst side quests of any game I’ve ever played in my life.

not at all. i was eyerolling thru 16s quests. these are good and fun

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 13, 2024

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
yeah the quality of the games is very contrasting..i hope the rebirth production crew doesnt take "low sales" as a means of changing up their overall game design

e: VVV gently caress yeah im definitely copping some tickets

cheeseboy58 fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Mar 13, 2024

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

fridge corn posted:

For the record I don't really care about Stellar Blade's horniness or the commentary about it woke or otherwise. If I did play it I would 100% be having to answer some difficult questions from Fridgelina lol but thats besides the point.

The point is that Stellar Blade comes out day(s) after both Eiyuden Chronicle and SaGa Emerald Beyond, two games which are stone cold slam dunk day-one buys for me not to mention Dragon's Dogma 2, FF14 Dawntrail, Shadows of the Erdtree floating about.... AND I've got my physical copy of BG3 shipping out supposedly very shortly. ... I hope Stellar Blade ends up being a cool game but it can fucken wait :colbert:

This year of gaming is gonna be just as good as the last i swear

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

On Hard Mode free beds no longer replenish MP, but cushions used on the chocobo benches do.

Ah man. Chapters are long though so i get it. Remake was really cool how you had to carefully use mp. I liked it a lot. Are items off limits again?

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Bugblatter posted:

While we’re talking about post-game unlocks and FF, I have to say I really appreciate Rebirth’s post-game replay options. It’s extremely robust. Not only can you replay any chapter at any difficulty level, but you can also choose which parts you want to replay. Want to redo chapter 6 but there was one quest you hated? You can mark it to be autocompleted. Did you love a minigame and want more? You can have additional stages for that minigame added to your replay.

The replay menu basically lets you tailor the game to be your personal ideal experience. Are you like me and you just want a pure action game with no frills? You can turn it into exactly that.

Oh badass thats so cool. Looking forward to it

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Im a 60 fps freak and ive been playing on quality because it looks a lot better and 30 fps is fine for this game

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
FF7R2!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Arist posted:

The Time materia is, unfortunately, extremely good

Been magnifying it at beginning of battles

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

JBP posted:

How does magnify modify spells that don't do a damage/heal? I use magnify primarily to protect/shell the whole team or to drop thundaga on everything that is alive depending on the context. I've always wondered whether it makes defensive spells worse.

No idea. When haste goes away i just do it again cuz i have a lot of atb

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

acksplode posted:

Sounds like they kept the core identity intact. Ambitious and weird and with some rough edges. The most negative review I read so far complained that DD2 doesn't respect your time because fast travel is limited and side quests can have time limits and opaque guidance and be failed. :yeshaha:

gently caress yeah

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Helldivers to me is the best parts of deep rock galactic and then you get nukes to cast down on top of it. So much fun, been having a blast with friends

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Shoutouts to Queens Blood best minigame of all time

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Definitely a take your time game. Havent had a game go on this long in forever. Even 2 playthrus of remake wasnt this long lol

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Shoutouts to all the minigames theres a lot of good ones and also shoutouts to the amount of content in ff7r2!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Wamsutta posted:

I was able to get A on Tifa's theme and thought I liked the piano minigame and then every single other piece has made me go "lmao absolutely not happening". I still think it's cool but I don't think I have it in me to do it and I'm gonna have to be ok with missing out on whatever the rewards are

Its just practice. Was able to land As on them after 3-4 tries

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Fyi theres a nasty bug that was introduced in latest ff7r2 patch that makes u unable to complete a grand sidequest near the end of the game. You have to reinstall to pre patch game if you have physical version, no luck for digital atm

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

ImpAtom posted:

A game has to be extremely good for me to overlook the creepy feeling the developer is leaning over my shoulder and going "Heh, bet you want to masturbate to this, ehhhh? That's my fetissssssh" like some kind of horny ghost and Stellar Blade does not look like it will be that game.

Yeah i dont like this abou5 video games in general

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Helldivers 2 is so much fun!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

Hoffadoff posted:

I agree 100 percent. I'm very very bad at it but I'm having a blast blowing myself up in the fight for democracy.

Running away from terminators i dove over landmines like a cinematic movie and my buddy DOMES me with the tesla gun. loving laughing our asses off

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

The Perfect Element posted:

Finally playing through ff7 remake cos of all the rebirth hype.

It is fun in places, but the section I just played (train tunnels, then under the plate) was REALLY loving boring. I really hope there's not much more of that, cos I just don't have enough time in my awesomely exciting life to get lost in boring corridors like it's 2003.

I'm enjoying the combat, although random trash mobs are now starting to eat through my party in a way which tells me that I probably need to consider tactics other than 'just mash attack until I fill the atb bar, do a skill, switch character, rinse, repeat.

The anime grunting is off the loving scale, and anyone who doesn't recognise that genuinely can't interact with irl human beings paticularly often, and while it's distracting it's kinda funny and stupid so that's OK, particularly when badger does it.

I'm assuming rebirth doesn't suffer from the boring bloated corridors at all from the way you guys are talking about it, so I'm looking forward to getting round to that some time in the next five years or so.

Rebirth solves every thing you just complained about

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Hard mode is a ng+ thing since ur character stats/ materia have to carry over. You need this stuff. Its just chapter selects though, you can revisit anything in the game on normal difficulty or hard mode after you beat the game initially. I think its a good idea for ng+ing games

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
I loved that i would just hear badger sometimes its great

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
What plot. Just rip and tear poo poo

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020

exquisite tea posted:

People made a big deal out of the BG3 romances but they barely even count, only a few of them even bother to finger your rear end in a top hat.

The lead ups to them and the scenes are very funny

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Spent 6 hours playing helldivers 2 today. gently caress yeah!

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Yeah the mix of helldivers 2 and rebirth is gaming perfection to me. Back and forth between those the past month and not much else

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Stellar babe

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Majula song my beloved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheeseboy58
Dec 14, 2020
Stellar blade doesnt seem bad. I think the graphics look pretty good, i enjoyed what little music i heard a lot and the gameplay doesnt seem bad but a little wimpy. Funny enough the resting stations feel like a 1:1 coming from rebirth. I think i would pick it up if i could skip the cutscenes tho cuz igdaf about any of that poo poo. doesnt seem to be the case tho