Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Callisto looks better.

Echo Night: Beyond will always be the real dead space to me. From soft should give us a sequel/remake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

You all are crazy, that part of Endwalker (much like every part of Endwalker) ruled.

My only nitpick was the cutscene after the fight as a monk main and going "Why is my unarmed fighting so sloppy all of a sudden?"

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Been trying to play the new Final Fantasy Crisis Core and the game is bugging out so hard that it's impossible to follow the story. Every single cutscene has the dialogue text stay on screen for only a split second before skipping to the next line but the each voiced line keeps playing out in full like a Rick and Morty skit of people yelling over each other. It was funny at first but even restarting the game doesn't seem to fix it. Everything was fine up until I got deployed to Wutai and suddenly I have the shortest and loudest cutscenes ever.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

History Comes Inside! posted:

Did you turn on auto progress through dialogue in the options? Maybe that’s fucky.

I also just got to wutai and have no weird sound problems.

Auto advance is off on a new install and it keeps happening in the exact same point. Haven't had an crazy issue like this since spider-man and being unable to finish the miles mission where you go to the feast center because I would always fall through the road when crossing the street into a watery void below. That one also persisted between restarts.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Oscar Wild posted:

He's running from commitment. Those days of regenerative threesomes are what he craves.

There is a much better game about block pushing and running from commitment out there.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Arist posted:

Apparently the Zestiria anime is better than the game! (Not difficult)

It turned into the Berseria anime for two whole episodes so of course it was better.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Vikar Jerome posted:

FF13 is 13 years old today. Gee, tomorrow is the 35th anniversary... sure would be a good time to announce a remaster of the trilogy...

If you had an Xbox you would have this all right now.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

abelwingnut posted:

i know nothing about valkyrie profile or its successors but those screenshots interest me. are the old ones good? are the new ones good? are the installments connected? story-oriented or gameplay-oriented?

Final fantasy 13 lightning returns is also a secret valkyrie profile game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Gyro controls are always awesome. Lack of them in this day and age should be inexcusable.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Arist posted:

oh gently caress, I looked up the XIV tracks and they put the Brute Justice theme in there, hell yes

Brute justice is nice and all but they got the twinning theme in there!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Yes, but what if the playstation didn't take forever to boot up again to scan everything and yell at you for trying to kill it. Just skip all that stuff in about 3 seconds and get back to what you were doing before the power went out. Maybe some kinda quick resume.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Jose Oquendo posted:

My parrot does a 100% perfect imitation of the PS5 startup beep. Whenever I go to my gaming lair (with or without him) he starts making that noise

Lucky. Mine just makes the sounds of trucks backing up.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

You hold a button to aim and it lets you walk left and right like a person instead of having to turn, and then you press the gun button to fire a cannon. If you're feeling spicy you can shoot multimissiles to clear more enemies. Is driving the hurdle? I can't imagine the combat being the hard part.

I want to say that after the first required tank section you can go into the options and switch to an alternate control scheme that I felt was far easier to use including a mode toggle button instead of needing to always hold down a trigger to stay in tank mode. Why it requires you to play for a while with the default controls for a while or fails to even mention the other control scheme is beyond me.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

Didn't FF7 Remake spend something insane like 7 months not getting any patches when it came out?

Much laughs were had at the apartment door N64 quality texture.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

We are far overdue for a new Goemon game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

I wanna play this on the ps3 where it would have made sense

Haha, it will make even less sense when you realize that the ps3 version of the game's trailer is the ending of kingdom hearts 3's dlc.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Guillermus posted:

My biggest issue is that if I don't get to the boss of the 2nd biome, I virtually did nothing and need to start over again. I'd like to keep some upgrades at least but while the gameplay is good and the whole technical part, the roguelike part with no progression is killing me.

The biggest boost to being able to make progress easier in returnal is to unlock permanent weapon traits. Whenever you see a weapon that has a locked ability, you should force yourself to use it until it unlocks. These abilities make a huge difference in your damage output and survivability.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

cubicle gangster posted:

Recovering from dental surgery so that's probably coloring my opinion, but I tried to play the horizon dlc and forgot how annoying and fussy most of the enemies are to fight. The 3 waterwings right at the start sucked poo poo, it's just constant hopping around and dodging and trying to find a safe window of time to actually draw the bow and plink away with pathetic damage because they're moving too fast to properly aim at weak spots.
I remember in the base game I found fighting the giant snakes beyond tedious and this fight really felt the same.

Is the dlc generally considered more fun than the base game or am I lined up for more ultra fussy drawn out fights? Might just slap it on easy and burn through if so.

Another poor soul who refuses to use the ropecaster.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The final chase scene in silent hill got me a few times, then I realized that the phone tells you the location of all the items which made it super easy in the winning run.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Vikar Jerome posted:

4 free days in ff14 and i made the mistake of booting it up and playing it and i am once again annoyed at myself that i forgot how dumb the mmo end grind is cos i need item level to be a number before i can do anything and i only got 79k gil and i need 5 more item lvl points.

Game is so much better when you can dump easy to get poetics into a random end of disc npc for this ugly poo poo

Depending on what your strength is at queue up and get carried through any of the tier 1 or 2 normal raids(since they have no weekly limit) and take all the free loot nobody else is gonna lot on to get you up to spec to do current stuff.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah im gonna be doing that next time, im at 6.5 tho and i figured 4 days is enough time to get through it, lol. :negative:

you mean the daily stuff? i need ilvl 640 if i wanna get through 6.5 (i think) and i need min of 625 for the raid and a quick google said 620 for the first dungeon, the older ones give lower stuff like 610 unless im misremembering.

Not even daily. The Pandemonium raid series 1-4 then 5-8 (you can start here if your gear level is high enough) will get you enough gear to boost you up to doing the current content.

Though there is a lot of non end game content to do right now since they just started the new moogle tomestone event. Basically has you doing a lot side and less played content to get currencies for rare and hard to get cosmetics.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
The first Watch Dogs game had pausing that was disabled when you were invaded. Invasions in that game are not announced to the player, so I just gave the game a quick pause every once in a while to see if the game would still be running in the background as a check to see if someone invaded the game and I was being stalked.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Been hearing the echoes of a rumor of some new PS5 hardware sku dropping next week but can't seem to find confirmation on any of the usual sources. Might just be some digital console bundle? Anyone else hear anything?

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Necrothatcher posted:

Urgh Rebirth looks like a blurry mess in Performance mode on my TV. I guess I'm going to be using poo poo rear end 30 fps.

Unfortunately 30 fps is no longer an option now that parry is a universal mechanic without the need to equip materia for it.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

RareAcumen posted:

Is the yellow paint as big a deal as people were making it out to be 2 weeks ago?

The yellow paint in the first area was really not that big a deal, but the second area has a whole bunch of cliffs with giant chocobos and up arrows painted on them that are really jarring.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Chadley posted:

THAT'S IT!
I've come up with a new combat simulation!

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

thiccabod posted:

I sure wish we could get Mortal Kombat level production values on a fighting game that doesn't feel like absolute rear end to play

I feel this. It's like the one fighting game to me that has worse movement than tekken.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Play BBTAG, it's a good game.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

big nipples big life posted:

when are they going to do a 13 trilogy remaster?

Something something... wrong console.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

i heard it was the best indie game of last year though

Noted indie company, Nexon.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
My copy of Stellar Blade came in early! I don't know if it is because of all the time I spent grinding out the boss challenge, but it seems a bit easier than I recall in the post demo areas.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Baggot posted:

Wow I wish I could get a new game almost a week early. That's cool, please share your impressions.

Never underestimate the power of buying from local small game/hobby shops that don't give two shits about street date.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Stellar blade overnight trip report.

The game really changes once you finish the first zone and get to the town hub. The nier influence begins to show itself over the souls style once you start exploring the wasteland with side quests popping up everywhere and more freedom of movement and exploration without relying on unlockable shortcuts but instead plentiful quicktravel points.

So far character dress up seems to be the usual horny outfits that everyone expected, but I didn't expect hair customization as well. Some hair styles clash really bad with the ever present ponytail, but the option to shorten it helps a bit. Text logs out in the field not only drip feed out lore but also give you a bit of exp for each one you collect which can be very helpful in getting your skill tree filled out.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Augus posted:

i was just asking if they made the dodge roll better???

Dodge for the most part is the same, however you will quickly unlock abilities that will lengthen the perfect dodge window and let you do several dodges in a row. Exp for skill points is plentiful and you will have lots of opportunities to experiment with different loadouts with the ability to respec at any time with cheap reset items.

The game manages to stay fresh with new settings and gameplay elements with one sequence takes away your sword and forces you to use only a gun in a dead space inspired survival horror sequence.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
No need for any of the super horny outfits in this game when you can use the Kill Bill yellow jumpsuit.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I went through the hassle of getting a ps1 emulator working on series x (not convenient if your household doesn’t have a single non-apple computer!!). Outside of playing Digimon World, omega boost and the opening ten minutes of Tenchu I never played a lot of ps1 since I was like 5 years old. What are some people’s favourite games from that period? I remember xenogears is a thread favourite and I’m stoked on early From stuff.

Point blank, vib ribbon, Monster rancher, irritating stick, dance dance revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Protip: Getting hit by moves that turn you into a frog while you are already a frog turns you back to normal.