Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That's not really true at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Wasnt big on sable. It just doesnt feel good to control.

Yeah I didn't like it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Everytime people talk about Outer Wilds I feel like they played a different game than me and I want to play that game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I really really wanted to like it. in fact I have restarted it twice and put a decent amount of time into it, but there is just nothing I like about it. I'm tempted to give the PS5 version another go but I feel like it's futile at this point.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bop bop perano posted:

What in particular do you not like about it? I know you said you didn’t like anything about it, but Im just curious. As soon as I got into space and started exploring other planets I was hooked basically, I remember specifically going to the other side of the starting planet, timber hearth on my first loop, and seeing the giant dark bramble seed which prompts you to shoot your scout into it, which is basically a work hole that leads to dark bramble (and then you can find the exact opening from later which is cool) and flies through the planet and lands on the skeleton of an angler fish, then looking into space and seeing that my scout was way over on the other side of the solar system which immediately hooked me and I just wanted to know more, which I think is important, since the story sort of *is* the game. So if you read a bunch of messages using your translator tool, and nothing grabbed you, I can understand everything else about the game feeling boring.

I'm not into the way the game looks. A lot of indie games lately seem to be doing that super low detail textures mixed with a cartoony aesthetic and I'm not into it at all. It totally takes me out of it, which is not good considering I feel like OW is supposed to be super immersive. I wasn't feeling the exploration much, since I didn't care to look at what there was to find for the most part. I thought the on foot controls felt clunky and I couldn't stand controlling the space ship. people say you get used to it but I probably put a combined 4 hours into my 2 attempted playthroughs and always found the ship to be just about the most unenjoyable vehicle I have ever used in a game. Eventually I sort of got used to it but it never felt fun. Frequently I'd find myself on a planet with absolutely no idea what to do next and the gap between me figuring it out and being bored in between usually felt way too long. And once again during that time I felt like there was just nothing to look at. Just like, some low detail rocks with maybe some alien stuff if I was lucky. Everything looked like it was proc gen to me even though I knew it wasn't/ Sometimes I'd find something kind of interesting like getting deep into a planet and I'd die and have to start over, which is supposed to be part of the appeal, but the thought of flying there in that awful ship and finding where I was again was always extremely unpleasant.

TLDR I was just bored most of the time and didn't like the look of the game.

The story seemed like it might get interesting and I like the basic concept of the game, but I feel like just about everything would have to be executed differently for me to enjoy it.

Who knows. Maybe one day It'll finally click. I know people love it and it's not super long and I paid for it, so I haven't entirely given up on it. At least at this point it doesn't jive with me at all though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It should be abundantly clear to
anyone who has used both psvr and a modern inside out tracking headset why psvr2 being backwards compatible would be basically impossible.

I do hope a lot of games get free compatibility updates but the lack of BC isn’t a surprise at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodychill posted:

I continue to not be interested in VR until it’s wireless, doesn’t look like crap, and also can be used for AR. So like, 10 years off.

Er, when was the last time you played VR? Because all of those things exist right now and have for a couple of years at least.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The main thing about VR that has me disenfranchised has nothing to do with the technology, which has improved significantly since it gained traction in 2016 and everything to do with the lack of support from the industry.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Quest 2 actually got it's price raised by $100 so it's no longer cheaper than a Switch and probably wont be cheaper than PSVR 2. Quest 2 is pretty cool outside of the Facebook thing but it's still running on cell phone architecture so the games aren't nearly as flashy as what PS5 can do without wirelessly connecting to a PC which still has issues.

Sony ghosting customers is a concern for sure though, but PSVR 2 should be getting just about everything that's on PC so there won't be a shortage of games. AAA games...? who knows? It's very possible PSVR2 will be a good buy unless you are really that concerned about a single cord which personally I couldn't care less about. Would rather not have to deal with latency from wireless.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodychill posted:

If there’s a headset that’s wireless and lets you see around you and do AR and optimally engage VR, they’re not talking about it.

Lol you are literally describing a quest 2. The most talked about Vr headset for years

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

bloodychill posted:

Still needs a cable to really play anything decent. We’re not at the point where you can take an APU with the power of a 1080 or 3070 and matching processor and and get it small enough to fit into a headset with heat and power consumption in control, hence being a few years off.

It doesn’t. You can use it wirelessly with pc games

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Endless tutorials popping up when you suck at a game is trash, but the truly cursed poo poo is games prompting you to turn down the difficulty after you die like, twice.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Naughty Dog is funny because the parts where their games decide to offer unsolicited help are never not completely off base for me. It'll tell me what to do next when I know exactly what to do, but when I'm struggling for 5 straight minutes to find a palette or a hole in the wall there's absolutely nothing.

Despite it being my 4th or 5th playthrough, I actually turned on the L3 navigation assistant thing in TLOU about 2/3rds of the way through and it was great. I'd never do that in an exploration based game ,but not knowing what to do next in a totally linear game is annoying as gently caress and there are a few parts in the TLOU 1 that are really poorly communicated.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My favorite thing about PSN chat parties is how when someone tries to leave you can just keep putting them back into the party and they can't do anything about it lmao.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Modern Warfare 2 beta fun

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I wish Rockstar would do something other than GTA

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Did Skill up say that? I thought he said he thought their level design was crap.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Tbh as much as I don't care for Nioh the exploration is better than most Souls ripoff games imo, but I guess that isn't really saying much. It's still a joke compared to the real deal.

Can't comment Lo Dong I haven't played it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bugblatter posted:

Prodeus was fantastic even in early access. I do wonder if it will translate well to a gamepad though.

Like Doom Eternal translates perfectly because they fine-tune the AI around it (enemies are less aggressive behind you on every platform, but even more so when using a gamepad). Wolfenstein: The New Colossus made no such tweaks and was brutally hard without a mouse and keyboard as a result. Prodeus kinda needs that kind of console-centric fine tuning too.

I played through Prodeus on PC about a year ago with a gamepad and it feels great. Zero issues. tbh I think it felt just as good to play as the new Doom games if not better. Personally I liked it more than Eternal overall.

My only gripe with Prodeus (and I don't know if it's been changed since) was that the checkpointing was kind of stupid unless you care about scores. Basically you just respawn and all of the enemies you killed stay dead which makes it feel like there isn't really any challenge (although you will get a crappy score if you die a lot) Game could have really used a lives system or something. iirc the hardest mode doesn't have checkpoints but lol. No way I can beat that.

Otherwise it's the best boomer shooter I have played by a wide margin.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Macichne Leainig posted:

So I finally finished The Last of Us Part 1 for the Piss5, and here is my updated review after not being impressed by the first game at the start:

I just bought The Last of Us Part 2.

TLOU 2 is one of the most ambitious games ever made. It's insane how good it is. You are in for a ride.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The 3rd person perspective in that game looked really goofy to me and took me out of it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Woah I didn’t realize Ellie kept sams robot toy the first time I played tlou 2

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, we've got Resident Evil 8 and that's it.

Metro Exodus

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Not really, but he is somewhat former sci fi military I guess. And Doomguy is a marine and Chris Redfield is a cop. I assumed they were talking about mil sim stuff.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Regardless of whether or not that is true, it 100% is and always has been a money related move. Sony, more than any other company loves to use "next gen" as a way to squeeze more money out of people. They have yet to just make a native PS5 version of a PS4 game without trying to turn a profit while almost everyone else does it for free. Sony sees it as a bargaining chip/marketing tool/way to charge people more.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

As far as VR headsets go. PSVR 2 is basically everything I'd want in one atm. Obviously I cannot say for sure until I can try one out for myself, but I think games are going to look and play bonkers good on this thing. It's not going to feel like a slight upgrade from PSVR 1, it's going to feel like a multi generational jump. Although a lot of the features are already available on other HMDs, PSVR 2 sounds like it's got everything it needs to be a really impressive experience along with even more bells and whistles, and I'm probably going to be hype as hell come launch time.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The real gamble is going to be whether or not Sony provides compelling software support over it's lifespan. PSVR1 could have been much worse but ultimately I think it was a bit lackluster. If nothing else a million third party games will be released on it and and at least a percentage of them will be good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I’m holding out on selling my Rift S until I find out how easy psvr2 is going to be to use on PC. Gotta decent library I don’t want to lose access to.

I imagine it’ll be much easier than using a psvr 1 on PC but I really hope you can just plug and play via steam

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Sep 22, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

haveblue posted:

The only VR game that really ruined me was Battlezone, for some reason I was never able to handle that even after a lot of experience in other games.

Both rigs and battle zone made me sick and I’ve played games with way more instense movement with no problems.

Wipeout, no problem, lone echo, no problem. Battle zone barf.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah TLOU 1 holds up great for the most part, but playing it again after TLOU 2 I kept thinking about how much better the combat encounters are in 2. Especially against humans. There's quite a few parts in TLOU 1 where I got bored of an encounter and there was still 20 more guys to kill. TLOU 2 spreads it all out better and gives you much more interesting playgrounds to tackle them in.

E: I think most of the zombie encounters in TLOU 1 were really well designed though (although those are also better in 2)

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 23, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't know if this just shows that I'm bad with money, but if my Dualsense broke I'd just go out and buy another one instead of playing a game on my PS5, mirroring it on my phone and then connecting a DS4 to the phone.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I hope I don't sound too fire and brimstone, but I say make him pick up garbage off the side of the road for at least 2 months, for at least 15 hours a week.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Akira is just about the only anime I like, but I like it more than most things in the world.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

You guys are making me want to play hardspace but I watched some vids and I don't know if the gameplay would appeal to me at all. I dig the theme though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah Observation was pretty disappointing. The story is ok I guess and I liked the presentation a lot, but totally agree about the puzzles. Just non-puzzle tedium that wastes your time. I enjoyed it here and there but was often bored out of my mind.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Fix posted:

Please, Konami, make a good game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Of course I'm gonna watch it, but the trailer for the TLOU show really drives home for me that being a video game is an essential part of TLOU cause without it, it sort of looks like standard issue zombie stuff.

I'm sure it'll be fine. Looks like it sticks close to the game so that should be novel, but I'm still just like "do we need this?" I guess we didn't need a TLOU remake and I bought it anyways this is at least free to watch lol.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That's cool, I hope you enjoy it. Even though I've purchased that game 4+ separate times I still want to play the remake. Can you tell me if there's a 'Mirror World' tweak or option?

There is mirror world.

Theres a buttload of bonus stuff. More than TLOU 2

E: This was clearly answered on the last page lol. I'm skipping around the thread.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Sep 27, 2022

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

VideoGames posted:

Not sure I can watch the TV show. We do not get HBOmax in the UK.

It's regular HBO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cyberpunk is a lovely ~immersive sim~, but let's face it all of them are. The genre never lives up to it's promise. It's always just shoot everything, go through the air duct or hack the computer and then just stand there looking at the other things you could have done like "ok" The whole genre is big on ideas and low on execution.

CP2077 does a have a really cool world and some really fun characters though and at the right angles it looks pretty stunning, which is why I like it.