Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Clive?
Clive
a
Clive
View Results

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity

fridge corn posted:

Save an extra 14% by buying discount psn cards on ShopTo

That's nice. Would UK vouchers work in the EU store? Because in euro's that discount is looking a lot less attractive (48,85 for the 50).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Yeah I can't wait to take out some goon's dumb character as pawn and go out to hear 'Wolves hunt in packs!'. Hope the pawn system will be there.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Fix posted:

They all seem like perfectly good titles, but there's no way in hell that I'm going to be playing any of them for months.

Me neither. Between Hell Let Loose years ago, then Fallout 76 in February, Battlefield 2042 in April and Chivalry 2 last month I have so many hours into those PSN "free" games it's good value for money to me. Coming to think of it, a lot of the games that really captured me in the past were monthly games. Thinking of Battlefield V, Rebel Galaxy, Deep Rock Galactic, Fall Guys, Rocket League, Onrush, Subnautica, Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen, Elite Dangerous. I have so many hours in those games and more and never paid for any of them aside from a few select DLC.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Do a thorough audit of the console settings menu. I'd recommend setting the controller mic to auto mute upon startup and adjusting the capture settings so that trophies don't record video footage. Notification Settings specifically has a lot of options to play with so you can minimize the amount of info pop-ups that occur during a game. There's more stuff in the OP if you need to upgrade your SSD or something of the sort, info should still be relevant.

Also, play Astrobot.

This is solid advice. Another thing is to not suffocate your privacy settings. I have some real life friends and I can't even compare trophies or see what they're playing. They also always set their online status to "invisible", such privacy dorks. Just open it up for friends only.
Also, Astrobot.

acksplode posted:

I forgot about the new passkey thing so I just tried to add my Yubikey. Turns out that you can apparently add hardware keys but logging in with them is broken, and since adding a passkey disables all other auth mechanisms, it's as good as locking yourself out! So stick with soft passkeys in a password manager I guess. But the good news is that if you do lock yourself out by playing with passkeys, account recovery is quick and easy as long as you have access to your account's email address and phone number.

I had the same issue and had to recover my account twice last week. That does work quite well. I feel like the passkeys are a great new thing in digital security, hope it will help my aging parents in their online security as well. But I think I'll hold out on it further, until the standard is a little more polished and until Bitwarden integrates it into their Android app at least.

Dewgy posted:

Helldivers 2 is a very fun game but one I get tired of very quickly. It’s exhausting.

I feel the same way. I see people here posting about how easy it is, but I'm playing with pubbies at suicide difficulty now and every time I drop I get sweaty palms and my heart rate goes up. The game is NOT easy at all.

JBP posted:

HD2 wears it's arma inspiration very proudly and I love that about the design of the game. I keep coming back because it's just layers and layers of emergent poo poo waiting for human error to trigger a glorious victory cascade.

Yeah the emergent gameplay is the awesome part about HD2. There are a few games that I keep creating video shorts for, like Hell Let Loose, Battlefield and Chivalry 2. Stuff like this is a lot of fun: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dAq59h10Xo

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Forgot to add, but keeping your online status "invisible" is really the lamest of lame moves if you like playing with friends or being social at least a little bit. It makes me play single player offline games because none of my real life friends are online, when in reality they are also playing and we could meet up together and play any multiplayer game or at least set up a voice chat for shits and giggles.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

Dragon's Dogma has to be one of the weirdest video games series to ever exist. So many of the design decisions are just flat out baffling. With the first game I chalked a lot of it up to developers that had never made any sort of western style rpg throwing poo poo at the wall to see what stuck. But DD2, despite being much bigger and better looking basically adds zero QOL stuff to the original. I have to think that most of these ridiculous things are in fact, very much by design. But in so many ways it feels like something made by an insane person. The level of inconvenience the game can throw at you is almost unmatched. But also like the first one I'm addicted as hell and can't stop playing it

I wish Helldivers 2 wasn't so much fun as well, because a few days ago I also started spreading democracy in Vermund and I don't see myself fighting Terminids and Automatons anytime soon.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

fridge corn posted:

More Elden Ringing last night. Well on my way to my str/int build. In contrast to my first blind run of the game, the second playthrough of immediately beelining to all the poo poo I need to power myself up for the early game is just as satisfying. I'm gonna do some good work with this meteoric ore blade I think.

The muscle memory has returned

I still want to replay this. In fact, I quit somewhere on the mountaintop of the giants, never even met the later bosses like the huge fire giant and of course Melania. But at this point, I'm kind of afraid to pick it up again. My muscle memory must be completely gone and I'd probably have to create an new character just to start from the beginning and learn again.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Planet of Lana (PS5/PS4/Switch release, 04/16/2024)

Looks like democracy is being brought to the planet of Lana.

Arist posted:

I was playing Helldivers 2 yesterday and I think I frustrated some rando I was playing with because I couldn't really hear the audio cue for moving the satellite tower into the right position, felt bad

At least you weren't summarily executed.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

obi_ant posted:

I haven’t turned on my PS5 in about two months. Was pleasantly surprised to see Dave Dever for free. It’s annoying that I purchased it about a month ago. But I just chalk it up to supporting the developer and those type of games. Even though they’re not an indie developer.

Only free for the most expensive PSN subscription right? I have like basic and it's not in the three or so monthly games.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

ZeeBoi posted:

Are the Steelseries Arctis Nova 7p decent headphones? Specifically for use on the PS5.

As a PS5 player who bought the Astro A40's I kinda wish I'd kept my HyperX Cloud I headset or upgraded to the III. The Arctis Nova 7p does consistently rank top or high in online reviews though, but I never tried it.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

I said come in! posted:

I wish Destiny 2 was a better game. If they would have just put all of the Destiny 1 & 2 story campaigns into the game, and you just played them in order, it would have been perfect. I am looking forward to starting over again with Destiny 3, assuming Bungie has learned their lessons (lol).

Sounds like you haven't.

(just kidding I will probably get it too)

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I bought a ps4 for Destiny 1

Same! The actual gameplay was just so much fun and the weapons and supers felt so good.

Sioux
May 30, 2006

univbee posted:

Fun discovery I made.

- Steam's breakdown of regions is insanely granular
- DPRK is a valid Steam region
- Helldivers 2 was available for purchase there before this blew up

I choose to believe Kim Jong-Un personally intervened to make this happen.

Imagine all those party drones playing HD2 to spread democracy across the galaxy. For Super Earth!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

Vintersorg posted:

I miss tiny Death Star though. :(

I still use its .wav files for my phone notifications.