Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deej-zeej
Sep 17, 2022
kanye's music in my opinion sucks, like really suck, his voice, his beats, everything about him in my opinion is poo poo, i don't really care if people get angry, his music sucks, kanye sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
why did you make a thread for this

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

it is true

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

drat got em

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Ye is the Brian Wilson of hip-hop, for good and for ill.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

His music sucks but everything else about him is 10x worse.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He used to be good. Now he is not a musician any more I don’t think.

I am copying this from the rap thread. Ok bye

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Yeah I gently caress with some pointless lists

College dropouts fave for me is last call. The song is good, Jay getting annoyed at kanye is good, and the whole story at the end is fun and charmingly stupid. I don’t ever revisit this album in full because of the skits and frankly the only songs on it that I really love are last call and slow jamz.

Late registration used to be my favorite of his albums, it’s too drat long and again the skits are waaayyyy too much. Even though these ones are actually funny. Anyway we major is the best thing he’s ever done by a lot, it has that perfect nas verse. Jon brion on the keys right now. This song is just so good to sing along to. It makes me happy. I gently caress heavily with this album. Even the stupid songs like heard em say. I could probably say something nice about every single song on this album.

Graduation is not the brick people act like it is. Flashing lights is definitely the best song on there but I Wonder is super good too. I know people hate drunk and hot girls but I like it. Big brother is good too IMO.

808s is influential but I don’t really like listening to it. Welcome to Heartbreak and Paranoid are both good I guess.

I think of the Good Fridays drops (not including the ones on the album) power remix and lord lord lord are the best. I know the sample flip on the power remix is the most obvious thing possible but it’s so well executed IMO. Raekwon’s verses on all the songs around this time period are so loving good. Wish they would have done more together.

My beautiful dtf doesn’t have a bad song on it. I don’t know what there is left to say about this album at this point, but. Devil in a new dress is my favorite beat on any kanye album, and both of his verses are great. I think I’ve blathered about this ITT already but Ross’s verse on this song is the best of his career by a mile, the beat switch is loving sublime. When the vocals come back in. gently caress.

Watch the throne is so much better than people give it credit for in this day and age. Leaving 4:44 aside Jay has been on a crazy downhill slope since this album. Guess if I had to pick a fave from this album it would probably be thats my bitch or primetime

Yeezus is actually prob my favorite kanye album these days. On sight is my favorite

Pablo is the last kanye album I listened to. I honestly don’t remember a drop of it. I was drunk. Sorry

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 21, 2022

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Why did OP make an account to post this thread though? Is OP skete?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
he has created some of the greatest music in human history but he has also made stuff that isn't so great

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

he has created some of the greatest music in human history but he has also made stuff that isn't so great

kanye ye yeezy yezus west: a land of contrasts

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I had a dream I could buy my way to heaven

When I woke up I spent that on a necklace

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Yeezus got me into hip hop as a dipshit teenage metalhead, and the fact that his first 7 or so albums span across a wide span of genres of music speaks to his composing ability.

My top 3 list goes 808s, Yeezus, MDBTF, though that's about my taste and not objective quality. MDBTF deserves praise for making a Rick Ross feature the highlight of a song, which by all accounts should be impossible.

Blue Labrador
Feb 17, 2011

Blue Labrador posted:

Yeezus got me into hip hop as a dipshit teenage metalhead, and the fact that his first 7 or so albums span across a wide span of genres of music speaks to his composing ability.

My top 3 list goes 808s, Yeezus, MDBTF, though that's about my taste and not objective quality. MDBTF deserves praise for making a Rick Ross feature the highlight of a song, which by all accounts should be impossible.

After listening to the albums I listed, the numbering still stands, but 808s is heads and shoulders above the others. The compositions in that album are incredible. Easily his magnum opus.

atrus50
Dec 24, 2008
i think these days you'd be better served as a fan of his fashion work than his music, which is a tertiary concern at best. getting mad at new kanye music is like getting mad at bezos when your amazon packages arrive late

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kanye is not really good.... he's the best. he's a different animal, and the same beast

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Edward Mass posted:

Ye is the Brian Wilson of hip-hop, for good and for ill.

UPDATE: he's now in the fat Brian Wilson period

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Blue Labrador posted:

After listening to the albums I listed, the numbering still stands, but 808s is heads and shoulders above the others. The compositions in that album are incredible. Easily his magnum opus.

I made it through the first 26 minutes of the boring as gently caress first track and turned it off.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

deej-zeej posted:

kanye's music in my opinion sucks, like really suck, his voice, his beats, everything about him in my opinion is poo poo, i don't really care if people get angry, his music sucks, kanye sucks

:haibrower:

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

atrus50 posted:

i think these days you'd be better served as a fan of his fashion work than his music, which is a tertiary concern at best. getting mad at new kanye music is like getting mad at bezos when your amazon packages arrive late

i mean his fashion is complete dogshit too so...

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

kanye seemed like a chud on tucker carlson (fox news). sorry.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

i mean his fashion is complete dogshit too so...

actually it is good. he is a genuine creative genius

Demilich Vocals
Oct 7, 2022

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBqrLgK5MME

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
yeezys dogshit brains may finally have gone too far :sadwave:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

deej-zeej posted:

Are you sure you don't mean Drake?

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
the thing is that his fashion line is groundbreaking, and even the runway show is great and unique and far more creative than anything that the major houses are doing except maybe balenciaga edit: or rick owens?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfrSDLXUWsc

but why did he have to make white lives matter sweatshirts!!!

ELTON JOHN fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Oct 9, 2022

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

kanye has progressed from the brian wilson of hip hop to the scientology of hip hop

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
:rip:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The dudes latest unhinged meltdown on social media is talking about wanting to kill all Jews, so yeah. Everything about this dude is continually garbage. He is a garbage person. If people are thinking about defending him and his music, now would be a good time to not do that anymore.

CatBlack
Sep 10, 2011

hello world
he was never good

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

ELTON JOHN posted:

the thing is that his fashion line is groundbreaking, and even the runway show is great and unique and far more creative than anything that the major houses are doing except maybe balenciaga edit: or rick owens?

Imo the yeezy/fear of god earth tones staple hoodie/sweatpants look has worn out it's welcome for at least a decade now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

hifi posted:

Imo the yeezy/fear of god earth tones staple hoodie/sweatpants look has worn out it's welcome for at least a decade now.

Nah it’s still sick

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
his clothes are derivative as gently caress. he's not making anything that wouldn't eventually exist if he wasn't making clothes. when he started it was all alexander wang knockoffs, then he was doing what virgil was doing, now he's in this weird middle ground of balenciaga and fear of god, with a little rick owens for flavor. it's nothing.

he's a bad person too obviously but like, my point is you can't even turn to his clothing for an example of something even mildly redeemable that he's responsible for these days

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

hifi posted:

kanye seemed like a chud on tucker carlson (fox news). sorry.

So did Ted nugent. Your point is?

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

ELTON JOHN posted:

this is legit embarrassing and awful even without accounting for his psychotic anti jew mental breakdown

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
calling fashion "derivative" is silly because of course it all comes from somewhere, but the fact is that even if you dont like yeezy, the clothing itself is distinctive and breaks the mold in a lot of ways. the shoes, especially the molded sneakers are very distinctive and original. and so is the runway show itself

also saying that a creative work would have come into existence even if the artist who made it didn't make it isn't really verifiable in any way and kind of silly if you think about it for more than two seconds

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014
anyway those are matters of taste and of course subjective so i dont really feel the need to go deeper into it, and definitely not a great time to defend his work given the recent uh things

Demilich Vocals
Oct 7, 2022

by Hand Knit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhV9VbxV3Rw
kanye is not good

thiss
https://fanatik.bandcamp.com/track/bas-1-electro-synthes

Demilich Vocals fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Oct 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
kanye bad and it's impressive that he's managed to become worse than his fans