Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

OutOfPrint posted:

I just couldn't get into Ender Lilies. The cost lacked any weight and the splash sound effect when killing enemies makes it feel like I'm fighting a bunch of water balloons.

Forgone was really good for a short one, although it's really linear with backtracking only for optional upgrades. Vigil: the Longest Night was a surprise favorite of mine, too.

Ender lilies was good. Sorry you couldn't get into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dang Haiku the Robot was so good. Highly recommend.
Onto steamworld dig!

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Beat steamworld Dig and steamworld Dig 2. Highly recommend.

I think HAAK is next

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Serephina posted:

I played/completed Steamworld Dig back in 2014 for 5.7 hours, and remember nothing of it other than it was 'meh' and I was really bored and desperate. Something about gemstones as you go down? Anyways, I assume the sequel is very different?

Yeah its much better. 1 was ok. 2 was good and more of a metroidvania with sequence breaking and plot

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

steamworld dig 2 was great. i wish the ending wasn't such a downer though :smith:

It does lead directly into steamworld heist which is also good!

Also HAAK is good so far. Any tips and tricks? Trying to play without a guide and have fun.
Is it easy to 100% or not worth it?

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Trip report. HAAK is one of the best games I've ever played

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

The Messanger soundtrack rules

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tortolia posted:

If you youtube search for Messenger "24 bit" remixes, someone took every song in the game and layered both the 8 and 16-bit tracks together. They're awesome.

I listen to this all the time. It rules so mucb

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Grime is so fun yo. Tough but fair

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I finished blasphemous and liked it a lot

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I still haven't finished Grime, but I think I'm near the end. I'm loving it still. If only I had more free time

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Tortolia posted:

Played through Timespinner. Cute game, not amazing. Really did hit the "what if Chrono Trigger had a metroidvania spinoff" vibes though and they nailed the SNES aesthetic. Worth a look if you want a largely simple MV to relax with.

Then I started on GRIME, since it seemed interesting and is actually free on Amazon Games now (their replacement for Twitch free games I suppose). Talk about a tonal and aesthetic 180. Very cool so far and creepy as all hell. Digging the character building and how the absorb mechanic plays into combat.

I just finished Grime. It's extremely good. Story is good and gameplay feels tight. It keeps getting better as it goes on imo and doesn't wear out it's welcome.

Also 8 Doors was fantastic and I recommend it for the aesthetic. The gameplay is nothing to write home about, but the game is cheap and on sale often. It's not too long either. Unless you want to 100% the map and get all the cheevos

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

I just 100% bloodstained ritual of the night. What an amazing game.

Anyone know when Prince of Persia will come to steam? I want to play it bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Its taking a lot of willpower to wait until prince drops on steam deck. I bought Grime instead so I hope its good

I really liked Grime. The end is very cool and they added some dlc semi recently.
Highly recommend finishing it even if it means ignoring 100%ing everything (which I did)

Edit: I'm playing Souldiers. It's fun. It has parts I dislike and some annoying side quests that are near pixel perfect 2 minute races that caused me to abandon attempting doing all the cheevos. Although it requires 4 playthroughs so that also helped me not want to 100%.
Still it's fun. I'm near the end