Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
op doesnt have monster rancher kaiju in it. extreme levels of fail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
idk ppretty funny the reveal that they willingly signed on w a guy convicted of investment fraud to get their bag. lie with dogs etc.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Relax Or DIE posted:

stux coming out swinging against prisoner reentry, unsurprising really

i treat everyone equally. whether you have been to prison or not, if you sign your soul over to insane finance guys do not be surprised when you find your soul being torn out.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Didn't you get an Apology Game from EA because of that?

I ended up getting Mass Effect 3.

Now Artifact and New World... those were complete money incinerations lol

new world was worth the money

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
it was actually really fun to play, the combat is great

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
theh best thing about new world is that its secretly runescape and everyeone got tricked into playing runescape, whic h is ultimately my dream.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

sony are so farking sad now lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
lookig forward to the tlou and hzd multiplayer games, thaht will be full of live service nonsnese bcos sony have said they want more live service and bought bungie for their expertise in making games overly monetized and miserable. for the players.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
no, the switch pwns

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Sony is loving insane.:lol:

I’m getting really sick of remakes in general. I’d rather just see things ported or at best somewhat light enhancements like what Nintendo has been doing with 3D Zeldas in the past decade.

its already ported, to pc. and ps5 can play the ps4 vers. they killed all of their jpn studios for this lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
anyone calling the switch a remaster console is a moron

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
also the first tlou remake was also stupid as was the uncharted collection. thish is what happens when you give the western side of the company control. horrible.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

FirstAidKite posted:

People have been remaking games from previous generations without any major visible changes since games were a thing tho

e: Still funny when it happens to big aaa stuff where it's just a glorified port lol

this is the first time its been the only thing coming out on the console from first party studios.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

in the case of the switch it makes some sense for Nintendo to rerelase like every exclusive WiiU game because nobody had a wiiU and also it adds portability. it is sort of justifiable for the early ps4 days because it had no BC to the PS3 and they had trouble getting games on it for year 1 of that console.

it makes no sense for the ps5 its idiotic

also its like 5 games, alongside a ton of other nintendo games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

the ps5 has been out for 2 full years and has 5 games, soon to be 4 bcos one is getting a pc port.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

SeANMcBAY posted:

Yeah in this case it’s good. Live A Live HD is dope.

I think Demon Souls PS5 is my least favorite of these. It’s incredibly technically but it felt like the art direction was only “how do we make this epicer” when it doesn’t really gel with what the original game was going for. You can really tell MCU obsessed Americans worked on it. I know a lot of people liked it but I really couldn’t stand it.

thankfully ps3 demons souls is fully play able on ps3 emu on pc at 60fps etc so you dont have to worry about the fail remake.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
it is

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

stev posted:

Why is Sony being ridiculed for releasing its games on PC and reducing the number of PS5 exclusives when that's an objectively good thing? I mean the Series X/S has zero exclusive games and that's generally considered to be a good thing. Lets encourage platform holders moving in the right direction. :)

bcos when they dont do that they make more good games, like nintendo is currently. i would rather want to pick up a ps5 or whatever when theyre cheap so i can get access to a substantial library of good games that otherwise dont exist than just lose those games. they shut down some really cool studios, bcos they dont make big enough games to be worth it as multiplats. it sucks.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Jay Rust posted:

I still don’t get this, like the logic behind “exclusivity means more better games”, Nintendo makes good games but so do other publishers

idk how to explain it any further if you can neither understand the clearly observable impact currently occouring in a platform holder going multiplat, or the simple economic reasons why shifting focus from platform exclusivity to multiplatform releases inherently lends itself to less risk taking wrt developmental outpuit. pretty basic simpel concepts with direct illustrations in reality.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
on one hand nintendo are producing a ton of first party games with no mtx in them etc. on the other hand sony bought bungie and said this

quote:

Sony expects to spend 49% of its PlayStation Studios development budget on live service games by the end of the year. By 2025, Sony plans to bump that to 55%, up from just 12% in 2019. By the end of 2025, Sony projects that it will have 12 different live service games of its own, up from just one now.

probably no relation between any business changes on sonys end and this new focus on development + culling of smaller studios under their umbrella lol. dont need ot think about it really.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
i mean it doesnt inherently lose money. i wouldnt say theyre floundering either, their console is selling fine, and regarldless of how funny it is im sure w the pc ports included theyre doing well off the titles theyre releasing/remaking/porting, even if theyre currently probably down coming off the back of covid lockdown money. what it does is change how they make money and what their aims are, and that is generally making less games and making the ones they do make more and more risk free. this is an overall loss for gaming. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for there to be less games made and for them to be more infected with horrible monetization and game design choices to ensure theyre a more profitable and consumable product. it is not a benefit to games as a form of media for a major platform holder and publisher to nuke a huge portion of their studios and staff because what they make is too risky and not mass marketable.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
well im sure its just a coincidence thaht out of the three platform holders, the only one that has stuck to strict exclusivity is also the only one that is still making games that you only pay once for, and about 5x more of them than the other two.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

quote:

Sony expects to spend 49% of its PlayStation Studios development budget on live service games by the end of the year. By 2025, Sony plans to bump that to 55%, up from just 12% in 2019. By the end of 2025, Sony projects that it will have 12 different live service games of its own, up from just one now.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
more broadly known as roguelikes

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
:twisted:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

yall all realize that the tiny list of "PS5 exclusives" is 99% not because of the handful of PC ports the hundred-million-dollar-marketing-budget crossplatform GaaS blobs
it's because of PS4/PS5 crossplatform games
which makes perfect sense, since the ps4 is already just a general purpose computer in a box and the ps5 is just a ps4 with higher specs. there is no game on earth that you can make on ps5 that you couldn't also have made on ps4 with a bit lower fidelity graphics (which 99% of gamers are just fine with). that is why there are no ps5 exclusives

the PS5 released on nov 12, 2020
there have been 413 playstation 4 games with release dates on or after nov 12 2020, according to wikipedia's list of ps4 games. that's more than one release every 2 days.

there are plenty of playstation games
there have always been plenty of playstation games

how many are not on pc already or going to be on pc soon, and worth playing. the answer is bloodborne and nothing else.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
thats the fighters spirit. congrats

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
lol

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Hwurmp posted:

are there any good games about milk

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1392820/Milk_inside_a_bag_of_milk_inside_a_bag_of_milk/

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1604000/Milk_outside_a_bag_of_milk_outside_a_bag_of_milk/

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

a.lo posted:

Despite all the positive hands-on impressions and trailers and footage shown, I'm still not excited for Sonic Frontiers. Maybe I'm just keeping my expectations in check so much so that I don't want to feel excitement until reviews drop and it's official that the game is good because I don't want to be disappointed with this.

I was against Lost World's concept since it ditched Generations' formula, but came around and was excited for it before it released. Reviews dropped and fan reception was mixed, so I didn't touch it.

Same thing with Sonic Boom, was really looking forward to the development since it wasn't Sonic Team, but that rush to launch resulted in a disaster of a game. Again, didn't touch it.

Was happy Forces returned to Generations formula, but was disappointed in Classic Sonic returning. I stayed positive, but immediately stopped caring when the avatar character was announced.

Never got Mania because I didn't grow up with the OG games and hadn't played them either, so didn't feel right to get Mania without playing the originals.

I am really hoping Frontiers is good.

I want to get another Sonic game again and want to believe in Sonic Team, I just really hope they get this one right.

play mania wtf

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Kerrzhe posted:

look what they've done to my boy! :negative:

its horrific lmao

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
they made his face clean

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

mutata posted:

Wish I could say I was doing well. Hope y'all are though.

im sorry, pls come back. im happy to leave if that will help. everyone would love to see u back.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

cheetah7071 posted:

i was expecting the trailer to be basically fine but forgettable hollywood whatever but instead it looks really really bad, the funniest outcome

this means youre one of us. hope this message finds you well. the situaiton here is deteriorating rapidly and we have to escape.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
:goofy:

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Kerrzhe posted:

35 or so minutes of that is just the "starting soon" screen for some loving reason

seriously why do people leave that poo poo in the youtube

its cos they streamed it onto youtube and then just let the vod upload. otherwise they would have to manually upload a seperate video, delist/delete the vod, and then make the video active.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
i dont think its intentional

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Macaluso posted:

There's several points where you go back to being in control and have to move to a different location. It's not actually a Hideo Kojima 3 straight hours uninterrupted

pls dont associate games that have actual acting and performances in them with the text box and emote game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
the old cods were a lot less oorah before the us military became advisors