Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

loving hell, PC froze completely again. That's the third time. I think it might be the SSD because 2/3 times happened after quiting a game from the SSD (Elden Ring and Pathfinder). Although it never happened with FFXIV...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

loving hell, PC froze completely again. That's the third time. I think it might be the SSD because 2/3 times happened after quiting a game from the SSD (Elden Ring and Pathfinder). Although it never happened with FFXIV...

Okay checking out it seems to be something about DistributedCOM? At the very least it checks out happening just before every freeze.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Already preordered it

Because I'm losing my retailer discount next month so I better get it now for 20 less euros, who the hell preorders otherwise (save for limited stuff).

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Remakes of forgotten jewels of the SNES to PS2 era are fine.

Literally making remasters of last gen games is like, no loving wonder the PS5 has 5 exclusives lol.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Stux posted:

the ps5 has been out for 2 full years and has 5 games, soon to be 4 bcos one is getting a pc port.

Since they're breaking the magic number might as well also port Demon Souls.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

No Dignity posted:

They confirmed it at release when they announced it as a timed exclusive before Sony made them pull that part

Yeah cause Sony wants you to buy a PS5.

It probably will because SE releases since XV have been going onto PC, even sidegame stuff like Octopath, Bravely and TriStrat.

FirstAidKite posted:

Real question is if ff16 will get a ps6 remake

Normally I'd say it would get a special finished enhanced edition but it's helmed by CBU3 who actually know how to manage a project so...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah, on one hand it rules to be able to play everything on my PC and Switch, but it does 100% lead to less game diversity and not using the console functionalities to its fullest.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Also they will totally delete text faqs and force HTML so they can insert ads more easily.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

You're all forgetting it's while also doing Cyberpunk DLC, a sequel and a new project as well.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Lmao at Overwatch 2, every single thing I discover about it is nuttier than the last. I was giving a though to install it just to get the OW1 player goodies and never play it because I ain't giving Blizzard metrics but between the phone thing and union busting I'm not even gonna bother infecting my new PC with Battle.net.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

That's absolutely lawsuit worthy if they didn't sign any liability waivers, right? Or however law works.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I stopped drinking sodas because they have me bad cases of gases and I should also control my sugar intake. I get addicted easily too, like I drank a bit of Coke to help me stay awake in the mornings and before I know it half the bottle is down so I 100% shouldn't drink that stuff.

What I should drink more are banana shakes, they're a great way to use bananas that are fine but started to sweeten/get smushed too much.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

GloomMouse posted:

make banana bread instead. idk if that's like better for you but i love banana bread so

It ain't a bad idea but seems like a bit more work to do weekly, shakes would be easier since it's just dropping milk and banana on the blender, I can add some ice to make it an ice shake even.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Gaius Marius posted:

Quick breads aren't difficult or time consuming with practice. Mashing the bananas mix your wet and dry combine and throw it in a pan. At any rate you can keep the bananas in the freezer until you want to make it. Or mash frozen banana to make fake ice cream

Oh yeah that sounds much easier than I thought, if I can just pan it.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

So today I discovered Windows Update can also offer in optional updates the BIOS ones, after checking out all options and my PC suddenly entering BIOS on reset and giving me a massive scare.

I really hope this fixes my ocassional freezing issue to cover for the scare it gave me.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'm having the nudge to get back into Zelda randomizers after YT's algorithm decided sinve I watched a Wind Waker one to drown my feed on it, but man I hate my anxiety making me worry about anything I download for the tracking. I just wanna bash my head finding the sword after clearing 7 dungeons...

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

It's wild hearing all these opinions about Dr. Pepper when I had never heard of the drink until I started reading American media? Here it has always been either a Coca Cola drink, Pepsi drink or off-brand from the supermarket chain.

Oh and also Aquarius, market as an energy drink no athlete drank which my mother gave me when I was ill and lost a lot of fluids, to recover them despite being so sugary I'm sure it made things worse.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The weirdest thing is Hale would absolutely be more expensive than Hellena so it can't be a money thing. Either they wanted to change the iconic VA for reasons (???) or someone on the development had something against the VA. Either way pretty hosed up.

EDIT: And if they wanted a new direction they could have just told her "sorry, not what we're looking for" and recast, which sucks but seems more reasonable than making an incredibly insulting offer.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Oct 15, 2022

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I'd argue that the female VA, both known for being mistreated and abused, does deserve their voice to be heard at the very least. Specially given the hundreds of stories of VA getting screwed over for petty reasons.

But I do agree we need more details because as it sounds right now Platinum just insulted her for no reason and went for a VA who would probably have been less willing to work for that price if Hale is really very union.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

All I could find is she implyed agricultural companies are putting products that increase the rate of autism which is, uh, a take TM indeed.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah even if she has terrible views nobody deserves to be hosed like that for their job.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

haha what posted:

so whats everyone playing today?

i wanted to play pokemon but i had to send my joycons to doug bowser so im watching jerma vods instead

Couldn't get much game time due to Japanese homework being insane this week but I got some levels in FFXIV Eureka and tried out the Cross Play beta for GG Strive. Bridget my favourite so far, nothing like making people suffer her yo-yos from the other side of the stage.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Shinjobi posted:

name one good game, I dare ya

Trans, the videogame.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Technically that's the PSVita pseudo psequel to Digimon World 1. The PSP remake got ported to the 3DS but never came here.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

reading between the lines it sounds like she gets damseled by Luka in the final stretch but these reviews have some really obnoxious content embargoes so it’s hard to speculate

Unless the game ends with Bayonetta declaring her undying love for Luka and marrying him I wouldn't loving call that comp het lmao Polygon.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Jay Rust posted:

I offer you my empathy, pc tech not working as intended is one of the most frustrating experiences in the world (afaik)

Same, tech issues and malware are one of the big sources of my anxiety because I always think of the worst case scenario. I'd like to apologize for any posting related to that and give my condolences to enema for all the issues.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I kinda wish I had more problems because my brain going "downloading this Zelda randomizer->PC hijacked, files lost, all acounts hijacked, no money, dead on a ditch" without much reason for it is not fun.

Sometimes I feel jealous of people who download Cheat Engine despite being bundled with malware and give no fucks about it. ai just wanna mod games and have fun.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

cheetah7071 posted:

you don't even have to download the oot randomizer, it steals all your money straight and leaves you in a ditch right from the browser

Joke's on you, I only randomize ALttP and WW (the latter being only a downloadable program and the one I referenced) so instead I'll just infect my brain with adware.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Thanks for all the jokes goons, I'm actually feeling better :unsmith: Maybe soon I can download Unity Mod Manager and play some Pathfinder with it without my brain loving me over. Or Origin to play the Sims but that's worse than malware.

Cause at the very least I use ad-blockers+other stuff, run the AV regularly and don't install random programs/run them as admin like jfc I wanna strangle anyone who recommends that last one for troubleshooting.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

My opinion of spoilers is ambivalent. I don't mind getting spoiled that much, and if it's game/movie/book I will probably never read I'll happily spoil myself since I'm of the opinion if a story is ruined by spoiling it it's not a good story in the first place. Spoiler culture for poo poo like Marvel movies and game VAs is dumb because it affects the product.

That said when I don't want to be spoiled of something (like XB3 or Bayonetta 3) I absolutely refuse to get spoiled and get annoyed by tangential spoilers (like the XB wiki spoiling 3 just by searching stuff on 1 and 2). Untagged spoilers should be a crime, if someone wants to spoil themselves let them but don't makle it accidental.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

I mean, if using one of the game mechanics already breaks the game's difficulty I'd say it's not very balanced lol.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Yeah. Someone saying EW is worse than ShB/HW or maybe even SB is normal.

That said not saying fridge corn is insane, I'm actually interested to see their opinion (hopefully not an insane one)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

fridge corn posted:

As someone who has studied and practiced Buddhism at points in my life I immediately recognised and appreciated the messaging of Endwalker, but I was also so already familiar with it that it didnt carry any significant weight for me. That said I felt the expansion ended very well, had some great character moments and I even got a bit teary eyed toward the end.

My comments are lacking in much needed context. Final Fantasy 14 is exceedingly good and Endwalker is no exception but I feel it is lacking in several areas and it failed to reach the highs set by previous expansions. Part of this may be down to hype and my of expectations of it from reading ppls reaction to it in last years goty thread and elsewhere. I understand why ppl enjoyed it so much but for me it didnt hit as hard. This may be due to simple personal preference to what I find interesting or enjoyable in a story and I appreciate Endwalker wasnt trying to tell that story. I dont think Endwalker is bad, I was just expecting to enjoy it more than I did.

"Oh, so it's a normal take." I say, casually throwing away a large rock.

Stux posted:

im very serious when i say its like harry potter or the office but for video games

last time I checked the developers didn't actively work to make trans people suffer so i wouldn't be so sure about that

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Hey guys, one rec from me: don't game with graduated sunglasses, my eyes are super dry lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

are you saying videogames were also ruined by techies like how art is being ruined by AI art techies