Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

cheetah7071 posted:

october is the month to play retro games you missed while you wait for the real stuff to come out in november

im gonna play yggdra union, i think

Man I feel this. There's a bunch of releases from previous months that I haven't gotten to, I want to finish Lost Judgment before more yakuza games come out next year, I'm still only partway through Phantasy Star 4...

...And watch how I ignore all that to play more Splatoon and FFXIV. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Imagine what we could've have if the 64dd worked out

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Barudak posted:

All this talk of worst silent hill and nobody ever brings up Book of Memories.
Isn't that one a Diablo clone?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I think I especially like the spirit that's just a collection of eyes, that's cool as hell.

Only problem I have with the new spirits is that my spirit island box is already bursting at the seams and I have no idea where the hell I'll put these dudes. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got myself a soda stream and it's fantastic, I can mix myself some soda for like, a quarter of the sugar it rules

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Saint Freak posted:

Oh man, Monster Rancher 1+2 remaster, now whatever this is is actually coming to the west? What a great time for the good monster raising video game series.

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/1580213686647463941?s=20&t=sbDk-mGkU3w7hANHjrb43g

Gonna be honest, seriously didn't expect we'd get this

...I'll probably pick it up, I'm a complete sucker for monster raising games

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I know it's been said before but it's just so funny how much techbros are hyped about metaverse when it's like, leagues behind vrchat

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Whizzing Wizard posted:

that's the only one I've actually finished, which makes me disqualified to defend the series.

I just really like the goofy "Star Trek but it's an anime" thing it going on .

Star Trek but instead of any actual space stuff they just keep crash landing on underdeveloped planets and get roped into medieval fantasy plots

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I've got a pulled pork recipe where you slow cook the pork in Dr Pepper for 8 hours and it turns out really well, honestly

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Infinitum posted:

Same but it's Coke, so your pork doesn't end up tasting like medicine

Just sounds to me like you've got some pretty tasty medicine over there

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Actually while we're at it how does everyone feel about pineapple on pizza

I like it, I feel like the acid really cuts through the grease

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

galenanorth posted:

I never got how it's the Mushroom Kingdom but goombas are mushrooms who hurt you if you touch them, like are they part of Bowser's army which coincidentally also has mushrooms, are they supposed to be traitors to the kingdom, Toads under a curse, gruff civilians who will cut you for looking at them the wrong way let alone bumping into them, etc.

judging by the paper mario games, goombas are just dudes and some of them happen to be in bowser's army. pretty simple

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

truly spirit island is a map game where you play as the map

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My favorite is when you get that card as Bringer of Dreams and Nightmares, so that a huge chunk of the island has a dream where they all sunk into the sea, causing mass hysteria

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

FirstAidKite posted:

I forget what they did to fix that. It was a weird situation all around. Idk if babies and children are a thing in dwarf fortress but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they had their own similar troubles of the game's mechanisms working as intended to a fault.

Iirc the problem was that the game was treating the amount of beer on a cats paw as a full dwarf sized serving of beer, instead of just like, a little bit. So the cats were consuming an outrageous amount of alcohol by licking their paws. So it was fixed by just, lowering the amount of beer a cat's paw could hold to reasonable levels.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

this is how I know you haven't played SaGa Frontier lol

Nobody in the world has ever managed to make a monster party member better than a paperweight without pulling up this 17-year-old GameFAQs guide, reading it three times from beginning to end, and still not entirely understanding it but lucking into a weird crystal tree form somehow anyway

Hey now, that's not entirely fair, they might've used this guide instead. :v:

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Honestly sparking is the easier one, because you can just ignore all the actual mechanics, look at the move tree, and run to the Bio Research Lab to spark what you want

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

oh poo poo wait i didn't realize that mastery increases the chance of sparking arts

oh but you need magic mastery for gun arts? I mean I get it I guess but drat

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

It's kinda funny how almost every character has at least one DSC move that's not in their preferred moves list so there's always at least one move that's really hard to spark.

It's one of Emelia's biggest strengths, because she can switch her talent list to learn DSC really easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Incidentally on the subject of SaGa games, I've always been fond of Romancing SaGa 3 because I really feel like it does the best job of that open world feel they're going for.

It's an RPG where, after the prologue, you really are free to go just about anywhere, do anything, recruit anyone. There's a main plot too but the game really doesn't give you any guidance, you'll just stumble upon it eventually (probably).