Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1576274176973090816?t=jEkAyiJ_YRifWf0GXaYLcg&s=19

We can never keep nice things :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

https://www.vg247.com/sonys-first-party-games-pc-at-least-a-year-after-playstation

Not a huge surprise but knowing you'll have to wait a year to play ff16 is not the best feeling.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

For real.

I missed this yesterday but Konami put out a trailer with side by sides for the Suikoden remasters.

I think it looks pretty fantastic. One tiny little thing is the battle numbers though. They went with the most basic office font, nothing like the originals.

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/1577350046277767168?t=WblgzqsZEVV2pdycJTEqkQ&s=19

E: oh poo poo missed this too. It's a whole reworked translation, to make it "more in line with the japanese script" because they were able to increase the dialogue box sizes. Holy poo poo this may be a really good remaster

https://nintendoeverything.com/suikoden-i-ii-hd-remaster-translation-improvements-comparison/

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Oct 6, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

I am staying at a small beach side town this weekend that looks like Silent Hill. It is super foggy and a air raid siren just went off lmao. RIP me.

Take pics!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Viewtiful Jew posted:

What doesn't make sense is this is a game with all union actors, Hellena is part of the SAG/AFTRA union I believe, but everything sounds off then if it is a union production? Or that Jennifer Hale being basically one of the biggies behind the Voice Actor Union and the strike from a few years surely wouldn't have been okay with how these events played out.

Yeah Hale doesn't strike (:haw:) me as the scab sort, something isn't right here.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Was just about to post, wtf does that even mean?

Now we have two people calling the other a liar

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

poo poo I missed Mirror's Edge talk? Adored that game and I'm Still Alive still comes into my head unbeckoned at least once a month.

Also Silent Hill reveals October 19th, Suikoden remakes around the corner, Fatal Frame slowly but surely getting re releases, I'm really enjoying this period.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

gently caress didn't Elijah Wood say he loved Silent Hill? I forgot about that

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

~80% of all things that carry the silent hill brand have been bad, how could anyone be excited

I've liked every Silent Hill game :colbert:

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Hold on I'm gonna go to gametrailers.com and watch the newest Arkham Asylum trailer

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

VideoGames posted:

This is fantastic. :)

I beat Inscryption yesterday. Wild time and a LOT of fun. I have an appreciation for deck building games now. I wonder if I own any more somehow and can give them a try.

Also it is really nice to be playing banger after banger after banger. This year has been stacked - every game I have beaten, except 1, is at least 10/10 which renders the whole scale off the charts.

The thing about Inscryption is that, like Pony Island, you walk away with a bitter sweet feeling of knowing there is absolutely nothing else quite like it, it kind of holds its own spot.

You said FF X-2 next year? I'm counting the days

Jay Rust posted:

Well. That’s impressive

Or insanity, or incredibly low standards when it comes to that specific horror niche. Maybe both.

Downpour had a cool Silent Hill proper. Homecoming had the Scarlet level. Idk a couple of them aren't quality games but I love them.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Oct 17, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Then you have fantasy games where, like film and TV, everyone just speaks bri'ish because

E: now that I'm thinking about it I want a fantasy rpg with surfer dude and valley girl accents everywhere

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Blue Labrador posted:

I have friends who really love playing Commander-style Magic, but the one time I played with them, they got a little salty that I specifically went after destroying their lands with control cards to stop them from getting their engines started.

So from what I've seen from memes and jokes I think that makes me a mono-Blue player at heart?

Similar story, friend wanted me to get into magic when the "Shadow over Innistroud" packs were coming out. I got the green/black pack because the mix really appealed to me, beat my friend the first two times we played (beginners luck of course) and he didn't want to play aginst me anymore. I'm just thinking about playing one of the online ones.

I didn't have a lot to compare to but I liked that deck.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Oct 18, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Sims 5 in dev!

https://twitter.com/lilsimsie/status/1582434234043891713?t=wAP3NO_P2Sr7QJfw96cJ-g&s=19

Polygon: The Sims 5 is in early development, has cool new build mode.
https://www.polygon.com/23404750/sims-5-project-rene-announcement

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

Has anyone played this SCP Secret Files game?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1718130/SCP_Secret_Files/

I'm curious if it has combat or chase/hiding sequences. I like the idea of an SCP game that's much closer to a walking sim cause it feels like combat against dangerous SCPs is just such an obvious route when there's just so many SCPs that aren't just "scary monster"

Very much the same question for the exact same reasons. When I first learned of it I was really hoping for something vaguely like Control tbh

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I feel bad I can't really enjoy Kojima games for some reason

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

The Youtube page for the Silent Hill thing is up and they already let one thing slip in the description, though they've removed it.

Silent Hill 2 remake real.

We're getting Blooper SH2 remake, a No Code episodic entry, with Ito working on the next mainline!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oxxidation posted:

completely pointless, just give us a working port for god’s sake

On one hand, yeah very true, on the other

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1582487064297472000?t=V25HdquPKkBp4omZYNF3hQ&s=19

Graphic Fidelity

Harrow posted:

Do people actually like Bloober Team's games? Because they seem to be doing fairly well for themselves.

Outside of here and Twitter I don't usually hear any scathing opinions

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Volte posted:

What did Bloober do besides release a mediocre game (allegedly, I haven't played it)? Whenever their name comes up everyone acts like they did something horrible but I can't find anything online.

If I recall, some weird logical reaches of a guy being a victim of the nazis and turning into a pedophile. The ending is also just really...ugh depressing :(. It wasn't great to be sure, but Bloober is a huge team who just needs(needed?) a new showrunner. Their artists are talented as hell.

Blair Witch wasn't what I would call bad at all (huge Blair Witch fan here, so take that as a bias) but the mental illness link for the main character also rubbed some people the wrong way, which I get.

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Oct 19, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Metadata for the Silent Hill youtube stream has leaked, yeah they're showing everything they have today, gently caress yes

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I said come in! posted:

It's not a mobile game right? Is it bad that is the first thing my mind jumps too since this is Konami?

Titles have leaked. Silent Hill 2,Transmission, Ascension and "f", so this lines up with everything, doesn't appear to be nasty "diablo mobile reveal" levels of surprises

E: Transmission absolutely has to be Sakura/SMS, the teaser game which is not mobile afaik but again not 100%. Steam is in the meta data with these titles

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Oct 19, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

NEO TWEWY is out on Steam now

Oh poo poo! That's a buy

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Waffleman_ posted:

I think Transmission is just their name for the video presentation.

Oh duh, you're absolutely right!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

hatty posted:

Why can’t Konami find a developer with a good track record to make a silent hill?

No Code are wonderful developers, they're making Silent Hill Townfall

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Oct 19, 2022

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Whizzing Wizard posted:

I guess it's cool if some developer is getting their unrelated horror game funded by slapping a Silent Hill logo on it.

We saw reveal trailers, which game do you mean and why do you think it's unrelated to Silent Hill?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

So are the people who made the first Silent Hill movie making this new one? I know there was another Silent Hill movie that was made but I never watched it and heard it wasn't very good, but I honestly enjoyed the first movie and if the same people are working on this new one then I'm totally down.

Yup! Ganz was the first movie, not the sequal.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Whizzing Wizard posted:

The one set in 60s japan doesn't exactly scream Silent Hill to me.
It's a cool concept, and as I said it's probably the only way to get that project got made and maybe it'll be good, who knows

You're absolutely right, it is outside of the usual purview. Original team members had plans for taking the series other places, they felt there was a lot of untapped potential. The franchise is getting that chance and I'm pretty optimistic!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

The 7th Guest posted:

also gently caress annapurna

Why? They published wonderful games like Kentucky Route Zero, Stray, Neon White, Edith Finch etc. Not every game they do is for me but I like the games they give a shot. There's a controversy I assume?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Well that does really suck

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Last Celebration posted:

Can you disable Twitter from using the translate option? Because I think he did that lol

Nope still translated, I just had to click on it and go to the app. Dude's a xenophobic dick

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Stux posted:

this. all japanese and also other nations ont hisi planet MUST bow down to americans talking english at every object they see and becoming incensed when the result is anything but politely bending the knee, as is required. if they dont theyre racist against americans. simple as that.

I was talking more like calling English speakers insects for forever

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Stux posted:

english speakerrs are insects. and american are pig. any further questions.

What's your avatar from?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oof

https://twitter.com/EXPayline/status/1583159409014108161?t=M0aU-Tm9NkyCg4rX4jMLmA&s=19

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

I just wanted another Arkham game :(

E: I know, Suicide Squad is coming and I'm hopeful, but still

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Who gets to play Batman and who gets stuck with Batman Jr is going to be very illustrative of you and your friend's dynamics

Apparently Batman is dead in Gotham Knights

E: beaten like hell

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Arrrthritis posted:

I felt very proud when I got Okami on the first screenshot.

Ah you made me think about Okami, thank you!

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

exquisite tea posted:

Kids these days complaining about "grinding" for a new gun decal or whatever don't know the struggle, how about trying to get a Psycho Wand that was a literal 1/10,000 chance from a monster that appeared maybe 5-6 times in the entire dungeon depending on your Section ID.

PSO's drop rates were seriously no joke

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Is this like those Christina vs Brittany fights we had in the 000's?

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Macaluso posted:

No. CRJ having a sword means that she's the knight and Taylor Swift is the princess and they smooch

Tbf Christina and Brittany did too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Oh! was this the same ad campaign Naomi Osaka was a part of? She talked about Resident Evil in an interview once and I thought it was cool Nintendo got a celebrity/athlete who actually played videogames to do a commercial, not one who was acting like they knew what one was.

E: for the record I loved both Brittany and Christina equally, I'm a proper gay

TheWorldsaStage fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 22, 2022