Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I loved OW1 so much for like months but at lot of little things killed my interest. My external drive with all my saved POTGs died. Their hero releases slowed down well before covid. They stopped doing cinematics. They changed the rules in how much competitive currency you get for the season where I was to get my first golden gun so I ended up missing it by a small amount of points (still sitting at that same number like 5 years later so we'll see how it carries over). My queue partner quit playing and I went over to Smite for a while. We're both going to come back so we'll see if it grabs us again but we were mostly looking forward to the coop PvE so of course that has been delayed.

Some important questions. Will five player games mean individuals have more pressure and responsibility? Can Blizzard capitalize if this takes off again? Any chance they have a tv series in the works after seeing how well Arcane did? Do they have the lore sorted out any better than the ugly mess it was? Does someone have the "Blizzard: War is hell. Overwatch fans: This is the mommy, this is the daddy, and this is the baby. They're going to McDonalds" fanart?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

How is Sigma? Haven't heard much about him.

I got in just long enough to see some of the changes and characters added since I left. Looking forward to playing this weekend.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

F.D. Signifier posted:

magic has always existed in overwatch, what did you think ryu ga teki wo kurau was?

Nanomachines, son!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Is Moira's range longer than the graphic or was I just lagging or something? I last played OW1 just before she came out. In OW2 I've had a few instances where I was, ahem, strategically falling back, and I'd die to her despite being across the room. With her POV on the death cam I'd see the beam end several feet in front of me but I was still getting shredded. On a sprinting soldier 76 for the last instance.

I played a ton of Symmetra in OW1 so I'm used to the beam lock-on, not having it feels wrong to me. I also lost all my Roadhog skills, he was my second most played in OW1 and I'm terrible with him now. I think I have just enough bad habits and wrong info from early OW1 that I'd be better off coming in as a brand new player.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's incredible how a match turns around when someone switches to sombra and keeps jumping me.

Well eat poo poo, then it becomes brig time.

AndNowMax posted:

Played as Brig the other day and kept getting dumpstered by Sombra. She’d hack me and then one-clip me before I could get my shield/cooldowns back. A couple games later I played as Sombra and just ruined the game for the enemy Brig; she couldn’t turn around fast enough to block the hack and her stocky hitbox was pretty easy to hit from just outside of flail range.

Anyways it’s a really weird meta when Sombra hard-counters Brig, so she probably needs a nerf right quick.

:iiam:

I had a mosquito Sombra in mystery heroes last night who would destealth hacking me, start shooting wildly, teleport out the instant I shoot back, then repeat like a full minute later. Then later that team got two Tracers. It's like gently caress off, I just want to get back to my team.

Vermain posted:

you're probably getting dinged by poison orb, as it has a fairly large radius and is what most moiras will throw out like 90% of the time if their team isn't in a bottleneck where they can bounce it like a racquet ball against a wall

It was her beam as seen on the killcam, I wish I'd recorded it. I do see her balls flying around sometimes.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I hate getting Widow in Mystery Heroes and tried to suicide off her before remembering that doesn't work. Then the enemy Winston dove through my entire team just to kill me and my team went on to take the point so I guess Widow makes a good tank? The game obviously gave me Widow again on respawn. I also get Doomfist a lot. I'm positive the algorithm is giving me my worst characters. That said I actually got a few kills as Doomfist and he's starting to click with me a bit. Though I still overshoot his seismic slam too much.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

They started on the PvE mode and realized it wasn't working so now they are retooling the game into an mmo called Project Titan. Time is a flat circle.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I'm playing mystery heroes to reacclimate to OW2 after years away from OW1 and its a terrible idea and a blast. I'll have great runs on the worst characters I'd never play and get absolutely slaughtered on my "mains". I have like 16 hours on Roadhog as my most played from release until I quit. One of these days I'll remember I now have to manually shoot when I activate his ult. I get him infrequently enough that I forget in the heat of the moment and expect everyone to go flying and just stare at them dumbly while I die. Good times.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Mystery Heroes (or quickplay) question as some of these chars are still new to me. What's the plan to deal with Bob when he shows up? Like if he gets dropped on the backline while 6 tanks are having a pillow fight on the objective.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

leftist heap posted:

Bastion is fine lol

Lol just D.va right click him and have your whole team shoot him, so easy

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

dogstile posted:

There's a ton of charges I really liked, but this one was the first that came to mind.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EnergeticImpartialKangarooNotATK

lol go meditate over there

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The game is fundamentally broken anyway until Reinhardt can hammer a Wrecking Ball across the map for a clutch play.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Which new map was this actually broken on, because she's been doing that as long as the game has existed.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Gotcha, should have figured since there's several flyers and physics abusers that would break things harder than her wall if it was a map issue.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Jack's Flow posted:

Mystery heroes: turns out it is stupid fun. Also, makes me play chars I’d never touched before. Thumbs up.

It's the only mode I play right now and the range of skill involved is hilarious. I got my first ever POTG as Widowmaker by headshotting 3 people at point blank range while standing next to them in an alley. The replay showed 2 of the shots but the bulk of it was me going to get a health pack in between because I was sure they'd spotted me. The games are great fun to see which side inevitably ends up with 4 tanks and a Lucio led by a Zarya or two and RNG decides you know what you need is Tracer.

I actually had two people in voice comms in one the other day for two games and it worked pretty well!

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I had my own first in-game rage quit playing MH the other night. It doesn't really count because I had an immediate family emergency (turned out ok), but I was tilted, doing horribly, and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with anything. Dropped just after they took the second point in Gibraltar.

My first MH game back last night I get put into a game in progress at the very end of the same map, as Hanzo, into Rein, Sigma, Doomfist, Brig, and Symmetra, with ults. Quickest loss ever and well played Blizz.

Then did a point capture game where everything clicked, my team worked like clockwork, and I got 3 dailies and 2 seasonals done. Mystery Heroes taketh and giveth I guess.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

I liked the very early OW1 quickplay days of the Anubis map where you could litter the side rooms with Symmetra turrets then lure people to chase you in to their doom. Cracking that final point on offense was hard as hell but felt great when you did it.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

It's finally time for Jetpack Cat.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

kaleedity posted:

i'd play matroyshka rein

There should be an arcade mode where every character has a smaller version that pops out when they are killed the first time like D.Va.

edit: I vaguely remember seeing a comic like that during the first year or so of OW1.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

So they couldn't figure out Project Titan again. Tigole Bitties saw all this coming and got out while the getting was good.

I'm one of the brilliant Overwatch players who demanded PvE but never bothered playing most of the previous coop modes. I always throw myself into the meat grinder of Mystery Heroes so I can blame RNG instead of my own lack of skill when I get my rear end kicked. I'm going to uninstall in solidarity since I finished the battle pass last week, then we'll see what they come up with for next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

What's the best OW2 comp for mythic+ dungeons?