Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

So wait are there no more medals after the game? How do I find out how much damage I did or w/e?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Calibanibal posted:

so he's zenyatta's dad? or brother? sounds older so it can't be zenyatta's son

he’s omnic killmonger

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

yeah i have no idea who that mode is for because its just flat out worse in every way

unranked open queue is the purest form of overwatch

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Tracer doesn't have any weapon falloff <20m (it's supposed to be <13m), lmao.
She's probably gonna get removed from the game for two weeks as well.

According to a blizzard comment she’s been like this since the Halloween patch and nobody’s noticed lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The problem with OW2 is that it feels like if everything works the DPS are the only players that actually affect the outcome of the match.

If the matchmaking gives you a massive tank skill diff then that often decides games outright, but if everything works and the tanks are close enough in skill then it’s really just down to whichever team has the better DPS and gets picks. Healers really feel like they have no impact besides keeping the team from auto-losing

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Also, has anyone else noticed how non-Support queue times have improved DRAMATICALLY without any stated changed to the game?
How did they achieve that? Magic?

it’s probably support players giving up and playing something else or queueing for a different role, since queue times for everyone else are still pretty awful

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Boogan posted:

Widow absolutely shat on, though. I guarantee that gets reverted.

What’re the breakpoints that kill her at 175hp instead of 200?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

I want to know the reasoning behind nerfing Symmetra, a character that's been bottom 5 according to basically every pro player.

I bet it's "get hosed lmao".

Symmetra is I believe the single most winning overwatch character since like day 1 because the huge population of bad-mediocre players are completely unable to handle her turrets and so she low-key dominates at gold and below

e: this was 110% the case when her left click autolocked onto people it might be less true now but she’s still definitely top 3 winrates at gold and below

Scrub-Niggurath fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Feb 7, 2023

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Putting all six turrets in the left sideroom on Temple of Anubis ftw

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mercy just seems completely insane now holy crap

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The pansexual thing feels so weirdly forced to me. Not the character, just the way blizzard promotes it as if the sexual orientation of the characters is just as important as how they play and their mechanics.

Like, just have the dude hit on everyone in the pre-round dialogue and let the players figure it out. Instead of blizz’s explicit “announcing our new support, he’s Pan and he’s Here to gently caress”

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It’s big “randy pitchford battleborn rule34” energy

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Maybe I’m nuts but I preferred LW’s old controls. I simply rebound swap weapons to reload, and since the auto-reload was the exact same time as a normal reload, if I ran out of ammo or needed to refill my healing orbs I’d just shoot thorns for a second or so. It felt much more fluid than the current setup where there’s a weird delay and the autoreload feels unreliable

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Nutsak posted:

Pretty sure you can change it back in the control settings.

The point is they nerfed his auto-reload. Before once you got a hang of the timing you literally never needed to reload because it was the same time, now if you do this you lower your healing output

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

imho LW's not a fundamentally bad hero but he needs serious CD reductions on his abilities if they want him to be a real contender. His healing output is fine. He should pretty much always be outhealing a Zen/Lucio/Brig but he has no real DPS output and his only utilities are on a 10-20 second cooldown. Grip needs a seriously shorter cooldown if they want that to be the main reason to run him, since his platform is good but doesn't exactly help your team win standoffs.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

For the record I'm not necessarily saying it would be OP with a shorter cd, I just think you'd be adding frustration into the game (for the enemy team) and good game design shouldn't feel frustrating for either team. (Speaking of, when is Widow getting removed from the game)

Sure but LW’s entire playmaking ability as a support is these last second saves. I don’t really see how a clutch grip or platform save is any more frustrating than a mercy res after your team gets a pick.

Just look at Kiriko for comparison. Her clutch save ability is on a 6s faster timer, she has higher HPS (that also locks on and at longer range) and can weave in damage without interruption, has a better escape, and nearly as good mobility without using an ability cooldown. Even ignoring the hitbox difference there’s zero scenarios in which a LW is a better pick than Kiriko just off the numbers.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The REAL Goobusters posted:

CoD games actually have campaigns with interesting lore and setup.

Uhhhh

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

never forget Battleborn’s sad attempt to copy the roaring success of Overwatch

https://twitter.com/DuvalMagic/status/821140723135352832?s=20

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Trying to determine how obnoxious there new magnetic grenade will be. Is there a list somewhere of what “movement abilities” means? Is it just things like soldier sprint or sojourn slide? Does it include tracer recall/moira fade/kirko teleport? Can the Japanese still climb walls?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Good news lifeweaver is still dogshit

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

urea posted:

They can probably still balance him though just by adjusting the numbers enough.

I mean, maybe but not really

Wifeleaver’s fundamental failing is that he’s the least proactive hero in the game. He has nothing that can help your team win fights, instead he has a couple tools to make it harder for the enemy team to win. His damage output is extremely mediocre and unlike almost every other support, he’s incapable of providing any healing while dealing damage. The other super defensive support, mercy, still has far more offensive utility with her damage boost.

I think his relatively high healing numbers kind of give something away: his healing output is so high because the enemy team is alive for longer when he’s picked, so his numbers have to be higher just to keep up. (There’s also a bug with his ult that makes his scoreboard healing much higher than what he’s actually doing, idk if this has been addressed or not)

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Did they ever address the bug where his ult was putting wayyyy more healing onto the scoreboard than it actually was doing?

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

2 tap sym holy moly lol

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Echo/Phara mercy is the bastion of high mmr overwatch

More of a test of your team's coordination and communication than an actually oppressive strategy, but unlike bastion you really need 3-4 members of your team to be on the same page in order to deal with it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

im depressed lol posted:

Bees? Igauana? What ever the you view/interpret me as is fine by me, you're posting/viewing this thread so you're definitely not the kind of person I'm throwing massive fireballs of rage at sometimes! Cause like, anyone I'm mad at in this community is not following resources like this thread and other proper places. But like, how are new/lost players ever gonna navigate themselves to safer habors like this?

I don't know how to help ya man, but I read your post. I read every word of every post here; kinda internalize it- it becomes a blob I forgot exactly who said that poo poo etc. etc. like.. I love some of the low-effort shitposts too! I wrote a book under your post sure; not to talk over you but yeah I feel you so I raged out a bit! Over the course of yesterday I popped in and out slapping away at my keyboard with the knowledge I've gained from interacting with all the gems of game-enjoyers I've interacted with/developed friendships with/poo poo-post in QP with/whatever in Overwatch over the years. Some of my posts on here aren't 100% scientifically researched objectively "true" (like I know my mid-master peak Ana main season 5, but the exact number of comp hours on Ana I dunno... I said 500 because I used 500 the previous line for dramatic effect but 500 comp hours by Season 5 sounds high- my profile does say 626 hours total comp hours though, what the gently caress if I had access to the real hours I'd be accurate & honest as poo poo duh) played nearly everyday- multiple hours when I wasn't working or socializing, but I deleted that poo poo because I need space and figured I'd never need to reference them because it's 'no longer relevant' ' to the new 5v5 meta... like hell it's not man, not for strats OF COURSE but human behavior? frustration? being able to point at it quick and have some kind of cred about those loving stairs!? I need space so I deleted almost but not all that footage etc. etc.) but its.. more truthful artistic expressions of the humanity behind the handles-battletags-whatever on there.

Like hey, here's a clue might that help a lot of the guys like you I see feeling like poo poo playing comp in the lower ranks because it's full of no-nothing artless hacks making a mockery of this game's replay by trying to mime the greats or thinking they know anything about it all:

I get drunk on a cool discord group with this mom & her friends every once in a while & have a blast just winging it with her friends (one of whom played comp once out of curiosity & is BRONZE )who started picking up this game. I don't remember her rank- last time I played with her often was 3 years ago?. I see her name pop-up 2 months ago; I remember her! Wasn't she pregnant? I loved playing with her! Look at the friend note I set in battle.net "the LOUD funny one!" So I message her some poo poo like "HEY! How's your kid! ;)" and we hit off immediately again! I ask her, after playing a few with her and her friends did you ever play comp? She says "yeah but they got rid of my rank in the profile. I loved playing serious but there were so many annoying people. Got close to GM!" DIDN'T REMEMBER THAT! Did she? She likes to goof around, who knows! I don't loving know her rank or care. But I see her play Mei in PotG's using walls perfectly, never missing a single icepick to the forehead I say gently caress IF I CARE, SHE'S HAVING FUN! She sometimes has to afk during a match because, well she's a loving MOM- yeah why the gently caress would she play comp now even if she didn't have kid or whatever if she has to split like that? If she had the right environment- hell she might be better than me at this game sober NOW. I don't loving care about some hierarchy whatever poo poo the guys programming that ranking system setup.

So yeah. To anyone! If you hate comp, the cesspool of douche is draining on ya etc.- check out other bits of the game like:

-FFA deathmatch and learn a hero purely mechanically! Don't even give a gently caress if you win (anyone in top 4 counts as a win for the weekly coin-game).

"it's in the refrigerator!" I got killed by this guy ONCE and I KNEW he was going to control those loving mega's and I wasn't ever gonna get CLOSE to chasing him to the number 1 slot. Number 5 endorsement level; private profile. Endless hackusations but scrub-idiots say that poo poo- I knew what he was doing and I watched the 3 games I played with him back-to-back from his perspective and just made this poo poo and never even shared it with him! Didn't even ADD him! loving right everyone who has seen this fucker in FFA DM is running from that evil!
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1676746654781779968

-Hop into quickplay! I almost never get placed with a bronze but I see golds and poo poo in there. I don't know, maybe? If I see some random rear end add that wasn't immediately from a previous QP game I was playing- I'll just block by default because I usually just get added by someone in QP or rarely I'll send an add if a fucker was really cool for whatever reason. So like yeah, maybe if it was 2019 I'd offer to play with you but my new game is just -only- connecting with people in that game through quickplay. or if you're into art or music or retro-games or random OW clips that has no hashtags because I just use it as a clip-bucket and not some horrific ultra-right-wing douchebag (a smidge conservative's fine; ya learn things from talking to people!) maybe look at my twitter? follow/follow-back-whatever i dunno, that's a NOTHER weird art project I've been doing with long-term like my posts in this thread I don't even have a comp rank probably according to OW2's setup- quickplay has its own kinda squirrely MMR poo poo going on so maybe you get placed with some plat's/diamonds in a Quickplay match & learn some stuff that works at that level of play. Make some jokes, compliment good plays- some douches will neg you for being so positive but gently caress THEM.

"Life protects life!' yeah and I'll suck that flower-backbacked fruit's dick if I see some poo poo I never encountered before! This clip ain't me, but I'm in the chat blowing him up.
https://twitter.com/earthklaans/status/1675023842324914176

-Have fun loving around with non-verbal communication via the ping system & binds. Might not want to use my exact setup my binds are setup weirdly odd in a way only I get- like I take my hand off the mouse sometimes and slap a key on my keyboard sometimes if a particular voiceline I rarely use is the right call. Like, because "E" is some v a l u a b l e keyboard real estate not the brightest move to do this- but that's my loving "Hello" button that's why I can so easily say HEY/HELLO/HOWDY as the cowboy so easily to enemy/friendly Mercy's flying by me or whomever in all the dumb clips I make.

So yeah, there is no doubt in my loving mind there have got to be some loving shitlords (and nice people as well!) that are trying to climb those loving stairs for the wrong reasons... like some might also just be the types that get 100% platinum trophies (no shade on that poo poo- Vermintide 2 & Elden Ring are 100% on Steam for me for a reason!). They don't love this game and the ever imperfect magnificence of its character kits, the care so many artists/programmers/developers/game-designers/voice talent/incredible Brain-Trust of elite coaches & world-class talented players and good-role-model god-tier talented players that stream (but I also watch some rando's in this game and other areas there sometimes and I see poo poo I despise but... yeah I mean I empathize with having to make a living- you're in chet bazo's digital warehouse thinger but at least you're not pissing into a plastic thinger in a corner to make a quota- not gonna call attention to that.. poo poo sucks blows my mind when I see blurbs about data saying kids aspire to have that kinda job) ... every god drat well-intentioned person putting their honest best effort into it & its community since pre-release to even today, trying to make this zoo of a new IP and team-based player vs. player game work.

But yeah, those idiots/dumbies/gamer-brain-rotted artless idiots in the lower ranks that I doubt anyone taking the care to read the poo poo I've been writing- whatever artful or simple language you want to label them they suck! If you're taking the time to read this poo poo, I'm not talking about you! Don't feel even remotely feel like any rage I'm sending out there is directed you! They're treating it as some disposable entertainment commodity. That's the way I play some games though- sometimes you play a game because it's something new you're feeling out to kill time. But man, when those fucks start putting in time and are hard-stuck I don't loving get it. I only put serious time into games that I become in love with like, I lost my mind with Elden Ring last summer so hard I didn't even load OW1 once that summer. And this is probably my "favorite" "modern" game. This or Vermintide 2- less hours in that one but let me tangent here a minute.

I loving adore Vermintide 2. A lot of jank there- even today! But very very rough for 6 months+ after release. But man, the kind of artless poo poo I saw people who did 'analysis' and told the community the 'meta'- I could not believe people didn't figure out the power of certain builds with Kerillian. I'd discuss this poo poo with people but no one would loving give a poo poo when I told them 'Hey, hagbane/2-hand sword- pretty loving good man! try it out!' because whatever some 'higher authority' just erased whatever some fellow-game-enjoyer suggested because it evaporated from their mind the moment they spent 3 hours watching some guy with a face cam explaining the 'proper' way to play it. That game didn't have the brain-trust like Overwatch- does developing and devouring the optimal play-styles and poo poo- grinding- strats in scrims I don't know what kind of madness you guys try at the top to see if it works like that coach in here does with his community- if that guy tossed a lightning bolt on me from the commanding heights and told me to gtfo this thread I'd probably ghost after failing to apologize & get right by him- i'd stop doing my dumb-art-love-letter nonsense in an instant- no way would I not listen to someone like that who knows their poo poo about this game, but I hope he feels me that yeah I'm weird but I just say what's on my mind- I'm impulsive as hell when I'm passionate poo poo - but yeah... Vermintide 2 brain-trust? just a couple guys with jobs on cam in the purple icon site vee tee's sweatshop, or a subreddit, hard thing to, I'd do a way worse job with that kind of pressure. Plus focusing on EVERY character in the game, giving advice to an audience? Yeah, maybe you miss something or whatever. Yeah, whatever those 'higher-authorities' told LOTS of people how to play Vermintide 2 'properly', and yeah the poo poo they said "worked"... but man I was just trying poo poo out on my own because like-- I'll look for a tip- I'll try it out whatever, but I found the play-style that made me like... forget I was even playing a video game man. I got so locked in with that 2-hand sword and brilliant crowd-tempo-controlling hagbane I would sometimes hard-carry entire pub-teams on the highest difficulty. Documented, it's on my loving youtube, no point in linking it because this is the Overwatch thread and I don't monetize that poo poo because chasing that income-dragon is a loving nightmare- gently caress that I just like spending 2 hours making videos because I just love it purely for the art of it that only 50 max people ever view it? Sometimes 5!? I don't spam these clips anywhere! Just like links in DM's and poo poo. And I'm fine with that! Not a god at video games, I'd fuckup hard a lot- sometimes I'd die because I lost my cool for whatever reason.

But like, just the weird... like... 'annoyance' that no one would try some poo poo I suggested- I just kinda didn't wanna be too pushy about or whatever- like my opinion about that poo poo was not 'worthless' but... kinda a curiosity or whatever and.... yeah. Was I disheartened? gently caress no! I didn't loving care man! I just posted one video of me doing it, left some tips maybe even posted on SA a bit I on it? I don't care to look! I just let that poo poo roll right off me and moved on! Because gently caress, it worked for me and I had a blast doing poo poo that suited my play-style!

There wasn't some weird ladder in that game that people were trying to do the right thing on yet were endlessly failing, possibly blaming themselves or hating the game because the other people playing it didn't appreciate the game, or were loud douche-bags on comms- maybe duoing with a yes-man cuck-buddy... sounding too dully-confident- demanding you respect them as an authority on the game or weren't following the right resources they were or were getting fed garbage information by lovely google skills- hell the strats by the Vermintide 2 "Brain-trust" initially created DID work, they just weren't 'for me' after I hosed around with builds for a bit. But the fact that I barely saw a loving breadcrumb to the beauty of tempo-crowd-control aspects of that loving brilliant poison bomb weapon & the tank-melt potential it had if you asked your team for a strength pot if you didn't get one yourself...and that 2-handed sword was lovely as gently caress on paper and if you spent like 2 minutes hitting poo poo with it & crunched the numbers you'd dismiss it. But the sweeping action in concert with a bunch of rats gagging and getting dotted by that poison like... you had to be a little creative in how you played- it was artful and fun! Like yeah, it's a loving dumb player vs. AI game- you could brute-force and challenge yourself with the shittiest weapons and still 100% clear that game all modes all difficulties if you were good enough and determined enough.

Then they fixed a lot of poo poo and I re-read some meta and yeah I just loving copy-pasted an optimal build with the hagbane I found online and had to adapt to it a bit but of course eventually an optimal loving build on Waystalker Kerillian was developed over time by the thousands of people and the streamers that were grinding that poo poo. That game got hurt and broke a bit... and the people I played with in certain poo poo & the pro-guys into that game did poo poo I could never do like.... but oh my god me and a long-term friend and some new-guys loving murdered our minds trying to get deeper into that snaking-death-trap-fun-house of the weaves expansion- I could write a small novel on that hell. Invisible loving enemies, endlessly draining health, constantly changing elements as you went deeper in committed to a specific skill-path etc. etc. I don't even remember the specifics it was enough for me to tap out and even that long-term friend stopped not too long after me and that fucker loves a challenge. And he loving was the only guy I talked to who KNEW my Kerillian build and playstyle was the loving righteous murder-machine I knew it was (well when I didn't gently caress up!) in the early days of that game- because I played that game with him forever. I didn't have to convince him or crunch numbers; he just loving played the game with me!

So like, yeah I don't have any credibility or whatever on Overwatch strats and poo poo- I tapped out because like--- dude I could never have made it to grandmaster- holy gently caress never ever even if I got reprimanded by a teammate I respected in a brutally honest objective way like 'fuckhead, we're taking this poo poo seriously bro, we want to get up there and you're loving it up- STOP that poo poo! and yeah dude I'd just stop playing comp because, gently caress if I can't control 100% of the time to not tilt at douchebag Genji's murdering me in comms in a lovely Razer headset mic that sounded like wispy garbage trash that I couldn't decipher.... because I missed a sleep on a Winston diving me while I had that dumb loving ninja in my sights like he was my loving first-born and he spooked me and I whiffed a sleep loving hard- like that Winston knew what he was doing I was a dumb masters scrub ana not used to s m a r t as s h i t opponents exploiting scrub weakness like that, I wouldn't be able to control my dumb impulsive clown poo poo either! Yeah, I suck in different ways; I can't take poo poo too seriously when I'm having fun!

Loved the experience though, I would get matchmade with a bunch of great guys and I'd just be dumb and do dumb impulsive sub-optimal poo poo- I'd loving nano a Zen for no loving reason because we were doing so well in a match & he made me laugh earlier- masters match!- & good guys were chill AS gently caress about that dumb careless poo poo I pulled- they laughed with me when I did stupid-impulsive-I'm-just-so-happy-to-not-be-playing-with-douchebages poo poo- they loving knew without plainly saying 'alright this guy is something else- it's just this one game-whatever bro do you! not gonna add ya, but we're laughing!' I'm pretty sure we still won that one- temple of anubis maybe....

Like yeah, so gently caress yeah eventually I just got mad and wanted to fall down those loving stairs by aping the DPS's I got so mad at, trying to hang where poo poo starts getting hard. don't got the discipline for this poo poo, I get mad at mechanically gifted but demanding/lovely communicator DPS's but god I don't to want to gently caress up the game for people who are trying loving hard and a bozo in another color of suit like those DPS-trash is loving it up for them!

The best part is like, I rage about those DPS/Genji's that are great but really lacking in empathy/communication skills/self-awareness/WHATEVER.... from 3100-3500ish I was duoing with a loving Genji and that guy LOVED me! He loving NEVER once EVER blamed me for ANYTHING and was just happy to be playing with a guy who had his back and wanted the same thing- a dubya. But he checked out at masters, and I was like 'ah gently caress it, let's go a little higher!'. I don't remember that guy's name, but he was chill as gently caress Genji. Probably doesn't remember either, probably doesn't even play Overwatch anymore!

So like, yeah, I'm clowning around on here. Just trying to find a way to relate with all the spectrum of people reading/posting in this thread man. Like, I don't know what it's like nowadays to actually be in comp in OW2- the meta's all different- gently caress I played Pharrah only in that joke of Season 1 OW1 and like--- yeah I played Pharrah because I loved playing Quake back in the day and.. pretty much instantly you realize so many loving people couldn't pew-pew hitscan back then. I got some number between 70-75? And then Season 2 you try Pharrah a bit and EVERY ONE COULD MURDER THAT BIRD if you didn't play smarter! so yeah if I'm talking out of line just let me know. I just don't see anyone putting effort-posts in describing the human side of that ladder-climb and poo poo. I got a bunch of idea's for future posts- some of them half-written already, maybe a little note on my phone when I'm bored waiting for something away from home. but I gotta go some poo poo and I just can not stress like... man we got a really low-attention-span media information environment right now, this is probably the only venue I got to just write some poo poo long-form and also is populated by a bunch of folks into this game what not. could write more about that information environment, might do it in a sneaky way I dunno! etc. etc. I gotta go!

tl;dr Advice: Just loving find people who are into this game like you, get a little better, watch a streamer you like who isn't doing dumb poo poo for eye-balls and also gives advice on the ladder I dunno I loving hate that website popped on the other day, watch Kephrii for 20 minutes- playing that game like an elite soldier, I can't play widow but still it's cool to watch a guy be that good and still swap if it ain't working watch this loving video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk because I loved this guy.... just from only one watch- haven't even watched any other of his poo poo- don't even know if he streams (... pretty sure he streams!) because I don't like watching streams! but I have to know what so many people are looking at! So, mentally prepare with a radioactive brain-condom- usually, pop-in, get a feel for a guy, click around a bit and loving BOOK IT because oh my god do I hate that purple stupidhole of a thing people look at- also that youtube it's 6 months old, talks about how getting heated is alright, stats, NOT being afraid to die- seems like a genuine guy who loves the community, he says the metal ranks people climb more based on stats? sounds like a problem if the wrong kind of metal-rank DPS-douchebag gets only thatmessage and nothing else in that great video- watch the whole loving thing and don't just close it after you hear that maybe people in this thread got issues with him I dunno! Maybe try comp again in a month if you do any of the poo poo I suggested if you're frustrated etc.

(same youtube I just wanted to embed if some people are into that instead, click-baity title but come on, that youtube rat-race sucks. don't judge it/him based on that)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgzMAYBH7Gk

Edit: Added an example of how you tell a player they did some good poo poo, twitter clip!
Edit: And another one! Another bit of love at some fucker knowing the game and doing it with style.
Edit: Little corrections.
Edit: Even littler fixes! 6:52pm
Edit: Super duper clear- anyone I recommend is NOT associated with me; I'm pointing you to the good guys I see that are nice and poo poo. Because I think there are a lot of people that, maybe, (not him!; never got the vibe from that player or whomever I point to before or since or later) want to say the poo poo or something similar I say/rant/ramble on about, but can not because they... well you know I mean PFFFFFFFFT they're too nice! and other people I care not to mention.... they're.... they're stuck on grinds of their own. I'm kinda free to just talk poo poo because... idontwannamakeanymoneywiththisshit!
I'M JUST SO loving MAD THEY REMOVED MY loving OW1 STATS!
Edit: Hey it's the next day, July 30th. 9:25am. I noticed a single typo because I really am putting effort into this because some people here brag & say they are at the highest levels of this game's community and I really am trying here, doing what I know I can do pretty well, just like the Top 500's and the good people in the metal ranks doing their best struggle-busing on those loving stairs, so I wouldn't be doing this if I didn't love everything about this game. So yeah HONK HONK, buddy maybe learn something from what I'm saying and I dunno... talk to people you know about it? Tell them you noticed this poo poo, I don't want any credit if a solution is made! Yeah, if you think it would help, tell someone at Blizzard I want like.. a million bucks (and/or some REALLY good benefits) to do it but I'll figure out how to make a CIA (Clown Intelligence Agency) for this game! Then I'll still (probably, I mean, I dunno, I might need the money if it ever gets to that point) say no and tell those loving art-less suits to loving climb that staircase and FIGURE IT OUT YOURSELVES! I dunno, google it! The people in charge seem to have a fun time relying on machines to figure out a solution for them, just like everyone in this game refers to themselves as a Rank Insignia instead of a human being playing a video game! *squirts you with a fake flower from my lepal*

grandmasters level username-post combo

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I hope she's got a similar robot voice filter to the Genji mythic.

She does

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUHzTN8V76k

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lifeweaver is still so bad it's insane lmao

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

toadee posted:

I think it's a bit early to say Lifeweaver is still bad, the latest buffs are kind of insane. The change to 50 armor worth of health, the Tree of Life overhealth buff, further thorn volley spread buffs, the increased heal from his dash...... I mean there has to be a point where all of these things add up to just an unkillable blob of health

He still runs into the fundamental problem of being a support with almost no utility. Granted, Tree of Life is now definitely a very strong ultimate, but switching from his left and right click still feels bad because the delay on his healing charge means that he can't snap heal someone who's about to die, he only has his grip.

If they want to make him actually good they need to switch the way his heal charges; have it start at full charge and then recharge automatically after firing. Like how Illari's weapons work. That way you can still fire off heals while applying thorn volley pressure.

Speaking of Illari, there's 0 chance her turret doesn't eat a nerf. They literally just hit Torb's turret with the reasoning of "it provided too much value just for throwing it down"

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

AndNowMax posted:

I’m curious how Illari is going to age once people get used to her. The complaint about Moira for years has been that she has no utility; she can damage, heal, and escape, and that’s it. That seems to describe Illari to a T. Are people going to say the same thing about her, or does she have more pop-off potential to make up for it?

The comparison is fair in the sense that they both are supports who pump out healing and damage in huge amounts and that's it. The key difference is that Illari is a long range hitscan hero so it's a lot easier for your team to instantly pick someone off after you headshot them, instead of Moira's constant damage over time.

I think you'll 100% need to run Kiriko or Ana alongside them, but in something like a sigma comp where you just play off corners constantly I think Illari would deserve serious consideration competitively

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Mind over Matter posted:

As someone who used to play a lot of Torb, I've had my share of terrible POTGs. This is the worst slash most amazing I've had in quite a while, though.

I miss the good ol torb potg days when you could spray, pop ult, and just hammer the wall while your Uber turret killed everyone

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

dogstile posted:

That pylons gonna be further back that most people can safely dive if its placed properly. You can't do the half dive against it. The full commitment thing might cause issues if the enemy knows you have to do it.

If the Illari sees the leap coming they can also redeploy the pylon further back so that they can retreat past it.

I mean, they're technically not wrong in the sense that Overwatch 2 has been a raging garbage fire for its entire lifespan and now it's just a smoldering garbage fire

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Am I missing something or is Brig horrid currently? She just feels very vulnerable, and doesn't make up for it in healing or damage.

It's a very unfavorable meta for her in the traditional sense because poke is strong so brawl comps suffer. She's like Lucio in that the hero themself isn't that weak it's just that the tanks they most like to play with get kind of bullied right now.

She absolutely can still work as an Ana bodyguard to protect her from dives, but if you try to go in swinging you're going to get mowed down by all the soldier/ashe/illari/orisa/baptise/etc. that are being widely played right now

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Volskaya, 1st point Anubis, and Hanamura are genuinely all-time great maps

Lunar Colony I could do without. Paris was weak.

All their effort went into the Hybrid maps since they solved the biggest problem of 2CP being much more fun for both teams on the first point than the second

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

It's also important to emphasize that DoT effects are significantly weaker since there's so much healing flying around. Even a 2s effect means that if there's something like Illari pylon or a Lucio/Brig healing aura going on, the effect won't be nearly as strong as just getting whacked for 120dmg

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Was Sombra even broken to begin with? I don't remember seeing anything on Reddit or YouTube about her having an unfair advantage. My biggest gripe was the Roadhog nerf that allowed hooked squishies to survive a point blank shot.

Sombras really good at the lower ranks where people don't react to her picking off healers in the back line, and really good at the absolute highest levels of play since you can actually coordinate a dive to instantly delete a squishy and her EMP is still probably one of the strongest ults in the game for high level coordinated play

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Lifeweaver is still the worst support because he cannot help your team secure kills, but in low ranks that's less important and his ult is genuinely one of the stronger ults in the game now. He's now C tier or D tier depending on how you rank but he's definitely no longer F tier like he was before

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The "Lifeweaver ruins a play with a bad grip" thing is vastly overblown in terms of how often it actually happens, but at the same time it feels bad enough that the very rare times it does happen it has such an outsized mental impact on the person who got gripped that I get the gripes with it.

I think that if they want LW to be a serious support pick in the tier of Bap/Kiri/Ana they need to change how his heal works: make it start at full charge and then automatically refill, like how Illari's primary fire functions. Lifeweaver's thorn volley is an active liability because if you need to suddenly save a dps that's getting attacked you need to switch fire modes, charge up a shot, and then wait for the projectile to travel, by which point your ally is already dead. If instead you could just fire off a healing bloom in between rounds of the thorns, he'd feel much more dynamic and proactive.

Call me crazy but I actually preferred his original control scheme for the thorn/heals, I just rebound reload to swap weapons and it felt very natural to fire off thorn blasts while your heals reloaded since the autoreload and the manual reload were the same amount of time.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

Moira was released 6 years ago and she's still not featured in any cinematic.

Is there any other OW1 playable character that's not featured in at least one cinematic?
Baptiste, I suppose, and Hammond?

Are we just talking about the standalone animated shorts? Because in that case there's a ton:

Ana, Torb, Symm, Zarya, Orisa, Zen

If we don't count the in-engine cinematic trailers for stuff like the Junktown map then add

Junkrat, Roadhog, Lucio to the mix

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Jack Trades posted:

For like 5 characters lmao.

it also seems like it's setting themselves up for failure in the future. Like what if they decided to rework a hero Roadhog or Sombra style, are they going to completely remake their hero mastery courses? Will the old scores be invalidated? Or even just small changes like giving Winston an extra second on his leap cooldown; will some of the high scores be physically impossible now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

That discord orb nerf seems pretty massive, they'll probably have to increase the time out of vision to lose it