Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
PVE was the one thing I was counting on to get me back into overwatch 2 because I don’t have the skills or temperament for PVP lol.

Rest in pisssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

kaleedity posted:

hey it could have been as bad as wc3 reforged, lol.

I still consider that a partial victory in that I could still play all the dumb custom games I loved to play back in 7th grade but in 1440p.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

toadee posted:

I know lhcloudy (former OWL tank player) talked on stream a couple months ago very candidly about why he quit. “Basically everyone you see with like one or two exceptions is getting paid league minimum. So you’re earning like, $40,000 USD. Which sounds great to a kid and everything, but you’re working literally 12 hour days, every day. Nothing but scrums and practices and strat sessions all day every day. It’s really a poo poo deal and I’m glad I left”.

40k for a horrible work life balance, yeesh. I didn't know they were getting paid so little.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
My gripe with 4P co-op is how many of them borrowed the L4D feature of having specialized enemies that can stunlock someone until they die unless somebody helps out. Seemed like the worst possible way to force cooperation and I’m surprised so many games went on with it.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

The REAL Goobusters posted:

https://overwatch.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23952480/

The same nothing, bullshit PR answers. I love how they keep saying that it is not accurate they cancelled the PVE. YOU KNOW WHAT PEOPLE MEAN WHEN THEY SAY THAT
Ever since the PvE cancellation, I thought “wouldn’t it be awesome if they waffled on this, halfheartedly tried to walk it back, make some dumb promises and suggestions that they actually had no plans on fulfilling?” and by god it’s gonna be hilarious if they actually did that.

e: I say the above with full admission that I didn’t read the PR post.

buglord fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 19, 2023

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Pvt. Parts posted:

Some of y'all are pretty intense. I'll understand being disappointed, but I'll never understand being bitter over something like this. You are not owed anything, especially when it comes to video gaming, which at the end of the day is just entertainment.

I think gamers are kind of less respected as customers vs other industries, (and it doesn’t help when gamers are typically young with bad impulse control so any sort of resistance to this just vaporizes when a shiny new thing comes out) so I think it’s good that they stay mad and rambunctious on a large scale because it was still a promise and it was broken and the way everything has been handled shows a sort of paternalistic way game companies see customers.

On a personal level, I agree it’s pretty silly to have your week ruined or something by this news. Vote with wallet, apply pressure any way you can to the publisher, move on I guess.

Thanks to this thread I leaned about the starship troopers game and that seems kind of fun. I haven’t done a PVE co-op game that wasn’t a L4D-like in a hot minute. Something to look forward to after work.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

Doomykins posted:

Trolling this good deserves a Play of the Game reel.

When I played OW1 beta I felt like a god because I could occasionally get decent POTG. For whatever reason nobody ever decided to look up, so landing on them as Winston was probably the highlight of my Overwatch career. Then people wisened up to everything and I was destined to be low silver for eternity.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

I know this isn’t related to the post you’re making but I’m shocked that TF2 is still in the top 10 at #7. And then football manager being at #10 is a surprise. Guess I forgot how much the rest of the world really, really likes soccer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

toadee posted:

Most of this thread just seems to have a vested personal interest in the failure of the game. I play often and see the same things you do, with an active group of friends who never gave a poo poo about PvE and don't event pay attention to most of the social media grumbling. Fact is a game that is top 10 on streaming and social platforms month after month is very popular. More than that, nobody has numbers of their own to say much conclusive one way or the other.

I guess im one of those ex players with the "burn it all down" mentality because it seemed like they had a good thing going with OW1. The potential to still play a fun and colorful game with the low stakes of PvE sounded great, but then they just seemed to dick it up in the most clownshoes way possible.