Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

Minera posted:

what a disaster

oh it's not that bad a thread

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

op should have just been a link to this tbh

https://youtu.be/q7RMtDpxtfw

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

we have no damage fall off mccree at home:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

we're in the early stages of processing the death of a family member nobody ever really liked having around a whole lot due to them being irritating and frustrating to deal with but who was a part of our lives for long enough that now, in their sudden absence, we find ourselves forgetting the bad times and reminiscing on the good

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

You’re not the only one who keeps trying to hold that line of thought up and to be blunt I hope you’re just Overwatch posting and not actually dull enough to think that either FPS all play the same or that people wanting less MMO design in a shooter are begging for it to be turned into Valorant.

There is no legitimacy to that line of thought, it is flatly stupid on its face, which also makes it good Overwatch posting so idk

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Symmetra on the battlefield

https://youtu.be/vb5rHthCXoA

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Symmetra’s inability to make eye contact hard countering Winston

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

headcase posted:

autoaim abilities, splash/spam, beams, or tree trunk size projectiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsRjQDrDnY8

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Sojourn isn't hitscan.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Soldier is a projectile hero.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Zedd posted:

So when do they expect to actually implement Mann vs Machine. Wasn't the PvE mode half the selling point of OW2?

Nobody knows and yes.

Barreft posted:

That sounds terrible.

Also yes.

If anyone wants a co-op PvE game just get Deep Rock Galactic it's the best thing

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

imagine dungeons posted:

Deep Rock is good. But more good group PvE games is also good. More Mass Effect 3 multiplayer.

I never got into Vermintide so maybe this is silly of me and I should know better, but I am hopeful for Darktide being a fun more purely combat-focused diversion from DRG.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

The curated new player experience will feel bad if you're not one of the people living life on the wrong side of the bell curve that they've had to accommodate with the change, but you won't be losing games because of it since you'll be getting matched up with similarly new players and/or extremely bad old ones.

Now there's a question I haven't seen answered, are we rolling into OW2 with the same hidden MMR or is everyone starting fresh? I assume it at least partially carries over

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

based blizzard letting us buy out the entire ow2 store for the price of a single diablo immortal 5* gem

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i take my gaming seriously, so seriously in fact that while playing i maintain myself at the apex of the ballmer peak

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

hell yea first thing it loads overlayed on top of the cinematic is a screen congratulating me on my endorsement level and seemed to be giving me something but i clicked and don't know what it gave me, probably nothing

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

looks like inflation has finally caught up with overwatch, legendary skins that used to sell for an even 1000 credits are now 1900

lol at the folks who intentionally banked the ow1 credits

they've also added entirely new classifications of lovely items nobody cares about to pad out the reward drip, souvenirs and weapon charms!

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Oct 4, 2022

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

fired it up to check out the menus and whatnot then left it running in the background while going back to work, and these ambient noises on the main screen sound like i'm surrounded by fester fleas

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

first it was the rts genre, then arpgs, later on mmos, and now, today, blizzard has applied their famous level of polish to an exciting new genre: cringe content

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

lmao just lmao if you don’t main boba Mei

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Eason the Fifth posted:

Mature German Daddy Smashes Petite Brit Against Wall

I'm giving it all I've got!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

there is a fine line between appreciating and horny

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

hol up

those ain't the old credits that carried over, these are 2016 original launch skins tho so how much could they cost?

:staredog:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

we couldn't very well have that, now could we

also if that looks kinda hosed it's because their UI element is lopsided by a pixel

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

here’s the only OW2 review you need:

core gameplay got better

everything surrounding core gameplay got worse

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

BabyRyoga posted:

Probably. The game is honestly balanced around its own esports bubble that only has enough room for competitive teams; the average gamer will get tired of this poo poo in weeks.

While this is true, Overwatch has always been and for now still is fun to play in Mystery Heroes and Open Quickplay, even more so now that some of the worst design elements such as shields and 2cp maps have been severely reduced if not removed.

You'd have to be loving stupid to take Overwatch seriously or treat it at all competitively, but it's a fun casual arena shooter and even in 2022 whenever I'd fire it up to play some arcade modes queue times were fast.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

TenementFunster posted:

you're playing overwatch, the horniest game of all time

https://youtu.be/jX0LugfTiT0

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

$20 skins on top of the battlepass baby, no poors allowed

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

BabyRyoga posted:

Yeah, the more I play the game the more it seems like this is a terrible idea.

It feels fresh at first, but when a tank is out of position and at half health for the 30th time and takes a duel 1v1 against a DPS that tries to punish them and wins with their personal CDs alone for survival, it starts to get pretty unfun. One of my mains is Sym who CLEARLY has gotten the short end of the stick in this game, but tanks like Orisa and Doomfist just basically tank my fully charged beam and 3 turrets for like 5 seconds straight and live, then take me from 225 health > 0 in like 2 seconds.

There was an instance where I was playing Pharah and an Orisa survived through my entire ult by popping CDs and having a mercy beaming them. It's a little ridiculous.

their tank redesign is so terrible i have to hope they'll fix it, but i already know i'll be let down

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

BabyRyoga posted:

Also, Re: aiming, because it has been way harder to aim in OW2, but also thought maybe I was just getting old or bad at games or something:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/xw23i0/is_it_just_me_or_does_ow2_feel_weird/

yea i haven't played much so i can't put my finger on it but something feels different

turned off the AMD fsr and resolution scaling but it's still not smooth, like there's a new jitter. playing on a 144hz gsync display and ow2 just isn't as smooth as ow despite still holding high average frame rates

Sandwolf posted:

Yeah I loved OW1 more than I cared to admit and this new format and the character redesigns somehow feel like they’ve taken something out of it? One tank makes the whole thing weirdly unbalanced (not on mechanics, but on feel).

OW1 felt like it was about pushing tanks forward while the team keeps the line and allows for pushing forward. OW2 feels like it’s about support/dps buzzing around the one tank like a swarm of bees, trying to deal as much damage as possible. Idk, it feels like it’s meant to be faster but really it just feels more chaotic.

one tank is good, one tank that happens to be an overpowered raid boss that can easily 1v1 any non-tank and even take 1v2 fights they 'shouldn't' be able to is bad

the game turning into a slog in which tanks pussyfoot around behind shields until one team has enough Q's charged to bust the stalemate is absolutely awful gameplay, the present ow2 tank paradigm sucks but is still better than before

the entire trinity design principle is wack as gently caress and doesn't work for an FPS, but if you gotta have it tanks should just be slightly burlier dps with more utility and a commensurate decrease in damage

Wheeee fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 5, 2022

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

AndyElusive posted:

I haven't been playing Apex for the last 2 years but I can echo this sentiment because last night I was wrecking ppl with hitscan. I even remarked to my friend who I was grouped with that 76 felt better than he ever has.

they changed Soldier like a year or two ago from having garbage bloom style 'recoil' to having an actually controllable vertical recoil pattern, when i came back to ow this year and slam picked my boi Soldier it felt revelatory

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/status/1577397709203509250

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

just the fact that they categorize ‘transgender’ as an individual gender identity shows that whoever came up with this poo poo doesn’t know or care about the topic at all

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

bunch of people having those issues, turning off resolution scaling and AMD fsr may help but it didn’t for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Herstory Begins Now posted:

lol 3 japanese characters in a row that are ninja gangsters

with mystical spirit powers in a setting which has no magic