Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Gonna play this with my buds and anticipate us dropping it sooner than later. Sorry, game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well the servers are up. I just got into and booted from (for inactivity) a QP and queued back into a match that was an absolutely total slaughter. 6 minutes left on the clock and the push cart was war was done.

Game is up early, and so far the game feels the same as the beta I didn't have to pay to get in to.

E: I started typing this 8-10 minutes ago. No queue to get in yet, so I dodged that by minutes or seconds I guess.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Took me about 9 minutes to find an open queue comp match, and once two of us selected characters the server crashed and I got sent back to the salt mines to queue with everyone else.

:tif:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

spunkshui posted:

**Unexpected server error**

IN QUEUE: 0 PLAYERS AHEAD OF YOU

No!!!!

I've had this happen twice after getting into open queue matches. Starting to think it's a bug.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
In an hour I went from 40K to 20K to server not responding to 30K to suddenly in the game while I went to do some chores instead of sit around.

What I learned is that you all need to go do some chores. The game will reduce your queue timer for being responsible.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
-Get booted from game mid-match.
-400th in line
-3... 2... 1...
-Can't connect to server
-500th in line
-3... 2... 1...
-Please login
-logs in manually
-Can't login
-500th in line

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Having played a chunk this afternoon/evening, almost entirely in unranked open queue (QP classic?), the game steadily got more unstable, had more leavers, and it feels like no one wants to work as a team anymore. So it'll degrade to a 5v5 variant of OW1 by tomorrow afternoon.

Now to wait for everyone to be brave enough for toxicity over voice again. Right now almost no one communicates at all. Not even location pings.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

CuddleCryptid posted:

99% sure that's only for new accounts

Also RE: queues, I found out last night that the game doesn't have, like, an idle timer right now. So if you log in you are logged in and stay logged in. So enter that queue and move on with your day for a couple hours.

I've been doing this. You'll still get dropped every so often when something on their end crashes.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Rebus posted:

Anyone else just get booted out, had an update apply, and now get repeated "sorry can't log you in" messages?

Nah, but I was idle at the main menu the past hour mere seconds before I checked this thr--MOTHERFUCKER!!! [Exits and re-launches] Oh, there's a banner that says they'll be shutting down and doing maintenance from 15:00-16:00 PDT.

Well the important part is that it took me ~45 minutes to go from launch to main menu earlier today. Guess I'll watch the evening news.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Rebus posted:

I've still not got round to changing my graphics settings for fear of watching the login countdown again...

Probably has a lower chance of requiring a restart than randomly getting kicked mid-game and having to restart the client to login.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Rebus posted:

Some changes require a client restart...

Only to take effect. The game doesn't restart itself when you click "apply". So unless it's a setting that's preventing you from playing at all, you'll get to it later.

Now shoo off with your ellipses.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Well Blizzard hasn't bothered to shut the game down for maintenance, or it kicked no one out for it.

Entire parties just leaving when a match goes against their favor are on the rise.

And lastly, I can't hear anyone on voice either. I forget who posted it earlier today, but it worked last night and now I see the active mic icons over heads and hear nothing.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Countblanc posted:

for me it was an issue with the wrong device set for voice audio (thanks to whoever suggested that), but it also wasn't working for me last night so i'm not sure if that's true too in your case

Yeah, It's probably default audio being set to my headset. I don't recall which I was wearing last night, but I was using speakers today.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Is anyone else having an issue where they're getting shafted with what must be the TFUE? My hero pool and my buddy's just shrunk to babby mode all of a sudden today. Both of us are OW1 owners, and I can play as the anime catgirl so the game is well aware that I collected the founders pack.

Normal QP is effected, but it wasn't in open role :shrug:

E: Well apparently while I was slowly typing that someone else posted the same problem

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

verbal enema posted:

has Moira always had a super jump after she leaves her cloak???

At least for the past few years and it's one of the most fun parts about her kit.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I feel like if Tracer's ult can end up with her killing herself, then I think McCree's new homing grenade should as well.

If nothing else, it'd be really, really funny.

"Gotcha! BWAAAUGHAWA!"

It does. A McCree died to me this way last night when I just kept running at him after it attached.

Looks like it does 28-33 damage to self in the practice range right now.

Chinatown posted:

nice to see the mentally ill toxic players in QP are still around
Most of my QP games are dead silent, but the toxic people are crawling out of their caves to try to make the game miserable for everyone else again. Still nary a GG after any match though.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Played an open role comp game because I was hoping it worked for once. It was a total slaughter, though I have no idea how much I contributed in the end. The teams started out a random assortment of roles, but by the second round both teams were 2T, 2D, 1S and it felt pretty good for us down in the trashcan tier. One tank is fine I guess, but having two meaty sluggers per team is more fun.

Also no one talked or typed, but pings did seem to attract the attention of everyone enough that heroes were getting deleted. Here's hoping it stays that way.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just enjoy teleport-dashing and telling people to touch my balls :cry:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Friend of mine in a comp game has his full roster while someone else in the match didn't. The bug is just sprinkled about to ruin some, but not all, days.

I had it in a QP role queue when I went to go see if it was back or not just a short while ago. Not playing until it's at least figured out, if not just patched again.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Chinatown posted:

Good OW can be amazing.

When its bad its loving the worst game ever.

This is how mobas are described. The ult system must be their comeback mechanic.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It was only QP, but I was rudely reminded that Dva teleport bombs are a thing. I'm not sure how that works though since DVa dropped her bomb, then Sym put the teleporter down under the mech and it just vanished into the ether to kill us.

Oh well, we lost that match round 1 the way we never coordinated ever. Just got lucky with a few good ults in the second.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Down here with the other baddies, most fights crumple not after the tank, but the supports get melted by an unaddressed flanker. No matter how beastly the tanks are, they basically all melt 3-5v1 when there's no covering fire or healing.

Also most of the times I'm in a one-sided ultra-loss it's because one of their DPS wraps around and 2-3 shots both supports while the tank and DPS keep pushing forward with zero situational awareness.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
While I've probably been wrecked more times than counter-played, I've still chased and burned down many a Sombra as Moira once the ability lock ended because they didn't aim for the head.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
As my bronze medals begin to roll in, I'm still garbage at the game despite efforts to not be. Just not meant to be at this point and that's okay.

But the MMR spread allowed in comp games is causing skill-gap toxicity to return to OW1 levels already, so time to thicken the 'ol hide and just play on because in the past 48 or so hours the civility has begun to steeply decline. The one game with the three dudes on voice chat being hyped and calling everyone "bro!" as we mega-wrecked the other team shall be a highlight of the launch window comp role queue for me.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

DrBox posted:

Probably, but I'm right there with you. Tank is pretty fun, Support is awesome, DPS is boring to me.

This is me as well. Due to the DPS queue times in OW1 being up to 2x as long as the matches themselves, I almost only play support as Moira, Ana, and Baguette, or just putz around with whatever tank doesn't seem to be getting melted that match.

DPS is okay, but I don't look forward to it anymore.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Long as by "leaks" you mean the majority of the patch notes over the past 5-6 years.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I think every 20 seconds JQ can buff her health for five seconds with 15 down, which seems to do a decent job keeping her alive in a 5v5. Otherwise I agree that she's just a DPS with a bit more HP, even down to her model/silhouette being too drat small compared to the other tanks.

Really fun to play despite being a potential liability.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The games the past week or so have been pretty drat awful on the average. Mega-stomps one direction or the other are the norm now, leavers are on the rise in comp, and people being douchebags in match chat are way up too.

I mean, at least there are players now compared to OW1 :shrug:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Even in OW1 bronze was a special place of people who were way too good for it, but never ranked out. Only guesses to why those players existed is that they enjoyed stomping noobs and throwing, or were such self-centered players that they'd win the battle and top the leader board, but lose the war (match) because 1v6 is a bit much.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Father Wendigo posted:

The "playing support is even more miserable somehow" just hit my second lobe, and LMAO if true.

Do I play OW2, or do I uninstall OW2 at this point... :negative:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Issaries posted:

There's no deathpact. Just take a break if you aren't feeling it. You can always come back when/if you feel like it.

There's snowpiles to touch and other games to play.

I've actually only played an hour or two in the past few weeks. We've been playing Valheim actually :v:

I was just theorizing if I'd want to return as a low-rank support main seeing these warnings.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
As a casual and infrequent support player, ummm... stop hurting us, Blizzard. The amount of people I know that still play has dropped off a cliff already.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The game has had mirrored left and right on my headset for the past 2+ years no matter what I do. The stompy feet are just another issue on the pile.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Looks like a checklist of anime character design tropes and wild pompadour.

At least the silly cybernetic petals on his back will make for an easy silhouette to recognize and shoot at. Not that anyone in my bracket will.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Just watched the motion graphic origin bit. This is a green Planeswalker from MTG with all of the mandala art and trees. Someone who still plays and actually knows the lore can argue whether it should be G or G/W.

Oh, and epic griefing compilations incoming.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I also think the lore and character traits leading to fan works (including R34, let's be honest here) are making them more money and community outreach than the gameplay is. This isn't to say the creative teams aren't fighting for it, but it continuously comes across like the the cynical bean counters are steering the ship by bullet point.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Played again tonight, against my better instincts, but it was super weird because we won most of our QP matches in massive landslides. The whole time we were joking about how bad/mediocre we actually are and wondering why the matchmaker was feeding us these teams as a 3 and 4 stack. A few times we were ourselves totally steamrolled or held on just strong enough that the other team had to stop goofing around and use their likely comfort heroes to wipe us and finish the maps.

Best guess any of us had was that the double XP weekend brought back all of the casuals we used to play against, because last week when we played as a group we just got mercilessly slaughtered and taunted for a few hours until we quit for the night. Whatever the case, the matchmaker still sucks only this time we got the Ws.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Group matchmaking seems to heavily focus on matching party size over MMR averages. 2-3 people you'll likely get a decent enough match in comp or QP, but 4+ going back to OW1 it just feels like the wild west of either getting turbo-hosed or spending your time in voice with your buds waiting for the enemy team to respawn and feed one at a time.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I imagine it was them repurposing the script from Reaper's old healing orbs. Which are long, long gone for the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The reaction from the few friends I still play with once in a while is roughly: "Thank god, the special events were trash anyway" with a sprinkling of :psyduck: over how the game does tiny number tweaks and overhauls toolkits that could have been designed around in earlier campaign itterations.

That's four minds merged into one messy blurb.

You guys ever set up a pool for when the cancelation announcement was gonna be?