Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

your body suddenly trying to correctly communicate that "sleeping through the night sure would be helpful"?

well imma about to get pulled off my “piss like a racehorse” drug so maybe Ill find out what that’s like some time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I don’t get this chart

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s not very good

still

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

echinopsis posted:

it’s not very good

still

mlyp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
:hmmyes:

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

been trying to cut back on the weed, and holy poo poo are the dreams wild. woman i dated 20 years ago and haven't seen or talked to in 15 has been the star of the show three nights going now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is that good

it sounds good

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

more depressing than anything

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

6am, july 4. i think it's time for a bowl. bring back the dream suppression

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
hmmm

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

where’s ibuprofen

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

oh no blimp issue posted:

im on 70mg of lisdexamphetamine and it definitely doesn't make me feel buzzed or high or anything, i can just concentrate on things finally

concentration is it’s own high

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

the real high is getting your poo poo done without procrastinating and then going “holy poo poo i have so much guilt-free free time now”

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

polyester concept posted:

the real high is getting your poo poo done without procrastinating and then going “holy poo poo i have so much guilt-free free time now”

i have no idea what that’s like

mystes
May 31, 2006

mediaphage posted:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

mediaphage posted:

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

mediaphage posted:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

mediaphage posted:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I have a pharmacy education module thing to complete. gently caress I can't be bothered. its on oral contraceptives.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

mediaphage posted:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life

this is a ruse by Big Productivity because there is always more Stuff to do i will not be fooled

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

I need to see my dr to refill my vyvanse prescription but couldn't get an appointment early enough before my current supply runs out, so i didn't take any on the weekend so that i'll still have enough for the work week. back on it again today and it's so good :cheers:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
my doctor gave me enough for 2 a day but I asked if I could take three a day and i’ve also been experimenting with 2 at a time to see how that goes which I think is a more appropriate dose

sucks trying rk ration them. and now i’m out and I don’t see dr for a week so back to raw dogging it I guess

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
I generally don't take my addies on the weekends anyhow, keep tolerance down. Or at least that's what I tell myself

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

slowly coming to grips with very much needing therapy but ughhhhhh i don't want to

the last two attempts i made at therapy were dogshit, but my motivation to leave the house is nearly rock bottom, which isn't doing much for my ultimate goal of having a job again. agoraphobia sucks.

i couldn't get the last therapist i tried to even recognize that i needed help, nevermind that i was on medical leave from my job at the time because of bad brain. and my problems are so boring and banal (but they still exist!!!!). i'm bad at being honest with therapists. i hate disappointing them.

also really need to get a psychiatrist again. maybe getting back on adhd meds would ya know, help. on a similar note tho, i've gone without ambien for about a month now, AND my sleep is pretty good, and my sleep hygiene is the best it's ever been. silver linings.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

mediaphage posted:

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Gnossiennes posted:

slowly coming to grips with very much needing therapy but ughhhhhh i don't want to

the last two attempts i made at therapy were dogshit, but my motivation to leave the house is nearly rock bottom, which isn't doing much for my ultimate goal of having a job again. agoraphobia sucks.

i couldn't get the last therapist i tried to even recognize that i needed help, nevermind that i was on medical leave from my job at the time because of bad brain. and my problems are so boring and banal (but they still exist!!!!). i'm bad at being honest with therapists. i hate disappointing them.

also really need to get a psychiatrist again. maybe getting back on adhd meds would ya know, help. on a similar note tho, i've gone without ambien for about a month now, AND my sleep is pretty good, and my sleep hygiene is the best it's ever been. silver linings.

Getting your sleeping patterns in good shape is a great start!

I also have problems where I know what I need to do to help myself, but my brain just goes "er, no" and it doesn't happen. You need to be inthe right place mentally to take the first step.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
Keeping a good sleep schedule does wonders for your mental (and physical) health. Taking your adhd meds is gonna help you get of your rear end and do things. Talking about your problems with someone is going to help you deal with them.

I would also recommend some physical activity, I like to take walks but agoraphobia might make that hard

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Gnossiennes posted:

i know what you mean, i just started with a therapist and the whole thing feels like "i don't know what this is going to accomplish". like, i don't really have any problems talking about what my issues are but i'm not sure a therapist can really help with them. but i've been trying to keep an open attitude about it. i've only seen them twice though so it's still kinda early to tell if it would be actually helpful. still, if you feel you need to talk to someone about what's going on, you probably should

but yeah, at the very least talk to a psychiatrist. the adhd meds really do help when you're trying to get a job, i'm trying to get to see one here for it and it's been incredibly slow going. i had an "appointment" last week that was literally just intake and still don't have one with the actual doctor

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
mates

god drat i am depressed at the moment. about as bad as it gets

need to do bunch of poo poo to house before house sale finalised

on the upper hand next thursday i’ll have about 140k in my hand and i’ll be able to pay off every single debt I have and also buy my kids some sports shoes and one of them half of a gaming pc

but right now i have to do a few menial
things including calling a lock smith

and no lie my motivation is at an all time low. used all my ritalin and should get a more significant dose tomorrow

hopefully being back on that should do something foe the profound lack of motivation

gently caress I can be a loser :smugmrgw:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I appreciate every single one of you that has ever said anything nice to me

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
You're alright in my book, echi

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
sorry to hear that you're depressed. i've been going through it myself and it sucks rear end

but maybe it's being made worse by withdrawal? in that case getting your meds tomorrow should help. i hope you sort it out though

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

sorry you’re at a personal nadir atm bro, just think how much less stress you’re gonna have in a week. it’s gonna be grand.

where do we send the housewarming prezzies lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thankyou for the support my friends :) means a lot

some
good news : clearing our mail and find finalised divorced papers. am no longer married!!!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

echinopsis posted:

thankyou for the support my friends :) means a lot

some
good news : clearing our mail and find finalised divorced papers. am no longer married!!!

hurray

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Beeftweeter posted:

i know what you mean, i just started with a therapist and the whole thing feels like "i don't know what this is going to accomplish". like, i don't really have any problems talking about what my issues are but i'm not sure a therapist can really help with them. but i've been trying to keep an open attitude about it. i've only seen them twice though so it's still kinda early to tell if it would be actually helpful. still, if you feel you need to talk to someone about what's going on, you probably should

but yeah, at the very least talk to a psychiatrist. the adhd meds really do help when you're trying to get a job, i'm trying to get to see one here for it and it's been incredibly slow going. i had an "appointment" last week that was literally just intake and still don't have one with the actual doctor

yeah, i know that feeling. idk if it's similar for you on the adhd side, but any time a therapist asks "ok what are your goals?" it's just a blank stare from me. idk, what the gently caress are goals? my goals? to not be hosed up i guess???

i have years of therapy under my belt, but most of that time was wheel spinnin, tbh. what i likely need is decent emdr therapy, but it's a pain to find someone who does emdr, has good trans competency (or is also trans) and that takes my insurance, and that i jive with i guess. the whole idea of it is just, very demotivating!

anyway, my brain is not doin great. i need therapy and i know it, i need adhd meds again and i know it, i need to leave my house and i know it. but goddddd i have zero motivation to do any of it other than knowing i "need" to do it.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Gnossiennes posted:

but goddddd i have zero motivation to do any of it other than knowing i "need" to do it.

thats normal, isnt it?

oscillating between "head empty, forgot the thing" and "i need to do an overwhelming number of things and that's impossible right now" is what adulthood feels like afaict

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

yeah, i recently realized i don't actually want to get better

i think i want to want to get better, but i don't directly want to get better yet