Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Johnny Bravo posted:

Now that it's in the books, here's some final Ohtani numbers:

https://twitter.com/bmags94/status/1577799939601862656

Shohei Ohtani is so loving cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

sweet thursday posted:

Jays really 8-1 on that loss

welp

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Poque posted:

Absolutely cackling, one guy is holding a framed picture of himself and Albert while looking down at the floor while sad music plays, then one of his cohosts just called it out as being extremely weird

What the hell? :psyduck:

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Hirez posted:

good, because gently caress Pete Rose

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Griffey as a dickhead villain who wins was loving dope.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Put him in the hall for taking like 5 seconds between pitches.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

anyone have any links to how to actually pitch and hit in SMB3, i have tried to find tutorials but everything is just basic pitching poo poo like "hit the corners" and "mix up your pitches" and i am looking for am i supposed to hold the button while i'm trying to line up the thing with the other thing and i have no idea how to get my pitches to actually go anywhere.

Both hitting and pitching have a basic/contact version and a higher risk/reward "power" version. It sounds like you're using the power version to pitch, which requires you to aim a reticle (like the standard version) but also hold the bottom to "charge" it up, and miss wildly if you overcharge it. I'd suggest that, while you get used to the game, you sick to the basic versions.

For what it's worth, the game tries to steer you this way with its tutorials, as it'll first teach you how to hit/pitch with the basic tutorials, and will later give you the power tutorials; kind of a "crawl before you walk" approach. I'd suggest double-checking the tutorials for the basic pitch and the contract swing, play a few games solely with those, and try the power versions only one you're nice and comfortable with the basic versions.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Cartoony graphics aside, Super Mega Baseball 3 feels hella realistic to me because the last baseball game I played in depth was Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball, where Luis Sojo could bunt his way to first and steal home a few pitches later.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Tony Phillips posted:

Didn't see 2022 rosters, but I installed a 2021 mod and the M's are off to a good start as staff ace Marco Gonzales goes 8 2/3 perfect before the game cheated like a purple shell on Mario Kart and lined a first pitch double.

The offense didn't have much trouble though cruising to a 28 HR team effort led by ROY surefire M's standout for years Kyle Lewis and ageless wonder Kyle Seager.

I think I might need to bump the ego level up over it's current 15.

Good poo poo, game owns.

When starting out, I think that increasing Ego by 5 every game until you lose one is a decent way to dial it in. Chances are you'll learn from that loss where your gaps are and you can work on them at that ego level, and your victories will feel more accomplishing as you improve. Then you can bump ego up again once you find you have an 80% winrate or something (or just enjoy winning a lot, which is fine!). You can also increase ego for each individual part of the game, in case you find a comfortable level for batting, but still need more challenge on pitching or whatever else.

I love that the CPU will pick up on patterns in how you pitch and start sitting on what you often throw on a given count. And it tells you it's doing this, with an "Anticipated: X pitch in Y location on Z count" message on screen. You can also use this against the computer by breaking your pattern with something completely different, which will result in an awkward swing and a "Fooled!" message. That poo poo's so satisfying.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Ichiro is so loving cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Pahk the cah on Klubah's ahm.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

I appreciate all the catcher chat because it prompted me to watch videos of Ivan Rodriguez destroying baserunners. He was so loving cool.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

davecrazy posted:

Mike Trout was a Jeopardy clue tonight and they referenced him being known as the Millville Meteor which made me chuckle.

That's one of the greatest things ever to come out of this website.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

live with fruit posted:

RIP Mariners' hopes and dreams. At least they were able to end the drought.

The Mariners are going to win the World Series. There will be garlic fries for all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

Popete posted:

I just keep it simple and call them The Unearned Runner placed at 2nd past the 9th Inning

"Unearned Runner" owns.