Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Welcome Cardinals fans

Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Traxis posted:

They used up the last of their devil magic getting Pujols to 700

I’ll take it tbh

We gotta grab a good catcher/veteran bat/combo of both

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Didn’t Shohei say he wants to stay on the west coast so Japanese people can watch his games easier?

Anyway he would look awesome in a Cards jersey let’s goooooooo

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Forrest on Fire posted:

Wow I totally agree with this!

He'd get the same experience of not threatening contention, but it's cheaper to live there and the team is less cursed more inept.

Hey!!!!!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Get one really nice fitted cap from a loved one and then keep tweaking it until it finally fits perfectly and the brim is just the way you like it and you wear it at Progressive Field as the Cubs win game 7 and it's absorbed the same rain that soaked the players on the field that day, blessing the cap to become a LUCKY cap and you wear it while buying a Megamillions ticket and you win the jackpot and run outside, whooping and hollering but the brim of your lucky cap prevents you from seeing the falling air conditioner unit that crushes you to death and then you're buried in your favorite lucky cap for all eternity

(mostly a true story)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

So happy about this. I hope he plays there the rest of his career :D

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

mcmagic posted:

Judge played like poo poo in the playoffs and he got booed. He also has been great for the majority of his career and has been cheered thousands of times. I saw yankee fans boo Jeter or Rivera, first ballot hall of famers and the vast majority of the time they are worshiped here. If you have that thin a skin then maybe this isn't the fanbase for him and he should go to the Giants.

Sounds like a miserable fanbase to play for yeah.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Intruder posted:

Look I'm just saying it's great to be a Yankee as long as you never fail in any way otherwise you deserve to get poo poo on even if you hit more than 60 homeruns and come just short of a triple crown

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:psyduck:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

He’s gonna look awesome in a Cardinals jersey :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/MLB/status/1593390777526362114

Hell yeah

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love being positive and happy about baseball. The only people I genuinely can’t stand are fans who are miserable, burned out and super negative about a literal game that should either be enjoyed thoroughly or ignored. Don’t forget you’re complicit when something makes you angry!!!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Poque posted:

I had so much fun this year with the Cubs going 74-88. Can't wait for spring

As a Cardinals fan I like your team and I hope it gets better next year and we have some great games between us, take that bitch

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

R.D. Mangles posted:

if you maniacs sign Willie i am going to kidnap a Clydesdale

I feel like the Cards having a catcher with weak defense and whatnot isn’t what they want but :eyepop: dat bat :eyepop:

Is he even that bad defensively?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

R.D. Mangles posted:

I don't think so, he's so atheltic, good at blocking and has a loving howitzer arm and the best back pick in baseball, but apparently he's not good at Framing so baseball has decided he's garbage.

Yeah gently caress it, that can improve. Literally just stick Yadi around him 24/7 and he’ll sort it out.

Howitzer catchers own so hard

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I mean, yeah, good. Use a highly accurate effective weapon that gets the kill done quickly and efficiently with minimal chance of leaving the deer wounded :shrug: posting that sort of pic is the only thing weird there but it’s really just weird on a personal to me level. It’s pretty normal for hunting.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Is the Athletic worth it for the Cardinals and to a lesser extent the Rays? I got an offer for $1 a month for a year and that’s tempting even though I hate subscriptions.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I don’t really understand why the Cardinals let him go.

Athletic chat: thanks for the info, I’m checking out a trial of it now :)

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I love Joe Maddon and am tempted to get that book lol

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

fast cars loose anus posted:

Because subjective ideas about what makes someone good or bad is a deeply stupid reason to keep someone out of an institution that has Ty loving Cobb in it.

Put people in because they were good at baseball. If you care about cheating directly related to baseball, make sure you take out all the spitballers and greenie users and then that's fine. If you won't do that, put the modern PED users in too. Stop injecting criteria that aren't "was good at baseball" into HoF membership, or, if you're going to insist on it because of the dumb character clause, be loving consistent about it.

What we're building right now is a HoF that has giant holes where the history of the game ought to be. Schilling is just the most obvious current example, I do not intend to go on a personal crusade to get him in.

:yeah:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

DurosKlav posted:

Cardinals Announcer got caught drunk driving again!

Drunk driving once again! Dude seems to get a fat head from alcohol, then the next year its skinny, and then the year after that its back to be bloated by alcohol.

lol drat, what an idiot. I love Dan on the mic but it seems like he needs to get his poo poo together.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I really really hope the Willson deal goes official soon :woop: he’s exactly what the team needs and I’m no longer convinced that he’s a truly bad defender. I feel like that just became a thing and I fully believed it. There are enough people around the birds to whip that into better shape anyway

Sad we didn’t keep Quintana but oh well. One of my favorite half season players. He was awesome for the team. The Mets should love him as long as he doesn’t regress.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

That’s an insanely good deal for the Cards. drat. Nice. Now spend more money on some pitching and maybe another infielder and win a WS plz thx.

If Walker delivers next year too :gizz:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Honestly yeah I have no interest in talking poo poo about this to the Cubs outside of the org itself. I would be pretty pissed about it because it just doesn’t make sense. Unless the dude is truly awful in some way, contract wise, performance, attitude, whatever then just keep him? He fit well with that Cubs team and it seems like such a weird player to just decide you’re done with and not even try to trade him before the season ends. I don’t get it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Good lord I'm dumb as hell. I spent the last few pages mixing up Mauer and Bauer in my head and was really confused and sad :negative:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

:drat:

I can’t wait to see this dude’s bat in the lineup.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

What’s the actual concrete proof of juiced balls here?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

A fella can hope

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/stltoday/status/1603465293388517376

Didn’t see this posted. It’s a shame but had to happen. I hope Dan gets his poo poo together.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mike_V posted:

He's so self-righteous and annoying at many times, but I think it's inarguable that he is incredibly talented as a PBP guy and clearly loves baseball a ton.

Now give me my dream of Bernie Federko and Al Hrabowsky calling a game with Mike Shannon roaming the stands

I want Waino in the booth when he retires so bad.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Pussy Boss posted:

Benintendi is a career .279/.351/.431 hitter and hit .300 last year. That's a useful player, but... yawn.

I would be a bad GM because I would never sign players like that. Give me guys who hit massive dingers plz

:same:

sort by HR and start dumping the money in, let’s fuckin’ GO

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The team with the worst fans is the team that beats my team

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

gently caress cancer

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

camoseven posted:

If y'all like good names can I recommend the Bangladeshi cricket premier league?

Excellent

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

camoseven posted:

Yadier Molina is a future HoFer right? I have been thinking "yes, of course" cause he's the best defensive catcher I've ever seen, but I just looked and he's only got like 40 WAR so idk what'll happen

Absolutely.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Inspector_666 posted:

He had a kid almost right when he turned it all around. Players are people, he was almost assuredly distracted that first half.

It’s interesting how hard this sort of thing is to consider for whatever reason with athletes. I’m guilty of downplaying it too. I got a new puppy a little before Christmas and I’m still barely able to keep up with like half of my usual routine. The mental energy drain alone is a lot to handle. It’s tough! I can’t imagine being a pro athlete and trying to deal with things like that. Balancing it all. All the money and help in the world doesn’t really change how much it can affect a person.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The Cards are calling up Walker this season for sure, right? I can’t wait for that.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sam Coonrod

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

I also think about jamming needles into skin when I hear about Fernando Tatis Jr

:drat: