Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Savant has arm strength ratings now and Trout is in the 86th percentile lol. Here's his avg mph going back to 2020 (first year they have data):

2020: 86.6
2021: 88.2
2022: 90.2

Even with injuries he's still a plus defensive CF going into his 13th season in the majors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Well, it only took 3 days before I started reading reviews for ootp 2023 on Steam

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Angels GM PM is an Anthopoulos acolyte so I can't wait to see the inevitable copy and then failure of this strategy in Anaheim because of the gap in pure talent.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Please put Arte Moreno in a Goodbye Lenin style false reality in which Correa hasn't opted out.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Nodoze posted:

I could see Correa ending up on the Angels depending on who buys them

Nooooooo

I highly doubt that now just because Soto, Neto, Paris are all either in the bigs or playing well in AA. Unfortunately none of them are knockout defensive SS so it wouldn't surprise me to see Fletcher at SS as long as he's healthy. If the Angels overpay for anyone this off-season it'll be Synergaard again. Maybe Edwin Diaz, but they dropped Iglesias so quickly at the deadline maybe they think Ben Joyce will be ready next year who the gently caress knows.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Re Ohtani trade, I wouldn't be surprised if the Angels tried to package him with Rendon for a reduced prospect package. Looking at you Yankees...

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
They'd also have to play Stanton in RF the entire season with Ohtani at DH. Unless they send Stanton to Anaheim as part of the deal lol.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
No Ohtani but Mr. -8 OAA Luis Rengifo made the cut???? Fletcher was +8 in 61 games lol

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Bad sign cause this quote is exclusively invoked by men who are doing something extremely stupid
https://twitter.com/wearyhobo/status/1585020340362682385

Back in 18/19 at my hs alumni game I saw Skip strikeout on 3 pitches against a high schooler who's now in the Marlins org lol. Baseball rules

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

FlamingLiberal posted:

Who was the pitcher

Pretty sure it was Evan Fitterer, he spent 2022 in high A Beloit.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Re: Urshela on the Angels. Fletcher will be the starting SS in 2023, Urshela will probably see some time at 1B now that Walsh is garbage.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Players market? The floor seems to have been raised considerably at least.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
5/185 is an insane risk for the Rangers, but at least it gets us a better chance at deGrom v Ohtani

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Heaney getting 2/25 to pitch at Globe Life is laughable. That new slider isn't going to fool anyone in the AL West.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Have to assume at this point the Angels are begging Correra to take another 1 year deal (with additional player options) so he can chase a ring with Ohtani.

Angels should re-sign Lorenzen to a short deal and stand pat on bats imo.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Sab0921 posted:

I'm not sure Correa is the missing piece the angels need to compete for a world series

Can they trade for an entire bullpen and a bacta tank for Rendon as well?

Taijuan Walker to the Phillies 4/72 is insanity lol, extremely good deal for Taijuan and his agent.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Remember when the Angels got Tyler Anderson for 3/39 lol

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

maffew buildings posted:

i had no idea bauer had an academic background in engineering, that definitely makes him the stupidest loving player in baseball in my book

He doesn't have an academic engineering background. He enrolled as a mechanical engineering major and dropped it almost immediately. I was in the same program, at the same school, at the same time.

Gorman Thomas fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Dec 8, 2022

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

zoux posted:

Well, what’s your four seamer spin rate

Also did you have classes with him

Nope, I'm a year older but the mech/aero major wasn't that big, we would have crossed paths or I would have known someone who did. He may have taken a couple GE courses like calc or physics but I highly, highly doubt he ever took any 100 level classes.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The impetus of all that sticky stuff bullshit was Bauer's 13 year grudge against Gerrit Cole lmao.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Angels better be doing everything possible to get Adames if he's not a part of that trade.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Why would he be available?

Tweet on the previous page floated the possibility (not a good source of course) and the Brewers are selling?? Honestly I don't know what the Brewers are doing.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Holy poo poo lol

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Synergaard to Dodgers no details yet per Passan

^^^ https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/12/dodgers-to-sign-noah-syndergaard.html

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
The Angels, as a team, will spend 0 days on the IL this year and you'll be sorry when they finish 80-82.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Tony Kemp is great and I hope he gets paid eventually.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Ohtani signing with the Astros next year would be the biggest heel move in history and I'd be forced to respect it.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

The current Angels tv pbp guy (Matty V doesn't count) is, no joke, Barry Lyndon's son lol. He wasn't very good at the job though.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Really hope Lacob or some other rich rear end in a top hat buys the Angels, moves them to LA, and starts dropping cash on player development.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1605772916745969665?t=Vv3mHstv-xXmg7KJNZnOjg&s=19

Alvarez Time

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

bawfuls posted:

"Well he's a very polarizing figure, some fans hate him and some love him, do people will be mad no matter what we do. Better just keep him then to not waste they money. We are very smart!"

The Bauer takes from my coworkers have been almost universally disappointing. It's wild that ppl think he was acquitted because the case was dropped.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Red posted:

Nobody has a clue what the starting lineup is.

I thought Fletcher had earned an everyday job, but whatever.

Opening day is probably

C: Stassi unless O'Hoppe had a great off-season
1B: Walsh but Urshela will get plenty of reps
2B: Rengifo?
3B: Rendon until he breaks his hand in spring training
SS: Fletcher?
OF: Trout, Renfroe, Ward
DH: Ohtani

The outfield is set but that infield is going to be a huge rotation of Rengifo/Fletcher/Walsh/Urshela/Rendon/Drury with Soto/Velasquez on the taxi squad and maybe a late season appearance by Neto.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007

Red posted:

They love the poo poo out of Rengifo for some reason, but then why sign Drury?

Depth, because it's inevitable that at least 4 of those infielders will be on the IL at the same time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
gently caress you Arte!!!