Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Braves should reunite the Contreras bros after they launch Ozuna into a volcano

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

R.D. Mangles posted:

The cardinals will sign a guy out of indy ball named like "spunk" jarfis who will hit .283/.367/.469.

The fans will push for Chadwick Tromp, until they see a picture of him.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Passan with the nuclear option

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1579925482514313216?t=CG9IHTytg_bdUxc8FX5tQg&s=19

(whole exchange is a tremendous display of Jeff stuffing a dork in a locker)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

congrats on the regular season world championship, dodgers

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Silly thought "experiment" that's been rattling around my noggin

If each division made a team using All Star rules of at least one representative from each team, which division would field the best squad?

I know Mets and Braves had a lackluster postseason showing, but I think the NL East would be pretty solid, though guys like Albies and Chisolm being injured hurts things a bit.

But Alcantara, deGrom, Scherzer, Wright, Strider (also assuming fully healthy), Fried is a p solid rotation, plus Diaz and Iglesias in the pen.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Teams should have to trade their best pitcher and second best hitter for Ohtani, none of this prospects malarkey

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

where money mike tho???

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sydin posted:

https://www.nj.com/yankees/2022/10/giants-on-mission-to-steal-aaron-judge-from-yankees-they-wont-be-underbid.html

Honestly I expected the Giants to sit it out a couple years given the surging Dodgers and Padres, so it'd be neat if they said actually nah gently caress that noise and went all in on signing Judge + a couple other top tier FA's. That said Judge's all fields HR approach would get suppressed to hell and back by Oracle.

Imagine setting the AL home run record one year and the MLB triples record the next

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Imagine being such a poo poo head fanbase that you make Josh Donaldson into a sympathetic figure

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

It's only collusion if it happens in the Colludè region of France. Everything else is sparkling scheming

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Popete posted:

The Los Angeles Knights of Ren

The LA Ren Faire

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

A friend of mine ran a sim league set in the 1920s, and this was his sizzle reel for the upcoming 1921 season, and it is glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dz-czh77pVs

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Hearing the Braves are considering a trade that would send Jesse Chavez to Atlanta for Jesse Chavez. Mixed feelings, obviously. I love Chavez and want him back, but not if Atlanta has to give up Chavez to get Chavez.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

makes my blood boil seeing CHEATERS even considered for the Hall of Fame, where there are NO CHEATERS and baseball 100% does not have a history of CONSTANT CHEATING

now lets tell folksy tales of gaylord perry throwing greaseballs or phil niekro using a nail file on the ball

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

So essentially it’s kinda like when I draft an injured player in a fantasy draft so I hope I can stash him on the dl?

Only if you're fine getting slapped by Tommy Pham, cuz he slaps for that kinda behavior

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Dodgers already have cheating Mookie from the cheating Red Sox, so there shouldn't be any issue getting cheating Carlos from the cheating Astros, too

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

UFC 282

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Going to miss Contreras.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

The Astros made the World Series without Verlander in 2021 and also ran Rodon in under 3 during the playoffs that year.

Maybe losing JV will be a huge blow, but I don't see it given how 2021 played out.

I also look forward to another complete replication of the 2021 World Series. As a Barves fan, thank you for this endorsement

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

No problem. Would you like to hear in grave detail about how Jorge Soler crushed my hopes and dreams? I had a wonderful view from Section 209.

Shout out watching enormous Cuban men obliterate home runs in games 6 to propel our preferred team to a World Series victory, may it continue for 10000 years (Atlanta just gotta find a new one for next year)

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

He does have very good hair though

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Giants team doctors unable to recognize that dawg in Carlos, leading him to have off the charts willingness to win levels

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/HeheWaitWhut/status/1606095811435106305

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

elentar posted:

In mostly inconsequential news, the Braves resigned Gen. Jackson Stephens for mopup work

roll tide

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

gross

https://twitter.com/DanClarkSports/status/1609404183463223298

also, the coward won't say who he talked to and isn't allowing replies

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

I like Francoeur and Moylan. Brian Jordan is not good

I like Tom Glavine's early stints when he'd be silent for 4 innings and then randomly chime in with "good pitch"

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

maffew buildings posted:

I think all strategy should be removed from baseball and it should be all dingers all the time and banning the shift is a good first step (for fan enjoyment)

abandon the bunt at your own peril

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Carlos Correa has a little gremlin living inside his leg, gnawing on his leg bones.

For some reason, a few teams finds this concerning.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

elentar posted:

i guess this was inevitable but still feel a little pang for his weird gamer rear end going off to another team

Reuniting him and Joc, the Burgundy Boys ride again

Also, I always assumed Luke never warmed up in the bullpen, but spent the whole time on Star Wars message boards

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Manny Machado wants Many Morecheddar

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

more falafel please posted:

Look, someone still has to sweep home plate

Get a lil Roomba out there

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Cutch is gonna tear it up in the summer. Why? FURRIES

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPVw8MJzY08

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Now that's a name

https://twitter.com/ProductiveOuts/status/1614653749427077122?t=qpIbal-93_OuWJyt2f1LRA&s=19

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

R.D. Mangles posted:

should i tell 'em

did i get got by a goof account

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Red Sox are signing Adam Duvall.

1 year, $7 million, which means he's going to earn $2.3 million purely to strike out. Worth a gamble, though, that he will produce a positive WAR and stay healthy. Dude can deliver some moonshots.

I just hope Bloopy has some visitation with Stone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Joe West having a normal retirement

https://twitter.com/gifs_baseball/status/1623379431791140872