Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
What happened to Pearson?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Hand Knit posted:

I think he just TINSTAPPed.

I don’t know what that means.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

i don't want to be rude but if a team i root for lost like the jays did today i would become a batman villain.

Don’t worry Toronto sports fans are used to this with the leafs already

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Popete posted:

Well I mean, he is a Cubs fan and there was that little 108 year stretch...

Meanwhile in Toronto it was 4-1 has turned into it was 8-1

we are so used to this

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

LobsterMobster posted:

Passan with the nuclear option

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1579925482514313216?t=CG9IHTytg_bdUxc8FX5tQg&s=19

(whole exchange is a tremendous display of Jeff stuffing a dork in a locker)

deleted

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Delete Twitter.

there's been some good news on that front recently if you haven't heard

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

no stieb get hosed

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

Unfortunately I don’t think he ever gets in

why not he deserves it

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

you meant C/3B/1B/P

that's not 225 pounds that's 225 inches across the baseline

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Sydin posted:

The bigger problem for Puig is that he's plead guilty to a felony with a statutory 5 year prison sentence attached. Even if he avoids jail time as part of his plea bargain I can't imagine South Korea is going to continue to let him stay on whatever visa he has.

I don’t think it takes away from your point about SK revoking his visa, but the DoJ press release says statutory maximum, not minimum for the false statement felony. The press release may be incorrect, but if it’s the statutory maximum that’s how much time he could be in prison, not the minimum time he will be in prison. Big difference.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
“oh, let me get the roast out of the warming bernabel”

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

those guys scored

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah and like imagine the last couple of years of posting for you as an Astro fan as like the entire time I’ve been posting as a Yankee fan. And this past year just wore me down with the extreme nastiness coming from both sides and non stop. Just hate, hate, hate. I’d say that people are having no fun but it’s clear they’re having fun at my expense. Ruining the game for me is their fun I guess. And yeah, I should just leave. It’s what I can control. But habits are hard to break and I keep hoping I can enjoy this game I love with others in a fun, civil way and not the nasty one sided poo poo talking way so many want.

I don’t even dare wander into NBA or NFL threads as a Knicks and Jets fan. I know full well my teams are the laughingstocks of those leagues and what people enjoy from them. I’m just a New Yorker so I don’t deserve decency or civility or whatever. I’m not an actual person. I’m just a Yankee fan.

You should pick up hockey. No one’s mean to the NYR/NYI/NJD fans just for being fans of those teams.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

lobster shirt posted:

thinking of a situation that hasn't happened yet and turning beet red with anger

Hi. Welcome to the Internet. We hope you have a great time.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

euphronius posted:

Perhaps MLB should not have included me in their focus group

Hits Georg was an outlier and should not have been surveyed

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Intruder posted:

Where's Peru for Luzardo :colbert:

Yes I know his parents are Venezuelan but he was born in Lima

He was born in Odessa, so he’s Russian

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Cabbit posted:

I actually quite like "unearned runner", it succinctly sums up why this rule is dumb as gently caress and has a good cadence.

unearned runner missed by endless tag out