Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's your 2022 MVP?
This poll is closed.
Shohei Ohtani 50 59.52%
Aaron Judge 19 22.62%
Hey, the national league has an MVP too you know! 15 17.86%
Total: 84 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hahahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

for the cubsposters, assuming the ricketts family actually ponies up as all the rumors say, which shortstop would you want?

Turner if you get him to play some CF. Correa (I know) if you can get him to play some 3B

Honestly idk what to do with this FA class though. Middle infield isn't our big need and the SP class that is likely to opt out (aka very few of them) loving sucks

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
It would have been kind of funny if Judge stayed stuck at 61 and this bomb at Camden was a reason for it

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/sporty-videos?playId=85b58836-83f0-4fc7-8368-6bb8f6561a02

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
MLB Network is airing some retrospective on Pujols and Yadi and it's being presented like a loving funeral and it's deeply uncomfortable

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Absolutely cackling, one guy is holding a framed picture of himself and Albert while looking down at the floor while sad music plays, then one of his cohosts just called it out as being extremely weird

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Got my Nico Hoerner opening day foul ball signed!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

LobsterMobster posted:

Passan with the nuclear option

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1579925482514313216?t=CG9IHTytg_bdUxc8FX5tQg&s=19

(whole exchange is a tremendous display of Jeff stuffing a dork in a locker)

roll with a pig and you just get dirty. Passan looks stupid here

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/rawlingssports/status/1583171197927243776

Let's go Happ

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
YankeesFans is king for sure. My personal fave is still

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Cubs 2024-2029

Cubs 2022-2029 (take ownership of the Phillies' victory by virtue of season sweeping them)

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

IcePhoenix posted:

anyone else surprised Ichiro wasn't on this list and had to go look him up?

Haha yep, first instinct

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

In non cubspost news

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Where the moves at

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

I'm sure Truth Social already has a lot of fans of Haman.

:discourse:

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Jason Heyward: proven winner
Aaron Judge: hideous, worthless loser

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

mcmagic posted:

I love the non yankee fans in here who think the yankee roster is great and they should keep doing what they are doing. You are either trolling or dumb.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

SHORT MAD MAN GUY IN THE ELEVATOR: You're not understanding how bad the yankees roster is!

DON DRAPER (seething): I am thinking about how many votes Christopher Morel will win the NL MVP by.

god dammit lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Sydin posted:

Oh hey weird, we spoke his name and then this just dropped:

https://twitter.com/PJ_Mooney/status/1591810648261918722

This definitely won't end in tragedy and bring me flashbacks of Brandon Roy coming out of retirement with the Timberwolves

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Red posted:

Only Kyle Farnsworth is 'The Professor', what is this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

MrMidnight posted:

Edit: Looks like I was beaten!

Tyler Anderson to the Angels

https://twitter.com/JeffPassan/stat...-the-al-west%2F

The Angels are BACK

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

don’t worry they undo all his progress by telling him not to throw his best off speed pitch or something

I have never worried about the Angels and am not about to start now

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

bawfuls posted:

Idk if this is just wild speculation or real, but drat might as well get Correa too and force Dodgers fans to root for all the guys we loathe

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1592640187129298944?s=46&t=CdijuUBoYJQO5dJ5MvLFxA

He should know better than to lead his tweet with "x to y" lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
as punishment, Aaron Judge is forced to sign with Cincinnati.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Tatsuta Age posted:

really hope degrom stays in the NL East so somebody can take on that albatross rear end contract and the braves can destroy him again in 2023

monkey's paw curls, deGrom signs with Braves and they blow out his shoulder

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

literal chills thinking about the fallout from 2/5/8

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Many people are saying that the Chicago Cubs are back

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/ChiSportUpdates/status/1593994436031266820?t=laKeTjsDENBPjwh97IcO8g&s=19

Do itttt

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ihatepants posted:

Asdrubal Cabrera did not like this batter pimping his homerun in Venezuelan Winter League

https://twitter.com/JomboyMedia/status/1594158883098042368?s=20&t=9X6FsATB-9nmzqo_z73jhg

Weak-minded

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Kilometers Davis posted:

I love being positive and happy about baseball. The only people I genuinely can’t stand are fans who are miserable, burned out and super negative about a literal game that should either be enjoyed thoroughly or ignored. Don’t forget you’re complicit when something makes you angry!!!

I had so much fun this year with the Cubs going 74-88. Can't wait for spring

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm so jacked for the World Baseball Classic

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Spoeank posted:

my brain has been so broken by the internet that I see lines and circles and I immediately try to figure out what peabrained conspiracy this article is trying to peddle

shaking hands with dusty? collusion

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

R.D. Mangles posted:

Do switch hitters have to wear two patches?

I asked this recently and was told it'll depend on which way they'll start batting

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

STAC Goat posted:

That sounds like they’ll have two jerseys but will wear the one that fits with their first ab of the game. So if a lefty is pitching and you’re batting righty you’d wear it on your left side. If they bring a rightie in and you switch sides you keep the same jersey.

Yeah it's this. Appreciate the clarification!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

zoux posted:

I guess they have data that shows naming your ballpark something that all the fans hate or putting patches and logos that all the fans hate all over stuff is effective, but I thought FTX was a uniform company before they were revealed as this months biggest crypto scam

My conspiracy theory is that marketing itself is a huge scam and no one knows what works, successful marketing is as predictable and repeatable as making a viral meme and all the marketing companies are juking the stats

Some of the ads at parks really baffle me. We have several huge sponsors paying us untold amounts of money and I still could not tell you what they do or why they think it's a value-add to have this sort of advertisement in the park.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Intruder posted:

Are.... are they including the ad patch on uniforms fans buy? That's insane

I asked that too but don't quite remember the answer. I want to say that the stupid-expensive authentic ones will, but the cheaper ones made specifically to wear will not. sure hope that's the case.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Julio Cruz posted:

surprised he went to the Red Sox, I always thought his favourite colour was Yellow

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

This is a pathetic rear end response lmao

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I'm bored where are the deals

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
no longer bored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Nats glad to have won in 2019 now that they have to stare at both Harper and Turner on a division rival for the next 900 years