Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CitizenKeen posted:

New game from Ben Brode's Second Dinner: Marvel Snap!

Official Announcement and First Look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rnAN1-cP6w

Gameplay Walkthrough: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMEEHH1E8ko

Looks like it's a really, really glossy mobile game of Smash Up, but Marvel. I'm okay with this.

It's cellphone free to play garbage however it's out on early access on steam and the game's too good to just be in the mobile gaming subforum but still :
Just gross. Also

Steam posted:

59.7 hrs last two weeks / 59.7 hrs on record
The steam version released on 10/18. No I don't have a problem.

Apocalypse sucks, you've been warned.

Oh and there's a mobile game thread which I stole part of my OP from. I suppose you could go there, but I suspect many prospective players aren't going to see it so I made this one. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002418

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

What a poo poo op, knew I should have made one last week when I picked this back up

Apocalypse also does not suck

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Wheeee posted:

What a poo poo op, knew I should have made one last week when I picked this back up

Apocalypse also does not suck

SNAP! :smuggo: now what?

try the new taco place
Jan 4, 2004

hey mister... can u play drums while I sing and play plastic guitar???
i just had a game with bar sinister where i played morph and got 4 lady sifs who all killed Apocalypse, then my opponent played 4 lady sifs there and they all killed THEIR apocalypse, and we both did the Spider-man pointing emoji

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The thing about Apocalypse at least in early pool 2 and pool 1 is that he is worse than Hulk. Imagine a Hulk that broadcast the fact you have Hulk in your hand, that sometimes is only 8/8. Not good. That's not good. Devil Dinosaur is easier to pull off, is cheaper, is almost always more powerful.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

There’s a real thread now.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

It's okay we can have two threads. That's how great the game is. Apparently mine's imaginary anyway.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Congratulations to Moon Girl for being my first infinite.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 26, 2022

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Duck and Cover posted:

The thing about Apocalypse at least in early pool 2 and pool 1 is that he is worse than Hulk. Imagine a Hulk that broadcast the fact you have Hulk in your hand, that sometimes is only 8/8. Not good. That's not good. Devil Dinosaur is easier to pull off, is cheaper, is almost always more powerful.
You're supposed to put him in a deck with other ongoing effects, OP

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
so is blue marvel the best pool 1 card by a million?

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

No Wave posted:

I'd put Angela at the top of pool 1.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CapnAndy posted:

You're supposed to put him in a deck with other ongoing effects, OP

How dare somebody give me "advice" do you know who I am? The fact is Apocalypse is bad and while I'm willing to change my mind on acquiring more card I doubt it'll happen given what I've seen. Devil Dinosaur is even less telegraphed than Apocalypse since it's so visible when Apocalypse gets discarded. Nobody is going to expect Hulk. Not that I'd advise the use of Hulk just that the advantages given by not telling your opponent "hey I really want to play my big card" shouldn't be ignored.

No Wave posted:

Nah. It's also boring. A boring decent card (if you have the deck for it).

edit: Lizard. Boring but strong. I'm going with Lizard.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Oct 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

New/old thread. Closing this one. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4002418