Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
midterm predictions
This poll is closed.
blue wave 61 10.57%
red wave 65 11.27%
stalemate 92 15.94%
goku 359 62.22%
Total: 459 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

yutnp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

imagine unbanning Mark Finchem instead of trump

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Imagine being horny for ghosts when your entire job is to fight them. Disgusting. Ray Stanz should have been summarily executed.

technically they're kidnapping the ghosts

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Durf posted:

lol a bunch of enraged chuds are now holding Musk responsible for everything that happens to them on twitter

they just wanted to bbe a poster

https://twitter.com/sambrodey/status/1587194619665661952

sic simper moddis

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

lmao im the tropical drizzle

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

titty_baby_ posted:

Always makes me giggle when I vote goku as a poll option

the spirit bomb has to come from somewhere

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

petit choux posted:

He's still smoking weed. He's synergizing.

moisturized, happy, in his lane

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

triple sulk posted:

no... no!!!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

holtemon posted:

Excuse me this is the TRMP thread

GOOD POSTS ONLY

who?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

wrigglin'

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

pulling up twitter and the only posts that aren't censored are from kanye, kfc, and wendy's

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

it's a bargain, just $10 a month to not make your required post on twitter

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

this sounds like a standard electoral strategy no problems here

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

repeating that the current My President of the united states refused resurrection once again by the dragon balls

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

AxGrap posted:

They're gonna re-9/11 it

still kind of reeling from whichever newscast used this phrase for calling the police in the last day or so

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

heard of tropical trump and died! like a dog!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

paying $8 a mo for my poster tag

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

DrPossum posted:

wait for real?

last posts were like years ago that guy's gone

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

going easy on glenn since he's still getting over the election results

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

VideoKid posted:

when are they gonna realize or care that this is clearly not working lol

pretty sure the cruelty is the point, or harming the general population until their politicians are elected

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Louisgod posted:

the only thing I've ever seen the fed do is increase or decrease interest rates and am convinced this is all they have ever done.

they're the lever comic but unironically

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the ol' jerk n whizz

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

tacodaemon posted:

Over a year later, Republican appointees to Wisconsin tech school board still refuse to resign despite expired terms

The Badger Project
September 28, 2022

https://pbswisconsin.org/news-item/...-expired-terms/

Three members of the 13-seat Wisconsin Technical College System board continue to serve in those positions despite their terms ending in May of 2021.

The trio — Becky Levzow, Kelly Tourdot and Mary Williams, a former Republican state legislator — were all appointed by former Gov. Scott Walker, a Republican.

In June, the right-leaning majority of the Wisconsin Supreme Court ruled that a Walker-appointed member of the state's Department of Natural Resources board, Fred Prehn, who had also refused to resign despite his term expiring, could not be removed by Democratic Gov. Tony Evers without cause. That court decision opened the door for the three members of the technical college board to remain indefinitely past the ends of their terms.

Reached by phone and asked why she is staying on the board when her term was ended, Williams had the following to say:

"I think it's a rule," she said in the short interview before ending it to take another call. "You stay and as soon as the Senate takes up that person, and they go through what they have to do, that's when I'm gone."

Levzow, a dairy farmer from Rio and Tourdot, a construction trade association executive from Waunakee, did not return several messages seeking comment.

Regardless of what happens in the Republican-controlled state Senate, board members with expired terms could step down at any time, but the state Supreme Court decision severely restricts the governor's ability to force them out.

Since Evers became governor in 2019, the state Senate has refused to confirm many of his appointees, including for the DNR board and the technical college board. Evers' appointees would replace the Republican-appointed members who now refuse to depart the boards despite their terms ending.

And Senate Majority Leader Devin LeMahieu, R-Oostburg, said in January the state Senate would not confirm any more for the rest of 2022.

"It's kind of a sad commentary on the way that politics is going these days," said Joseph Heim, a UW-La Crosse political science professor emeritus. "It seems to me it's a groundbreaking tactic that just adds to the overall turmoil in the government in Wisconsin."

Should Evers win re-election this fall, other Republican-appointed members of state boards might continue the practice of staying on past the expiration of their terms. When reached by The Badger Project in July, two other Walker-appointed members of the DNR board refused to say whether they would step down when their terms end in 2023. Prehn staying on the board past the end of his term ensures a Republican majority for the time being. And the president of the technical college board Rodney Pasch, who was also appointed by Walker, would not commit to stepping down when his term expires next year, according to the Wisconsin State Journal.

The terms of state boards are staggered with the intention that an incoming governor from an opposing party cannot immediately remake its membership with their preferred appointees.

But Republican norm-breaking has allowed the political party to maintain control of the DNR board, and could flip other boards to their control sooner if they win the governor’s seat this fall, experts say. A Republican governor's nominees are likely to be approved by the state Senate, which is controlled by Republicans now and highly unlikely to be retaken by Democrats in 2022. This is due to the fact that all state legislators must run in district maps drawn by Republicans that maximize their electoral advantage.

Ed Miller, a political science professor emeritus at the UW-Stevens Point, wrote in an email that "my view is a term is a term. Once the term is over, the position is vacant."

Allowing the past appointee to go beyond the term is unconstitutional by violating the Constitution's allocation of powers and a violation of the statute that created the term, he wrote.

"The court majority is just making up the decision to adhere to their partisanship," Miller wrote. "Reflects badly on the court."

In her majority opinion for the court's right-leaning bloc, Wisconsin Supreme Court Chief Justice Annette Ziegler wrote that Prehn could stay past the end of his term until his successor is confirmed by the state Senate.

"This conclusion complies with the plain language of the Wisconsin Statutes and does not raise constitutional concerns," she wrote.

The court's three left-leaning justices disagreed.

"The majority's absurd holding allows Prehn's six-year term on the Board of Natural Resources — which expired over a year ago — to last for as long as Prehn wants it to, so long as he refuses to leave and the Senate doesn't confirm a successor nominated by the governor," Justice Rebecca Dallet wrote in her dissent.

imagine stepping down because someone lost an election

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the tulsi thing going full nazi camps thing was quicker than I'd have thought, but i guess that's always a fascism thing since she was always that way

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Schmoe Cwead posted:

he lived an amazing life what can u say

he even got to be in that movie with the home alone kid

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Fireside Nut posted:

She has another tweet with the itemized CPT codes. I stand corrected, she wasn't in the ED but was seen at a clinic. Not that it's a shock, but this is criminal.

what you don't value your hearing at a few thou every few months?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

do something !

https://twitter.com/VP/status/1587849519709954049

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Three Olives posted:

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1587880117828997120

So in case anyone was wondering how Politico got the emails of Trump committing crimes with his lawyer...

that's rough mr. n. letter

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

antitrust! not antichrist gently caress

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

SirPablo posted:

Judge ordered this chud to post on her social media accounts (truth lol) that it isn't illegal if someone walks up to a ballot box with more than one envelope.

https://twitter.com/brahmresnik/status/1587894127617679360

where's the ban

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Joementum posted:

acid washed b each!!!

wiped? ike with a c oth?

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Joementum posted:

Zelenskyy is in for a rude awakening this time next week

https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/status/1588129623161839617

employment is too drat high!

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

Consummate Professional posted:

looking at pictures of rail transit maps

god i wish that was me

1909, have abandoned about half

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

usually the problem with kids' entertainment is that it sucks rear end. hell yeah affirmations are great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

im very sorry but im glad i did it