Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The best part about another power forward breaking out at 24/25 means GMs will continue drafting talentless giant guys in the hopes that they get one of those, because Thompson showed at pretty much no level before the NHL that he was ever capable of hitting this kind of performance

we can call it the parable of the Dach and the Caufield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mike_V posted:

the blues are loving terrible and i hope they continue to be so they can finally replenish their prospect pool! but i know doug armstrong and ownership won't allow that so looking forward to trading more first rounders for a lovely defenseman!

what's their story this season? On paper they should have plenty of firepower

Defense/goalie that bad?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Matt Zerella posted:

Carter Hart is a very good goalie.

Kinda ironic that the fans were bitching at him all of last year to be better and now they want him to be worse

it's tough for Flyer's goalies

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

but boy oh boy does Dumoulin look bad.

https://twitter.com/GunnerStaal/status/1587641434873659392?s=20&t=_z0jsbYIskHEqGzXfK8HTA

Yeah this is a problem

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

IMO the bottom line is how his teammates feel about it. If they have a problem, they should tell him. If they don't, then it's fine. People like Rupp and anyone else can gently caress off about it if they're not privy to what's going on in the locker room

I'd be angrier if my star teammate broke his hand or got concussed and hosed up our season

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I think the only way you could even begin to consider it is an in-depth public apology/meeting with the family if they want and him donating nearly his whole drat salary and free time to charities.
After he does that for a few years without incident maybe, maybe you consider letting him up with an absolutely zero tolerance policy for like... anything.

And yeah that sounds arduous and impossible but dude deserves whatever the opposite of "benefit of the doubt" is

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

WeaponX posted:

The “he made a mistake and should get a second chance” narrative is false because it implies a singular event. This was a pattern of abuse to the point he had to be put in front of a judge who said they did not think he was truly remorseful. He chose to not change his behavior many, many, times despite given opportunities to do so. And all that’s even before his half-hearted attempts at an apology when drafted.

Eh, yeah I'm immediately back on team "gently caress that guy and gently caress the bruins for signing him"

penalize them a draft pick

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I would welcome ZAR back with open arms

I'd take him over McGinn any day. Especially comparing the contracts

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The corporate equivalent of "I'm sorry, I'm sorry. I'm trying to remove it"

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Konstantin posted:

One thing the Miller drama does is sends every hockey parent a very clear message: If your son does something bad, do everything in your power to deny, bury, and minimize it. If it gets out, your son's career is finished, it doesn't matter how young your son is or what he does to try and atone. Taking responsibility just makes your child a target.

Yeah it's definitely this and not "make sure I teach my child not to be a racist, abusive monster"

Because let he who has not tortured a developmentally disabled peer cast the first stone

ouch
hey
who is
why are you all throwing stones is this not a normal thing to have done

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Now who needs a veteran LD we can fleece with pedigree

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

.Spec posted:

Boy I just watched a video of Kane getting his wrist stepped on and bleeding everywhere and, 0/5 stars. Really wish I'd gotten a content warning there.

fake edit: a bad snipe

yeah that is gruesome poo poo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I'd prefer not to think about it. More importantly for tonight and tomorrow is if there has been an update on PoJ and Rutta.

they took the skate this morning and only friedman got called up so it seems like they'll go

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Pens aren't very good. I know I say that with them taking 5 points out of their last 6 on the road. Don't care.

They are a different team from the one that started the season and I can't account for it as a personnel issue.
I really feel like Sullivan's systems are just way too drat easy to exploit.
The roster is better than this

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Wonderllama posted:

Nick perbix is the next lightning sixth rounder to make trading first rounders irrelevant.

https://twitter.com/TBLightning/sta...s1_c10&ref_url=

Perbix sounds like a high fiber cereal brand

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

bub spank posted:

Highlight of the season:

https://twitter.com/everydaysens/status/1592354909428781056?s=46&t=UiKEZ-e_WX5By9BvnAlVDw

Nikita Zaitsev’s dad thinks that a Bruce Garrioch parody account is the real Bruce, calls him a fat loser. Nikita Zaitsev himself slides into that account’s DMs to challenge him to a fistfight.

The real highlight is when the sens use this as justification for terminating the last year of his contract
grats sens fans

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Everyone on the team is going high glove

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mage_Boy posted:

He seemed to go downhill very fast after his father died. I wonder if it is a mental thing from that. Or all the injuries. Maybe both.

it also felt like once the book was out on how to break him, everyone was picking the corner like they're Alex loving Kovalev
and it seems like the sort of thing a good goalie coach could adjust for but the pens have never been particularly known for those

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Aphrodite posted:

Auston Matthews' hairline looks like if Cousin It was walking through a portal that got closed halfway through.

such disrespect to a man paying homage to the immortal Master Pain

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

xzzy posted:

That blue uniform the habs were wearing looks cool on TV. Maybe not for that specific team because the canadiens are meant to be red. But in general, it's a neat hockey kit.

They look like cozy pajamas

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think he could, but I don't think he'll play too much longer. Maybe one year after this one at the very most.

Yeah with that concussion history, best not to tempt fate. He's got the cup, personal awards, and a hall of fame lock career.
I wouldn't be surprised if he came back this year just to hit the 1000 points

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

this is actually pretty rad
https://twitter.com/GoldenKnights/status/1593400134544412672?s=20&t=4NCvtgaItzzm_WM2k6UZeQ

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

fawning deference posted:

I wish NJ could erase the Palat signing and have that cap space back. They really don't need him and would have an extra $5-6m to work with. Echoing sentiments that this team with Gaudreau would be unfair.

Yeah that was definitely a desperation move. They could probably move him with some retention if he really doesn't fit in, or the buyout gets palatable in 2025

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

With regretting the Palat signing in mind, what's the big difference for Jersey between last year and this? What's changed that they now look like world beaters?

John "the new piece" Marino and a 101 PDO rather than a 98

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mike Works posted:

As a Canucks fan, I don't even hate Bergeron. He's a good guy, amazing player, won gold with Team Canada. I've got a soft spot for defensive minded forwards like him and Kesler, they're so comparatively underappreciated.

not just that but overcoming those concussion issues early on too
I've never hated him, undeniably a goddamned legend

unlike that rat Marchand

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I find Marchand intensely annoying as a player but I have to admit that it appears that he is actually a pretty solid dude overall.

I would take him on my team in a heartbeat but he is also a monster, a literal Grendel except tiny, and I hate every moment he is on the ice

in other words a perfect hockey player

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Kopi's got cups and selkies, he'll probably get in. After Rod the Bod though.
Staal maybe for the triple gold/as a brother gimmick trio

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Dumoulin, a 1st and (spins the wheel) Valtteri Puustinen

Make it happen, JR Hextall

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah Kotkaniemi is just a bog standard bottom line plugger being paid like a top six guy, living the dream because the Canes and Habs got in a pissing match.

The funniest part is Rod and Canes management never really even wanted him, but feel compelled to keep up the charade of believing he's gonna be awesome Real Soon Now, just you wait!

On the bright side for the canes, if they ever need the space his buyout takes the hit down to less than a league minimum contract... it's just forever

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Keep in mind those are mostly even strength points as well. He seems to be pretty good for around 30 of those, and sure that's not elite production but it's always a good thing to have players on the roster that don't need special teams time to pot goals

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hand Knit posted:

It's about time we had a pre-eminent Jewish sports family. No more settling for one-off stars.

But you have to mention Adam Fox

This is really the era of superstar Jewish NHLers

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I see that and think Giroux was really checked out at the end of his flyers stint, eh?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

112 points in 52 games + 6'1

Who would you definitely take over him from that group right now though? Stutzle? I'm not sure I'd trade him straight up for anyone else mentioned. Maybe Sanderson if he keeps it up. I'm not convinced Raymond is a better player, he just gets way more opportunity on Detroit.

Raymond plays harder minutes and puts up more points, it's no contest unless you start talking about intagibles

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Laf definitely still needs to improve his skating to get to the next level. As it stands he is very much a complimentary player with a good set of hands. Granted, that's a fine thing to be but he generates next to nothing on his own and doesn't really back-check either

Kakko is also not the best skater in the world but he is just an all around smarter player with and without the puck, is good at picking pockets, and can make a play on his own.

They both surely have more to give but despite the production differences, I still think Kakko tops out as a higher caliber player than Laf, everything else being equal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

https://twitter.com/SWhyno/status/1598014258196906010

Dear lord that's terrifying.

Godspeed Kris, you were a good player.

jesus loving christ man
Get well and hang up the skates

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Not Important posted:

Aphasia isn't that big a deal. You don't need to talk to play hockey, do you?

I really hope the guy's gonna be okay.

:rolleyes: The guy's a professional, one little stronk dont betott engle honcey stik

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Sharks waived Cal Peterson, who just signed a 15 mil contract

lol

Kings you mean
but still lol