Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Advanced shmats - Devils ain't boring son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Blackwood has had a good stretch - 20/20 on EV strength last night and only let in PP goals. First 2 periods he was real sharp. Tis nice to see him having a better season so far - Hischier not being injured also helps and has been really good on faceoffs and applying pressure

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Koopa Kid posted:

Guys like Mike Rupp trying to cling to relevance don’t need the air, this stuff is tedious.

lol no, Matthews is a little bitch.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

VOTE1 posted:

You’ve watched the best (unless you watched Canucks v ducks) now watch the rest. Australia v New Zealand is about to be live. The only question what will be worse the quality on the ice or the quality of the stream?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tnj67LHfQxM

Straya with the Shutout

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

If the playoffs started today these would be some wild-rear end matchups.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

or do what they did with the red line

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

"NHL general managers discuss potential rule changes in 'evolving' game
Expanding video review, reducing penalty for failed coach's challenge among topics ahead of March meeting"

cool lets just make it even dumber

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

lol that's so loving stupid it's beyond stupid.

Why do you need to wear a helmet during warmups to protect your head if 75% of the players on the ice aren't wearing one?

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Sure but like.. just make it a blanket thing and give ever increasing fines to people who don't. Having half assed safety measures is why people get injured in the first place

This is the NHL's player safety department we're talking about after all

To clarify, I'm all for it and it should be a thing regardless. The stupidity lays in going "well you have to, but you dont"

Diet Crack fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Nov 18, 2022

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

mcmagic posted:

I didn't expect Nico to improve as much as he has this year. I thought he was a nice player but not a star and right now he's playing like one of the best 20 players in the league.

He dealt with a smattering of injuries that really hampered him going into last season where he had to get back to fitness and reacquaint - now he's healthy we're seeing why he was a #1 pick.

The aggressiveness of the whole team to try and move the puck as fast as possible while controlling the boards down into the corners with little tap plays behind and quick cuts up ice have really had an impact. They've had really active sticks on defense as well, which was evident against the Leafs in the high slot a lot of the time

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I haven't experienced that at all. I actually think the ESPN app is pretty good. It's all been either as good or better than the NHL app was. Maybe its your ISP or the device you're using to watch? 99% of the time I'm either watching it off an app on my PS4 or on a computer.

I noticed a massive difference in video quality on my xbox back in the day when I had a nhl subscription vs what it looked like on a PC.. this was back in 2015 though

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Let's fuckin' go Devils :devil:

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

NJ vs BOS double header for christmas

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

I guess Bill Guerin's idea of identity is being a useless gently caress who happens to be large.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

eXXon posted:

Meanwhile, my only hope is that Tom Wilson destroys some shifty little midget on the Devils forcing them to overreact and acquire more meatheads to ruin their annoyingly good and fun team.

Wilson will probably get suspended before that can happen though