Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Cartoon Man posted:

I know that before the February invasion Ovi campaigned and was all in on Team Putin and made TV ads for him. Would he have done that knowing that Putin was planning this war? I’d like to think not but I dont know. His handlers have been smart since then in only having make one statement that “war is bad and I want peace” and nothing else. Does he truly revel and take pleasure in the wholesale slaughter and genocide of innocent Ukrainian civilians and children? I truly hope not, but I’ll be the first to burn my Ovechkin jersey if it turns out he does. I know he loves his homeland and has lots of friends and family there. I hope he hates what Putin has done and has changed his stance on supporting him as a result of this awful war. But he’s not going to say anything though and risk having his family/friends conscripted and sent to the front lines to die.

this is not the thread for it, but the war is more popular than Putin, so the safe assumption until shown otherwise is that he supports the war and doesn't support war crimes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Isentropy posted:

As someone who grew up as and am still mainly a NBA fan, treasure what you have. Hockey players being boring ciphers (to the media) with the exception of goalies rocks. I like that I can just watch the young Habs develop without a National Discussion

everything about this post is amazing. expertly crafted, love the lingering notes it leaves on the tongue

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

ThinkTank posted:

Can we please now never hear the name Mitch Miller mentioned in hockey circles again?

mennoknight posted:

but can we talk about his wonderful big band records

I thought he died from an overdose in 2018???

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Time to spin the wheel of justice

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1590373564079042560
https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1590168207935287296

Anderson got off light on a far worse hit because Pietrangelo wasn't injured; this one was not quite as bad but was very stupid and caused a significant injury. Place your bets! I say two games

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

deoju posted:

I really like Jack Edwards when he's just calling the play, but his raging homerism makes him awful.

The Redwings duo is the worst imo.

In my biased opinion they're the good kind of homer, obviously rooting hard for the Wings and talking them up even when they're bad, but spending a lot of time on the good things other teams are doing. Aside from some of their sillier moments, like when Kronwall would kill a man or the famous Hasek play, it's mostly just Mickey Redmond with Old Time Hockey takes. Redmond in particular has a habit of being like "well, that's not a penalty, but I guess we'll take it" when the Wings get a lucky call

I'm Boston local and their team is just all Boston all the time and shits on other players.