Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Everybody will praise Gio and Rielly. They should. But I guarantee you that Auston's behavior was noted not just in that locker room but around the league, too. How does he expect his teammates to fight for him if he won't fight for them? I like Auston a lot, and he's a tremendous hockey player, but he hasn't won a goddamn thing in this league. As mentioned before, that would never happen with Messier/Sid/Toews/Getzlaf/Malkin/Lecavalier...all of the guys who've won in the last 10-20 years, hell even Bergeron wouldn't have done that. No one's gonna critique him in public, but Shanahan or Keefe or someone has to pull him aside and say "listen you can't do that". I get not going against someone like Reaves or even a bigger star like Pietrangelo or something, but a 5'10" guy who's the best player on the other team? You gotta beat his rear end

speaking of shanahan and fighting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Wings are gonna seesaw all year between wins and losses but at least they are young and interesting to watch now.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think the Caps time as a playoff team is over. Too old, too many injuries, the depth is good but not enough to carry games, etc

Also I saw Ovechkin scored a goal last night. Tied with Howe for most all time with one franchise, but what was more surprising to me is that it was his 400th road goal (386 at home). I would think that Ovechkin would have more goals at home just due to being able to line match and "home team X factor" or whatever. The most road goals in NHL history is Gretzky with 402, so it seems likely that Ovie breaks a Gretzky goal scoring record this year.

I've been an Ovi fan ever since he gave a cribs tour of his rookie apartment and had a mini fridge just for vodka

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

lmao of course its the bruins

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

RIP, gonna be inconsolable when Mickey Redmond dies

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Konstantin posted:

One thing the Miller drama does is sends every hockey parent a very clear message: If your son does something bad, do everything in your power to deny, bury, and minimize it. If it gets out, your son's career is finished, it doesn't matter how young your son is or what he does to try and atone. Taking responsibility just makes your child a target.

Are you fuckin stupid

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah it's definitely this and not "make sure I teach my child not to be a racist, abusive monster"

Because let he who has not tortured a developmentally disabled peer cast the first stone

ouch
hey
who is
why are you all throwing stones is this not a normal thing to have done

please dont throw rocks at konstantin that violates this very post

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Time to spin the wheel of justice

https://twitter.com/NHLPlayerSafety/status/1590373564079042560
https://twitter.com/BallySportsDET/status/1590168207935287296

Anderson got off light on a far worse hit because Pietrangelo wasn't injured; this one was not quite as bad but was very stupid and caused a significant injury. Place your bets! I say two games

jesus thats a reminder of the Lemieux/Draper hit

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

For anyone not ancient and nearing death the way i am that may not have been a hockey fan in the 90s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkMSSxWPrqE

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its weird looking at the schedule today and going "oh hey a wings game tommorow, neat!"

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Wings continue to be at least fun to watch, and immensely more competitive than last year

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

all of the women in my life have loved the fighting in the nhl lmao

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

One time my family and I went to a game and got into one fo those dumb family arguments on the way, mostly ruining the mood. My mom and sister were at each other's throats and we were all just silent at the game. Then a fight broke out right by the corner we were sitting by, and we all hopped up cheering. Night saved, we went out for drinks and food after and had a great time.

Fighting brings families together.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

its a good joke though considering the context lol

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

A buddy of mine used to live in columbus, and i went t oa few games there over the years. We had fun getting drunk and hollering "boom goes the cannon" annoyingly loud after a goal.

With that said, goddamn the wings looked great saturday night and continue their trend of being Fun to Watch.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

people that get mad at that poo poo are universally the biggest loving losers on the planet

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

looking forward to the wings game tonight, hopefully we rebound from Toronto kicking our rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Mickey Redmond owns and I will legit be inconsolable when he passes. He has been a consistent voice in my life for 30+ years. I love when he bashes the refs for bad calls, even when they are against the opponent, and watching his nose get red as he drinks is a Detroit tradition.