Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

And my monitor is OFF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Some Guy TT posted:

do we have any videos of zelensky playing musical instruments

More importantly, is that video of Putin playing "still D.R.E." real

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Egg Moron posted:

Wait, what the gently caress is this bullshit? They are doing another round of peace talks that do not include Russia?

And no I will not read any of the posts above this one addressing this question

I think the point must be as simple as trying to keep Ukraine in the news

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

bedpan posted:

a few days ago there were a bunch of triumphant articles about ukraine having attacked the kerch bridge again

"And since I had achieved all my goals in one strike, there was no need for a second."

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Imagine the Congress of Vienna being held by the Second Coalition or something.

I have no idea what this means but context clues are enough to put it together. Insanely hilarious to hold the international PEACE SUMMIT and not invite 1 of the 2 countries fighting

Hadlock posted:

So Asia Times is saying French Foreign Legion is already on the ground

AP fact checker is saying no

BBC is indicating it's on the table but no confirmation as of yet

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cq5npwdv3wzo

Paragraph 3 and 6

I need to go reenable my Google News alert for "powderkeg"

Or maybe 3 countries. THat's cool. That's so cool

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
Imagine if the guys Napoleon was beating up held their famous conference/orgy to draw the future map of Europe while Napoleon was still winning and about to defeat them.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

what a touching song this was about the inevitability of death and how we need to cherish the memories of the people we have around us right now and not to take the precious miracle of life for granted

anyway back on topic i sure am glad were getting an israeli cease fire and the democrats backing up mike johnson for speakership maybe this is the opening for the weapons ukraine finally needs to keep this war going as long as it needs to go to force an unconditional russia surrender

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Paragraph 3 and 6

quote:

in response to "threats" by Western officials.
Last week, Mr Macron refused to rule out potentially deploying French troops, should Kyiv request them, while Lord Cameron said that Ukraine had the right to use British weapons for strikes within Russia.
lol. Western journalism.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

I think the goal is to say Ukraine has an 'internationally agreed upon peace plan' that Russia is refusing to abide by, making them the unreasonable party unwilling to negotiate. Nevermind the peace plan is going to demand the total surrender of Russia combined with ruinous reparations, it'll be internationally agreed upon

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Literally the same tactic as Israel as been using with Hamas and will be as effective. Its kind of incredible, though not surprising, how offended the West is by the concept of diplomacy.

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

CN CREW-VESSEL posted:

Imagine if the guys Napoleon was beating up held their famous conference/orgy to draw the future map of Europe while Napoleon was still winning and about to defeat them.

Wilhelm II making a peace conference mid August 1918 without France, the UK or the USA would be my pick. The war isn't technically lost but it's definitely on the downward slope.

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Nix Panicus posted:

I think the goal is to say Ukraine has an 'internationally agreed upon peace plan' that Russia is refusing to abide by, making them the unreasonable party unwilling to negotiate. Nevermind the peace plan is going to demand the total surrender of Russia combined with ruinous reparations, it'll be internationally agreed upon

Which then feeds back into the analysis. For example the RAND papers on rebuilding Ukraine say "since it was decided at peace talks that Russia will bear the brunt of rebuilding Ukraine through reparations..." blah blah blah, it's safe for Ukraine to take out even more loans.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

I mean Russia is going to be fronting the cost to rebuild Ukraine one way or another

RIP Syndrome
Feb 24, 2016

quote:

Tactical nuclear weapons are small nuclear warheads and delivery systems intended for use on the battlefield, or for a limited strike.

They are designed to destroy enemy targets in a specific area without causing widespread radioactive fallout.

Nothing to be alarmed about. The tiniest warheads, they're only wafer-thin.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/miss_rai1/status/1787424943426163036

The Kerch Bridge is like the Three Gorges Dam of Eastern Europe what with the NATO obsession over it.

Ukraine's biggest OSINT agency lmfao

Luxembourg's largest dildo manufacturer

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

KomradeX posted:

I mean Russia is going to be fronting the cost to rebuild Ukraine one way or another

The difference is that reparations paid to Ukraine will be immediately siphoned off into western pockets and cities will still be rubble in twenty years' time. All the corruption without any citizens pressing about follow through.

Also just recalled that the newest plan for 'legally' seizing frozen Russian assets is for Ukraine's creditors to take liens against future reparations, then use that obligation to justify seizing assets *now*. The war basically has to end in reparations, regardless of what Russia agrees to

Officer Sandvich
Feb 14, 2010
Are there any books or articles that get into Biden's connection to Ukraine? I'm reading Ukraine in the Crossfire and he keeps popping up. I didn't pay much attention to the Hunter/Burisma stuff or Trump’s impeachment so don't have any clue what the background is.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Nix Panicus posted:

The difference is that reparations paid to Ukraine will be immediately siphoned off into western pockets and cities will still be rubble in twenty years' time. All the corruption without any citizens pressing about follow through.

Also just recalled that the newest plan for 'legally' seizing frozen Russian assets is for Ukraine's creditors to take liens against future reparations, then use that obligation to justify seizing assets *now*. The war basically has to end in reparations, regardless of what Russia agrees to

It's almost hilarious how the only dynamic, free thinkinf parts of our society are the ones that come up.with new.inventive ways to collect rents, taking leins against future reperations. The mind boggles

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Hadlock posted:

Paragraph 3 and 6

harden your heart putin, wipe out the french legion

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

tristeham posted:

harden your heart putin, wipe out the french legion

Malleum
Aug 16, 2014

Am I the one at fault? What about me is wrong?
Buglord
theyre sending in the FFL because theyre the only guys with enough swastika tats to pass as ukranian

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title
Lol, just lmfao if your heart isn't hardened, your black flag isn't hoisted, and your self isn't dehumanized and faced to bloodshed.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

KomradeX posted:

It's almost hilarious how the only dynamic, free thinkinf parts of our society are the ones that come up.with new.inventive ways to collect rents, taking leins against future reperations. The mind boggles

How does this even work against a self-sufficient, nuclear armed nation state that can just tell the debt collectors to go gently caress themselves?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Z the IVth posted:

How does this even work against a self-sufficient, nuclear armed nation state that can just tell the debt collectors to go gently caress themselves?

It no longer works, but there are also no other ideas

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Z the IVth posted:

They want an excuse to seize the ~$300 billion in frozen Russian assets abroad. Nobody really cares about what happens to Ukraine in the long run

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

They don't need an excuse, they can just do it, what they don't want is to deal with the consequences of that action.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This is also not the first time they're trying to pull a stupid trick like when they were tried to buy russian fossil fuels by putting money into an escrow account that will be accessible at an unspecified later date.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Z the IVth posted:

That's a problem for next quarter, now to do stock buy backs

supersnowman
Oct 3, 2012

Lostconfused posted:

They don't need an excuse, they can just do it, what they don't want is to deal with the consequences of that action.

A few people saying this.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Danann posted:

https://twitter.com/miss_rai1/status/1787424943426163036

The Kerch Bridge is like the Three Gorges Dam of Eastern Europe what with the NATO obsession over it.

the whole point of pushing ukraine out of aardvika was securing rail lol

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Some Guy TT posted:

do we have any videos of zelensky playing musical instruments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbmZrzN3WFE&t=4s

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

crepeface posted:

Ukraine's biggest OSINT agency lmfao

Luxembourg's largest dildo manufacturer

they make the biggest dildos

Organ Fiend posted:

your black flag isn't hoisted,

whether ISIS or anarchist, no

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Hadlock posted:

Paragraph 3 and 6

if they are sending the FFL it's because nobody will care if they die, since, you know, no family in france to call up newspapers about it.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

January 6 Survivor posted:

if they are sending the FFL it's because nobody will care if they die, since, you know, no family in france to call up newspapers about it.

Yeah and I'm return you get French citizenship for being operation human shield. As long as the guys on either side of you die, and you survive, it's a pretty good deal. Or at least, that's how I understand it

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

You must keep two bullets

One for your enemy

And one for yourself

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Weka posted:

they make the biggest dildos

whether ISIS or anarchist, no

What about pirate

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

They want an excuse to seize the ~$300 billion in frozen Russian assets abroad. Nobody really cares about what happens to Ukraine in the long run

The funny thing is Russia has at least as much in assets from other countries in Russia, but the US doesn't give a poo poo since the US government has very little in assets in Russia so they don't care if Germany, France, etc. get owned since it's not their problem.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Germany and to a lesser extend Japan also don't want to the precedent of having to pay war reparations in this way

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

What about pirate

that's just cultural appropriation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

lol
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandera,_Texas